jwenham

Font Audio

Hey guys,

My front audio doesn't work because my front audio only supports AC97 audio and my mobo is HD audio. So i need to get a new front audio panel, even one that fits in the 5.25 bays would be awesome. But I have no idea where to get it from or if it's even sold. Are they sold? Can someone help find a store that I can buy one from. If you could that'd be great!

thanks,

Jimmy

Configuring AC'97 Audio:

If you want to connect an AC'97 front panel audio

module, click the tool icon on the Audio I/O tab On

the Global Connector Settings box, select the Dis-

able front panel jack detection check box. Click

OK to activate the AC'97 functionality.

When using an AC'97 front panel audio module, you can only have audio signals present on

either the front or the back panel audio connections, but not both at the same time.

yeah i've done that, that's all sweet. But still doesn't work.

Check my out my connections: my motherboard is a gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

Pin NO.

1 - MIC

2 - GND

3 - Mic Power

4 - NC

5 - Line Out®

6 - NC

7 - NC

8 - No Pin

9 - Line Out (l)

10 - NC

and this is what the case gives me:

MIC

GND

Line Out(l)

Line Out®

GND

do i just put the second GND in the mic power?

So case has individual plugs to connect to the mobo header?

If so leave the second ground pin unconnected.

Do not connect the gnd to power, unless you want some major issues.

ok thanks for your advice, but it still doesn't work. I tryed shoutin' at it, i tryed spittin' a it, what should i do?

ok thanks for your advice, but it still doesn't work. I tryed shoutin' at it, i tryed spittin' a it, what should i do?

Damn at a bit of a loss. I take it both mic and speakers do not work?

As for a front IO panel all I can find is a Silverstone one which does not seem to be available in Aus.

You could do what I do and use some 3.5mm audio extension cables.

As I have 5.1 speakers and 5.1 headphones I use 3 of these

Jaycar audio lead

to swap between speakers and headphones. Mic stays permanently connected to rear socket.

However if you have stereo headphones and 3.1 or 5.1 speakers you would have to also change the speaker settings in the audio properties panel all the time as well.

If you have stereo or 2.1 speakers and stereo headphones you could use one of these

http://www.skycomp.com.au/product.aspx?id=35881

Posted Image

Speakers headphones and mic plug in to it and it connects to the back panel sockets, then you just flick the rocker switch to shift between headset and speakers.

well i've got a 5.1 and some stereo headphones. Your idea may still work, I can just leave the black and the orange plugged into the computer, but have the green one plugged into that device along with my headphones. So I may try that, thanks for your help. Although, I swear I've seen fan controllers with front audio ports on them.

ok ok wtf. I bought myself a new motherboard and new case. So all new gear right? Uninstalled old drivers, reinstalled new ones. Why doesn't my front audio work? i plugged everything in. The case came with a front audio plug which i put into the motherboard. It worked once when I was using Vista, but after that one time it hasn't worked. And it never worked in XP. what the hell?