pandemonium

The joys of playing COD Black Ops

Went to EB Games tonight at Midnight for my pre-ordered COD Black Ops copy.

I live literally 5 minutes away from EB Games and was home by 12.08am.

Its now 1:15am and I'm STILL waiting for STEAMing pile of shit to update.

At this rate, I might be lucky and actually playing the game by 4:00am ....

just leave it for a couple of days till a patch comes out, you know its going to be broken like 99% of games these days until you get the first patch.

Edited by nesquick

LOL things have so improved since I got home with HL2 and it took 2 days to be able to install the game on dial up, due to overloading and steam being epic fail back then.

These days it just works (except now etc). The problem would be you and all your COD BO mates hitting it at the same time?

LOL things have so improved since I got home with HL2 and it took 2 days to be able to install the game on dial up, due to overloading and steam being epic fail back then.

These days it just works (except now etc). The problem would be you and all your COD BO mates hitting it at the same time?

my god you just brought back all my first memories of steam and my shitty dialup... I had to download something like 300mb of updates on a 48.8kbs connection, for anyone who can remember thats like 35 hours of straight downloading on dialup.

having said that HL2 blew my fucking mind when I first played it nothing else has ever come close for me to that moment in gaming for me.

Edited by nesquick

people are experiencing issues with multiplayer due to master server overload.

Give it 6 hrs and it will be all sorted.

Give it another 6 hrs, and the hackers will be around :P

Apparently there are a lot of issues, I know a guy with an i7 and a 5870 whose game is unplayable, and even lags in the menus, wait for an update people

sounds like a good...but with issues...ill just wait for useual 3 week later half price sale...

Installation took about 15 mins plus add another 5 minutes for the patch and it's all good. I've been playing Zombie mode for about half hour and so far I've enjoyed it.

I got mine from EB for $78 since I did the price match to Big W's catalogue, so it was worth it. :)

Edited by Blue Fire

I wonder if there's a tweak guide up?

Most console ports need tweaking to address 2gb> of ram, or to utilise multithreading for quads etc.

Played through on a Q6600, 4GB RAM, 1GB 465GTX with everything on full with NO issues. My brother experienced lagging and stuttering on his ATI card.

it's affecting both cards. there is information on steam.

when in the menu my FPS ranges from 10FPS to 40FPS. get into game and the thing dies.. this is on low settings BTW.. I crank up MW2 afterwards all setttings high and it stays arouns 100FPS.

There has been issues relating to steam.exe and how BO uses it. You can test this by restarting steam in offline mode and testing the menu.. bam FPS jumps all the way back up to where it should be.

They will need to release a patch to address it however PCs which are at min spec and also at max spec are affected. Seams there is only a small handfull of people not affected by it.

people have said its how steam.exe operates with BOMP.exe.. people are guessing that because its still not released on steam for US yet, that a patch will be available.. this should be around 6 hrs time

having said that HL2 blew my fucking mind when I first played it nothing else has ever come close for me to that moment in gaming for me.

Interesting a lot of people say this for me however I was let down by HL2 I felt for it's time HL1 was a far greater achievement.

Still issues now, even playing the bots in mulitiplayer. It's not as bad offline, but still getting major frame issues.

Running in lowest settings doesn't seem to help either.

Edited by phatbeat

Godsdammit - and I still don't have my copy so I can't even join in with the whinging!!!

hah hawkeye its standard first day gaming issues.

im pissed off about the steam forums though. seriously don't they have people moderating them? and people say we are bad here .. fuck me every man and his dog is making a "my BO isn't working in multiplayer" and not to mention the americans who are all OMG THE GAME ISN'T RELEASED YET STFU lol.

As much as it's annoying, im doing all the normal things. constantly refreshing forums, updating my drivers, so the second its fixed, my game is ready to. Bitching does nothing other than anger the blood.. won't fix the issue any faster. The people on the steam forums really anger me :P