sillysam

Black Ops: Worth it

The lag has gotten a bit better. But I'm still getting the occasional spike up to the good ol' 999ms =\

At least my fps are stable now...

The lag has gotten a bit better. But I'm still getting the occasional spike up to the good ol' 999ms =\

Does anybody else have sudden lag when shooting at someone directly Especially when their shooting you in the same time? Did anybody notice lag when someone kills someone in the killcam?

Does anybody else have sudden lag when shooting at someone directly Especially when their shooting you in the same time? Did anybody notice lag when someone kills someone in the killcam?

Yes and Yes.

hmmmm I've had the game suddenly freeze on me the last week, everything would be fine then the game just freezes. Had to close BO using task manager. Very weird.

if u bought the other cod's u might as well get this one, its gud :)

i thought the visuals would be better but i can run it maxed out....like the others....

I found the single player rather boring, MP seems ok, but it was not worth the 60 bucks i spent on it.

i got it on xbox. didn't like it. so i went and bought Battlefield BC2 (on PC) and haven't looked back.

EDIT: i may be biased, i've always liked the battlefield games and only played COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 from the COD series. I really enjoyed MW2, Black Ops just doesn't deliver in my opinion.

Edited by martyr

I found the single player rather boring, MP seems ok, but it was not worth the 60 bucks i spent on it.

Im finding more and more lately games are not worth the money we get charged, I think from now on I am not going to listen to anybody who tells X game is good and buy it at full retail (well steam US price :P) and im just going to wait till they get really cheap the exception to this rule is Mass Effect 3 of course.

Thats why this game is so bad. I want a fucking refund.

The SP is good but MP well... I sent steam a refund request saying the game was broken (before the patch) and not of merchantable quality the same day I got it but they told me to go fuck myself.

i loved it. the sp was great, really well done. was just as entertaining sp as mw2 was for me. i dont play fps mp so means nothing to me.

but as far as sp goes, definately worth the money, i picked it up from jb for $69 day of release so it was a bargain in my book.

I finally succumbed - will be playing tonight...

You can play????? Im jealous. Complete lag and stutter fest for me. Even worse in Single player. Basically completely unplayable. Never again Treyach and Activision.

I purchased it, but was really disappointing at how bad the stutter was in the graphics during online play. I've pretty much gone back to playing Bad Company 2.

so you purchased at full price?

I never pay full price - ever!

Very linear game play through the first two missions - I think you can just walk straight through these missions without dieing. I hope it gets more challenging.

Very linear game play through the first two missions - I think you can just walk straight through these missions without dieing. I hope it gets more challenging.

where you buy your games? retail or online?

depends on your difficulty, but shouldn't be too hard

It doesnt. Very dissapointing.

My biggest issue is that ALL the weapons, attachments, uniforms and things like webbing and so forth are COMPLETELY incorrect for the time period. All of them. Sorry there was no AUG or FAMAS in 1968. There was no m16 with an m203 and ACOG sights in 1961. Mason is wearing webbing (ammo pouches and water bottles) that were not introduced till after 1973. Russian troops are wearing a camoflage uniform pattern from 1991. Etc. Completely destroyed the immersion for me and highlighted that the game is simply a by the numbers FPS with no intelligence behind it and is aimed 100% at the kiddies. Terrible. In fact if it wasnt for the 'mission briefing' this game could have been pretty much set in any time period. there is nothing in this game that distinguishes it. very Lazy.

Truly an awful game. I am more dissapointed with this than Medal of Honor Tier One.

It doesnt. Very dissapointing.

My biggest issue is that ALL the weapons, attachments, uniforms and things like webbing and so forth are COMPLETELY incorrect for the time period. All of them. Sorry there was no AUG or FAMAS in 1968. There was no m16 with an m203 and ACOG sights in 1961. Mason is wearing webbing (ammo pouches and water bottles) that were not introduced till after 1973. Russian troops are wearing a camoflage uniform pattern from 1991. Etc. Completely destroyed the immersion for me and highlighted that the game is simply a by the numbers FPS with no intelligence behind it and is aimed 100% at the kiddies. Terrible. In fact if it wasnt for the 'mission briefing' this game could have been pretty much set in any time period. there is nothing in this game that distinguishes it. very Lazy.

Truly an awful game. I am more dissapointed with this than Medal of Honor Tier One.

I thought the same things, but I put it to the back of my mind as I played it.