Sign in to follow this  
Dan_2

Farcry 2 Out Now

Hello Guys..

If you like me have been eagerly awaiting Farcry 2 you will be pleased to know that you can grab a copy today.

I rang JB-HIFI up to get a copy put aside for tomorrow 23/10/08 the official release date.

When I spoke to the JB Staffer he informed me that I could get it today.

When I asked why it was available a day ahead of schedule he told me that because Woolworths and EB Games had jumped the gun and had started to sell today and they

were cleared to sell it.

So you should be able to pick it up from JB, Woolies or EB on all formats.

I have my copy in my hand and cant wait to get home and play...

I just phoned the local JB... tomorrow there.

I suspect your local stores might be breaking the agreement by leaking it early.

I also suspect that since the game supposedly needs to be registered online before it will allow you to play it, that you might be in for some disappointment in that regard, seeing that we're supposedly getting it retail before most of the rest of the world, and that I doubt they'd have the server letting anyone jump the gun.

I suspect your local stores might be breaking the agreement by leaking it early.

I also suspect that since the game supposedly needs to be registered online before it will allow you to play it, that you might be in for some disappointment in that regard, seeing that we're supposedly getting it retail before most of the rest of the world, and that I doubt they'd have the server letting anyone jump the gun.

The authentication servers are up, one of the guys on OCAU has a legit copy and was able to play the game successfully.

Be able to confirm in about an hour.

Got it!!!!!!

Legend. Thanks for the tip.

As I was paying for it, one of the blokes said they'd got an email 10 minutes before, telling them to pull it from the shelves.

Anyways, about to install... I'll see if I can get some videos up a bit later.

ACT (Belconnen Mall).

I phoned JB but they said tomorrow.

Then thought "fuck it", and drove down and cruised DSE and EB. Nothing on the shelf.

Asked someone at <insert naughty Game store here> and he grabbed me a copy.

DAMN YOU! Well enjoy it! Make the most of it while us unlucky ones have to sit on our hands and wait for the proper release!

CRAP! I was hoping you were a lying $#%^ ! Please let me know your initial thoughts after an hour or so tonight.

Impatient...

taking a while to install... the big wait is for the stupid C and .NET libraries to go in.

I've got it hooked up to my HDD/DVD recorder, and running clone mode.

Problem is, it doesn't show the 1440x900 width so the video will probably be clipped.

I've got some video, converting and I'll upload somewhere shortly.

Gotta say, the graphics look impressive. Stupid thing had a message "Your graphics drivers are too old". PMSL.

Just continued, and played for a while. I get the feeling this malaria thing is going to be a right PITA.

Sweet.

Although, not having net access on my gaming pc is a right pain in the arse. I'll be nabbing a couple of wireless network cards when I get it tomorrow methinks.

-X

Asked someone at <insert naughty Game store here> and he grabbed me a copy.

Well I guess that naughty store will be in trouble.

Doubt it.

Sales will probably fall to a trickle once a properly cracked version gets out.

Sales will probably fall to a trickle once a properly cracked version gets out.

And the main reason will be because of SecuROM I bet.

I was hoping I could pick up my CE today, but unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow. :(

I read elsewhere it's a watered down DRM.

It doesn't seem to care about me having Alcohol120 installed with a Virtual CD drive.

I read elsewhere it's a watered down DRM.

It doesn't seem to care about me having Alcohol120 installed with a Virtual CD drive.

Do you still see the spinning cd icon when the game starts loading?

I still stumped on how the activations and revokes work.

Hot diggity, this is gonna be hard.

No radar, more realistic weapon sightings.

It feels more like one of the CoD games than a Far Cry or Crysis type game.

One nice thing is that it seems to load quickly - doesn't spend a rediculous amount of time checking the protection, and, although probably sitting in the cache, the initial level load is fast.

When first starting though, it was kinda annoying having the scripted scene that seemed to go forever, and all you could do was move your field of view.