pandemonium

The joys of playing COD Black Ops

Surely they would have expected this?

I also found that on Wednesday when I was sick from work, I got better FPS and less lag at 10am when I started it up, then later in the day.

Can someone please enlighten me to what the map is where its like the Indiana Jones nuclear scene? That seems to be my favorite at the moment.

I also despise the training ground map or what ever it is called. (These are both S&D I am talking about).

E: I heard a rumour of a patch today?

Edited by sgtsmithy

a minor patch was released this morning (nobody knows what it does as there was no notes.. seems very hush hush atm) but whatever it is, has fixed ALL of my lag issues. previously, CPU running at 100% everything at low and only getting 20-40 fps. now everything maxxed out and stable 80FPS and cpu running at 80%

a minor patch was released this morning (nobody knows what it does as there was no notes.. seems very hush hush atm) but whatever it is, has fixed ALL of my lag issues. previously, CPU running at 100% everything at low and only getting 20-40 fps. now everything maxxed out and stable 80FPS and cpu running at 80%

What specs are you running?

I was getting around 60fps when playing but horrible lag, will be interesting to see how things go with this lil patch.

It was probably a minor patch with how BO interacts with steam or the cloud.

I found the article which had the information. I have linked it to so many people i CBF doing it again :P

pretty much from a PC point of view they enhanced performance for dual and quad cores. this seems to have done the trick.

sgtsmithy, pc is E8400 clocked at 3.6 4GB of ram 9600GT.

not the greatest machine I know, but could easily run MW2 maxed out. now it can pretty much do the same for BO as well since this patch :)

Need more than one to be a confirmation. Could be a fluke. :-)

Edited by Oracle X

lol this is a true point..

in saying that. a bunch of mates who were having 100% CPU issues, have confirmed it has fixed it. some people its a little better others like me said massive difference.

give it a shot :) italbetheonlywayyoufindout!

hah

You know i have a theory. Very well ludicrous, however just think about this for the moment. Imagine if you knew you where going to get 5+ million users running your game. Now lets just say that 35% of these users are always online playing multi-player. Now code the program so that it takes 1-2% of your processor usage(something that you wont notice anyways) and UPLOADS it back to Activision so they can rent out CPU time in the form of a massively distributed supercomputer. Hmmm makes you think doesn't it?

Just finished the single player.

Was quite fun, although a few levels sucked ass, like the Helicopter ones, the controls are retarded and when you have to shoot down other helicopters, they just fly up so you can't aim at them, as you can't change your own altitude -.-

The mp is pretty fun. I really dig that it kinda like mw2 mp; but you can pick from servers in a proper browser!! Yay for something that was a given when I first started playing online fps over 10 years ago =\

The shithouse lag is severely shithouse though. Like an always spiking 30-999ms ping to an Adelaide server (btw I live in Adelaide). It's making the game unplayable atm. I hope it's fixed soon.

p.s. if you see me in server be sure to say hi (gabber in-game as well) after you've wtfpwned me :)

My latency is around 60 atm. However players still teleport around the map and I get glitches when I run into enemy players. Is this a GPU issue?

Just finished the single player.

Was quite fun, although a few levels sucked ass, like the Helicopter ones, the controls are retarded and when you have to shoot down other helicopters, they just fly up so you can't aim at them, as you can't change your own altitude -.-

I loved the game so much the best Cod yet

They almost got everything right!!!!

Only downside which is outweighed massively by everything else would have to be the Helicopter missions and the part when you get into the stealth plan (I saw the stealth play and was like Going to fly that hell yeh “Press left mouse” DONE “Press S key” DONE….what that’s it?)

But honestly I loved this game so much almost stayed up all night playing it lol.

I really like the Zombie cinematic and the Zombie play too!

My latency is around 60 atm. However players still teleport around the map and I get glitches when I run into enemy players. Is this a GPU issue?

its not YOU lagging... that's them.

it happens to me on occasion. I will run, game will freeze while im still pressing run, I die then watch the kill cam. The second I freeze on my machine, in the game im rock solid as well.

sucks the patch didn't do anything for you.

i just had a game, ping was around 40-90 and it was laggy as all hell, I'll wait for another patch, according to gameservers.com there is a server side patch coming soon.