Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Reb1rth.

Our Atomican Black Ops server!

Na. Not that many people use it and with the lag it's too easy to miss and stuck with reload. I prefer the SPAS and dual HS10.

Ultimately this game was well tweaked for an community for the pc. It has many many bugs but with patches this should be all fixed in 4 months perhaps? The game however doesn't have that authentic feel of COD4 though.... Many guns and features was just sugar coated from MW2 and World @ War. They screwed sniping hitmarkers. COD 4 just feels more like an classic.

I prefer HQ myself.

yep HQ is the best mode on a cod game.

I used to agree with you, but i have been having a ball playing Demolition. It just seems so much better in Black Ops.

Not only is it tactical, you also get to run and gun if you wish (not that it always gets you very far!)

Edit weird double post.

Edited by phatbeat

I'm not as huge a fan of S&D in Blops as I was in COD4, I've actually been hitting TDM and FFA which seem to work much better in Blops than they did in COD4/MW2.

Nice work on grabbing an atomic server dudes, will pop in tonight for sure and say hey.

Still uber-noober level and getting the hang of everying...

Hows performance for everyone at this stage? Im running an E6600 @ 3GHz / 4GB / HD4890 and definitely not getting the smoothest experience... MW2 ran like a dream in comparison. I know its early days patch wise but are these problems being shared at all?

Nice work on grabbing an atomic server dudes, will pop in tonight for sure and say hey.

Hows performance for everyone at this stage? Im running an E6600 @ 3GHz / 4GB / HD4890 and definitely not getting the smoothest experience... MW2 ran like a dream in comparison. I know its early days patch wise but are these problems being shared at all?

I have an almost identical set up to yours and i'm still getting issues. Last night was the first almost lag free game i have played, until a couple of 400+ ping peeps joined the server and screwed it up for everyone.

I have an almost identical set up to yours and i'm still getting issues. Last night was the first almost lag free game i have played, until a couple of 400+ ping peeps joined the server and screwed it up for everyone.

so a few screw it up for everyone? interesting...

I can't beleive I played from 1-4am last night after work (well this morning) cause it was so nice to have lag free games.

so a few screw it up for everyone? interesting...

Pretty much the lag just spiked heavily after the big pingers jumped in, massive rage from everyone else on the server!

I still get lots of lag spikes, it even freezes up occasionally, which doesn't seem to happen to everyone, I'm running a fairly hefty rig too, so cpu/gpu aren't the problem, they're still running stock server software, but apparantly a patch is in the works.

As I said earlier in the thread, if we want to have an atomic black ops night, I'll gladly change the server game mode around for a few hours, however as its ranked, it can't be locked or anything, so I'd have to kick randoms for others to join.

Add me to steam if you want to join the server and cant, as I'll kick randoms.

I'm not as huge a fan of S&D in Blops as I was in COD4, I've actually been hitting TDM and FFA which seem to work much better in Blops than they did in COD4/MW2.

Why dont we just do a random game type for the server. U know... every game has a different scenario that way everybody will win... or lose. I'm not trying to avoid S&D because im afraid im noob, i just dont think its the most bang for your buck game type when you can have non-stop action with HQ or ffa where you gain heaps of exp as well.

i hope this server is still alive.

Edited by geekytalon

I'm running mine on max with solid 100-140FPS, with hardly any latency spikes.

The server generally fills pretty quickly once it has 3-4 players.

So if you and your friends are heading online to play, give our server a shot. It shouldn't take long.

ok the sniper rifles are pretty crap....but the m14 with an acog site is friggin amazing!

I have been using the M14 a heap its good with red dot and grip if you need to spray someone but also good at long range.

I have been using the M14 a heap its good with red dot and grip if you need to spray someone but also good at long range.

Didn't realise it could take the grip attachment. Might have to suss that out....