kikz

I've got no idea of "tough"

DESPITE being shot twice during an ambush in Afghanistan, an SAS soldier lashed himself to the front of his patrol vehicle so he wouldn't be left behind if he passed out from loss of blood and kept on fighting.

The Digger is expected to be recommended for a high-level bravery award.

Suffering from serious upper-body wounds, the soldier struggled on to the front of his SAS long range patrol vehicle and, under heavy fire, used a rope to attach himself firmly between the vehicle's bull bar and radiator.

Once he was secured, and there was no chance he would fall off if he fainted, he picked up his DM-4 assault rifle and resumed firing at the enemy during a two-hour fighting withdrawal.

Special Air Service troops and their comrades from the Commando Regiment are well aware of the slow and painful death that awaits those captured by the Taliban.

The Digger, who cannot be identified, faded in and out of consciousness, emptying several magazines as volleys of enemy rounds from high-powered AK-47 assault rifles and rocket- propelled grenades rained down around him.

He was finally evacuated from the battlefield at high speed still lashed to the front of the LRPV.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...699-952,00.html

yeah it is called survival instinct.

But that shit sounds like it is out of a movie

I did the same thing some years back after I broke a toe nail, I recon this guy would have cried too.

This shit goes down like that more than you know SASR are the maddest and toughest guys in aus no doubt and they get off on being in the shit with their mates.

This shit goes down like that more than you know SASR are the maddest and toughest guys in aus no doubt and they get off on being in the shit with their mates.

That sounds kinda gay

That sounds kinda gay

you're funny......

i think that there is more than just a few AJ's in here that have probably been in situations very similar (maybe not quick to the extent of having to strap themselfs to the bonet of their vehicle) to that

its amazing how adrenaline make a person act though.

Personally I would have bunny-hopped to the nearest friendly spawn point, find a nice camping spot and spammed "MEDIC!!!" in all the channels until I get some help.

But that's just me.

Thats intense

thats one of the words you use while its happening i like to use more colourful ones like "F@#$, shit f@!@#, MotherF#@@$#r, WTF was that"

you would be surprised at how much I know

similar thing happened to us in 'nam. Except we tied ourselves to the front of a donkey while being carpet bombed, napalmed and sprayed with agent orange. Against 1,000 Viet cong and all we had were sticks and chewing gum. We wiped the bastards out, and lost limbs in the process. But we go better.

That's pretty hard core. Do they get paid decently, or are they the sort of mad bastards who just do it for the fun/glory/etc of it?

I think they get to keep unique drop sets.

That's pretty hard core. Do they get paid decently, or are they the sort of mad bastards who just do it for the fun/glory/etc of it?

They get paid decently (>$40000/pa just in allowances when in-country), but I'm not convinced that they get paid enough. Family life? Forget it.

similar thing happened to us in 'nam. Except we tied ourselves to the front of a donkey while being carpet bombed, napalmed and sprayed with agent orange. Against 1,000 Viet cong and all we had were sticks and chewing gum. We wiped the bastards out, and lost limbs in the process. But we go better.

And now you have your arse looked at for freckles while you have your undies up your arse.

How the mighty have fallen.

They get paid decently (>$40000/pa just in allowances when in-country), but I'm not convinced that they get paid enough. Family life? Forget it.

They get paid a pretty decent wage

But not enough to stop a lot of them leaving to got and do PMC work

A mate from the SASR took long service leave for 6 months on half pay, he was still getting a salary of around 50K P/A salary

They get paid a pretty decent wage

But not enough to stop a lot of them leaving to got and do PMC work

They've a better chance of staying alive while with the Regiment, I reckon. Plus, how many PMCs are paying 18-28% super? Free medical? Subsidised housing?