Morgoth

Building i7 rig finally!

OH Herro there! What I see?

800D what you doin?! What you only cost me $230? =D

Posted Image

Posted Image

HDD cages removed for Radiator room

Posted Image

Oh and I forgot to post this earlier, surprisingly these cards are about the same size

Posted Image

MY camera got rain in it about a year ago, I hope that's not the reason for my crappy photos, I'm hoping it's me being lazy

how'd you get that 800d so cheap man? im thinking of going into a larger case and a 932 is my prefrence atm.

nice pics!

now build it!

and add more pics!

i dunno, I'm just somehow good at coming across nicely priced gear, this case was a local pickup too, the tech Gods meant this to be! (Probably Ben Mansill or Mister Hollingwood)

The plan once I get my shit together is to:

Mount my 360 Radiical rad in the top, either with screws or super strong backing tape.

Mount a 240 rad in the bottom somehow, gonna be tight on tubing, will need to do a loop to get from barbs to through the premade tray holes into top section.

Second GTX 480 due probably monday, I've decided to keep it, so I have to order an MCW80 block for it (full cover for noobs who thing memory needs watercooling :P)

I've already got tubing, I'm thinking of buying a different 240mm rad as this one has bent bits of shroud and it's annoying me (blackice2 extreme)

MCP655+360+240+apogeeXT+mcw60+mcw80+micro res. Haven't decided on order of the loop yet.

I've run out of mounting screws to fit the radiator, and no hardware shops sell the right shit, it's annoying as hell to find screws that mount 38mm high fans to a rad.

I'm just hoping the doublesided curtain backing tape is strong enough, if not I'll need to find some damn screws and noone sells them.

I'm contemplating the loop as follows.

Pump>360rad>cpu>gpu1>gpu2>240rad>res>pump.

As long as the res is before the pump, it doesn't really matter, but I think that method should work best, as it keeps the CPU at the lowest possible temp. I hope the tubing agrees

Edited by morgoth

if its m4 screws you need i just grabed 32x 45mm M4 hex ones from the kool room for like 19 bucks. a 38mm fan and grill usually use up all the room left on the screw well

if its m4 screws you need i just grabed 32x 45mm M4 hex ones from the kool room for like 19 bucks. a 38mm fan and grill usually use up all the room left on the screw well

are they based in aus?

I'm contemplating this order from Koolroom.

20xM4 8mm screws - for rad mounting to the case (flush, no fans between)

And 12xm4 45mm hextop for mounting the fans, cos I'm running badly low on screws.

And a 240mm aquacomputer airplex xt radiator comes with fans too, (likely too slow for me =D)

This also means I need to finish modding the bottom of this case, to cut the hole out for bottom radiator

Also thinking about cutting out the 140mm grill in the mid-section so my WC pipes can go straight up.

None of this bendy adaptor to compression fitting nonsense which will cos like $40

Tempted to get a bay res too...

EDIT: gonna keep my micro res, I can hide it in a cool spot.

I did the order from the koolroom, also need to order an MCW80 from PCCG now for the second GTX480

Edited by morgoth

Stalker again! nVidia's arena, always has been, and arch enemy of crossfire for a very long time.

4870X2 results, settings max@1920x1200

Posted Image

GTX480 results, settings max dx11+tesselation@1920x1200

Posted Image

I'm contemplating this order from Koolroom.

20xM4 8mm screws - for rad mounting to the case (flush, no fans between)

And 12xm4 45mm hextop for mounting the fans, cos I'm running badly low on screws.

And a 240mm aquacomputer airplex xt radiator comes with fans too, (likely too slow for me =D)

This also means I need to finish modding the bottom of this case, to cut the hole out for bottom radiator

Also thinking about cutting out the 140mm grill in the mid-section so my WC pipes can go straight up.

None of this bendy adaptor to compression fitting nonsense which will cos like $40

Tempted to get a bay res too...

EDIT: gonna keep my micro res, I can hide it in a cool spot.

I did the order from the koolroom, also need to order an MCW80 from PCCG now for the second GTX480

just in case you dont know, that airplex rad doesnt come with screws. fail. lol man i sooo need a new gpu this 5770 lags in star wars TFU (great game btw).

Yeah I think I ordered enough screws to make up for it^

Force unleashed looks nice, but apart from that, KOTOR is better ^

It looks second hand nuke, dust in the cable grommets tells me its either an ex display or pre loved.

