Sign in to follow this  
Morgoth

Building i7 rig finally!

very very nice man! im about to go to a lan! so ill see if my watercooling make my penis bigger! /jk m(might just put my heatsink back on to make it easier to move.

but really very very nice rig morgoth, I love the cable management it looks really slick. makes the card stand out more too!

Haha thanks, it's a whole new world to me after running my watercooling out on my desk and cables everywhere with my last build!

I left it leak testing while I went back to work, been on for 4-5 hours now.

There's a few bubbles settled in the lines, but I think they go away once there's a bit of temp change and more use.

I hope the flow rate is enough, adding 2 blocks and a rad and like 5 ft more tubing may take it's toll, I'll soon see.

Also I better not have randomly killed the 480's or something, I'll put together the system soon, no leaks =D

OH YES IT WORKS!

Shit yeah I didn't bust a GPU! So happy about that.

Idle temps are great, one crysis benchmark and both gpus only hit 49-50, idling at 32

CPU hit 44, high 30's.

More info to come, and SS

Pictures of it together to come, still need to put lights/dye in

Edit:

Okay here's my temps (shows highest/current temps) after crysis and 3dmark vantage runs

CPU@4Ghz

I was quite worried about flowrate, seems to not bother it.

This loop has two Apogee XT pin matrix bases (MCW80) which kill flow compared to others such as EK supreme HF and non pin matrix GPU blocks.

Posted Image

Edited by morgoth

good to hear mate

looking foward to some benchies

Yeah once I've got everything perfect physically (I like to take time with these things to make sure everything is spot on)

I'll then crank up some GPU clocks. Not bad water loop with 3 blocks dropping GPU temps but 30C loaded on both,

Here we are at current standing, I have UV cathodes and I need to buy some dye

Posted Image

so did it seem to take longer than normal first post? :) its always nice when they go

interesting temps my card only hits 40c when at max v mostly it tops out at ~35c stock clocks and idles ~28-30c

i wonder where the difference is water,mount,flow or just my probe is off

you have anything to check inlet and outlet water temps?

u sure the top rad isnt full of air?

i though the mcw60 was one of the least restrictive blocks

ek vga supreme was very restrictive i havent seen any reviews of the new hf yet

full cover blocks are all known to be restrictive

It booted up just fine, it re-detected GPUs in windows and all other hardware, then had to reboot, nothing silly ^^

As for higher GPU temps, I'd say it had alot to do with having two 480's in the loop.

I can't check the temps, but the hot pipe (bottom GPU outlet atfer 3 blocks) is warm, not hot, and the cool pipe (360 outlet, after res/pump/240 rad) is nice and cold.

I tipped the case on its side and stuff when I filled and leak tested, I'll tip the whole thing upside down tomorrow just to be 100% sure.

The MCW60 isn't restrictive, the MCW80 is because it's an Apogee XT bottom, like my CPU block.

BTW my GPU temps are identical, or occasionally 1-2 degrees within eachother, despite blocks differences, and the MCW60's tiny surface contact.

nice setup.

i have full cover blocks and 3 rads and have no problems with pressure and cards will be up to 3 degrees out just cos the last card warms the water a little bit.

it will take a while to get all the air out of the loop, i was hearing air for about a week after assembly just lil bubbles though.

is it nice and quiet or have you got loud fans ?

i tried silent fans and faster ones and found not much difference in temps maybe 3-4 degrees from nexus real silent 35cfm to 70 cfm noiseblockers.

Thanks!

I'm running 120cfm NMB's on the 360 rad and the rear intake, and the fans bundled with my 240 on that, I think yate loons, they are quiet, but the NMB's are loudish.

Edit:

For those new to watercooling, a couple of tips I reminded myself of since my last few projects....

1) Always order more tubing than you need

2) it requires patience, planning and balls (ie: possible leaks, and my very tight GPU blocks!)

3) measure at least 2-3 times once you've figured out the exact tubing run, overmeasure slightly, better to have to trim 2cm off a piece than to try and add it.

4) res above the pump, always put it in a position that allows reasonable ease of filling.

Edited by morgoth

nice work morgoth!

and some very nice tips...ill keep them in mind when i get round to doing w/c....if ever..

very good choice!

or green?

or rainbow?...

Is it possible to do rainbow? Having different substances the dont mix ? That would be fucking sick if you could

A present arrived today, Nidec 3.3amp/40watt fans! They're not real fast, only 5300RPM@ 220CFM........

Oh they sound like God is raping a baby kitten

And I'm taking double triple care to keep my fingers away, these things will take the end of a finger off...

Posted Image

Edited by morgoth

A present arrived today, Nidec 3.3amp/40watt fans! They're not real fast, only 5300RPM@ 220CFM........

Oh they sound like God is raping a baby kitten

Poor little kitty.

God stays hard and finishes.

Morgoth, whats the difference between the G80 adaptor plate for the mcw60/80 and the GT200 adaptor plate that comes with the mcw80? Looks exactly the same =/

Morgoth, whats the difference between the G80 adaptor plate for the mcw60/80 and the GT200 adaptor plate that comes with the mcw80? Looks exactly the same =/

GT200 wont fit, holes not wide enough.

Possible to drill them out do you think?

Not sure sorry, but for the sake of a few bux, G80 kit is the way.

prolly could. got the right size drill bit? do you need it GT200 adaptor? might as well try.

MCW80 ships with GT200 adaptors.

The screws to mount are 1/16" I think

Edited by morgoth

Okay I ordered a couple of dye bombs for my water to go with the yet-to-install UV Cathodes, I couldn't decide what I want, so I ordered two.

Primochill dyebomb

UV Electric Blue

UV Bright Orange

I can test some under the light in a plugged tube before I decide.

Okay I played around with the dye and the camera, for some reason I cannot stop the tubes looking pinker on camera, oh well. So I took a flash to show what they look like in daytime

Before you ask about the fan, it's on the outside because it makes a turbulence whine from the honeycomb mesh if it's sucking through, I haven't dealt with it yet, so it goes on the outer :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by morgoth