Thats what I was thinking, its fairly dusty, however if its only ex-display and dust is the biggest issue, its still a great find.

It looks second hand nuke, dust in the cable grommets tells me its either an ex display or pre loved.

Thats what I was thinking, its fairly dusty, however if its only ex-display and dust is the biggest issue, its still a great find.

It was $225 (I gave him $230 because he threw in some spare WC bits, barbs, angles, tubing, camps - for nothing.)

Only difference from new is the bottom hdd cage is cut out to make room for 240 radiator mod.

After a quick measure with the tape, the silverstone tj09 is 510mm high x 590mm long x 205 wide.

the Obsidian 800D is about 585mm high x 610mm long x 225 mm wide

Rather big!

EDIT:

couple of concerns thus far, which I should take into account.

1) Heat output, if I assume the two 480's and an overclocked i7 will produce approx 700-800w heat, I'm wondering if my Radiical dualpass 360 will cut it for the big rad, it's the older design of radiator. New rads are thicker with less FPI, thus needing lower speed, lower pressure fans, however mine isn't as thick, but has high FPI (atleast 20) and requires higher pressure/cfm fans, which doesn't bother me.

I'll also see how this aqua rad turns out, from the koolroom, as it is new.

2) the Apogee XT block, we all know it performs fine, but we also know how restrictive to flow it is, if MAY be too much for a 3 block/2 rad loop, I'll have to test it, if it's no good, I'll grab an ek supreme HF or something.

3) The bottom 240 rad positioning/joins.

I'd prefer to not have to buy compression fittings with angles for it. So I have the angle option, or drill through the 140mm fan grill in the mid section so the tubes can run straight up through them, instead of having to re-route or run a whole coil bend so it fits through the existing holes.

Edited by morgoth

Okay I've gone ahead and organised some more stuff.

Decided I don't want to cut the case any more than I need to.

I will be running two tubing sizes in the loop, but they are virtually the same, will make less difference than the waterblocks will to flow.

another 4ft of tubing, 1/2"id primochill clear

a few 45" rotary adapters

4x 1/2" compression fittings (all this because I cannot get 7/16" comp fittings where I'm buying, so I need the bigger tubing.)

Exciting time, a little friend arrived today in the mail!

Again sorry for crap pics!

Such smaller box than the Gigabyte one!

Posted Image

EVGA

Posted Image

Look they are friends!

Posted Image

Now some single VS SLI, everyone loves that!

All runs done on 4Ghz with Hyperthreading ON

STALKER: Benchmark

All settings on absolute max, DX11, 4xaa, 1920x1200

Stalker CoP Single GTX480@800core (sorry didn't SS stock test, was about 5or more avg fps gain with 800core)

Posted Image

Stalker CoP SLI GTX480@stock

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

METRO2033 Benchmark (min FPS is initial starting spike =[ not a consitant low point)

Max settings, DX11 Tesselation Advanced DOF, 4x MSAA, 1920x1200 physx off (virtually no diff in fps to on)

Single GTX480@stock

Posted Image

SLI GTX480@stock

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRYSIS Benchmark GPU-1

Very high, 64bit/dx10, 8xAA, 1920x1200

Single GTX480@stock

Posted Image

SLI GTX480@stock

Posted Image

3dmark Vantage

HT on, CPU@4Ghz

Physx DISABLED

Single GTX480@stock

3DMark Score P20263

GPU Score 19084

CPU Score 24871

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2777650

SLI GTX480@stock

3DMark Score P31019

GPU Score 33708

CPU Score 25029

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2777652

-----------------------------------

I must say, I'm impressed with how far SLI scaling has come since implementation.

Average FPS almost doubling in many cases!

Edited by morgoth

Too many images for that post, here's heaven

Unigine Heaven!

max settings, extreme tesselation, 8xaa 1920x1200

Single GTX480@800core (4140MhzCPU cos I benched this the other day)

Posted Image

SLI GTX480@stock (4Ghz CPU)

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I think I ordered enough screws to make up for it^

Force unleashed looks nice, but apart from that, KOTOR is better ^

compared to kotor i loved it actually. story was decent (in TFU) but could use a bit more depth, i still ended up button mashing in kotor too, while some of the control systems were heaps better and the force powers were cooler too.