Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

I like rape.

You have to wonder about some of these countries.

Given the low incidence of reportage, it's like a national sport over there!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11...?section=justin

More than a third of South African men in a new survey admitted to committing rape at some point in their lives, the study's authors say.

The survey, by the government-funded Medical Research Council and non-profit organisation Gender Links, found that 37.4 percent of men in the north-central province of Gauteng admitted to committing rape at some point in their lives, while 25.3 percent of women said they had been victims of rape.

It follows up on a national survey carried out last year that found that more than one in four South African men admitted to having raped a woman or girl.

"The previous level was so high that we didn't expect it to be even higher," Rachel Jewkes, a researcher at the Medical Research Council, said.

Researchers surveyed 487 men and 511 women in Gauteng, the country's second-most populous province, which is home to Pretoria, the capital, and Johannesburg, the largest city.

The study group was 90 percent black and 10 percent white, reflecting the province's demographics, authors said.

Over half the women surveyed said they had experienced some form of violence - emotional, economic, physical or sexual - in their lifetimes, and 78.3 percent of men admitted to perpetrating some form of violence against women.

South Africa has one of the world's highest rates of reported rape, with 36,190 cases - 99 per day - reported to police in 2007, but experts say that only a small number of attacks are actually reported.

The MRC study found that only one in 25 rapes had been reported to the police.

Before someone gets all uppity about the title...................about the 2.53 mark....

found that 37.4 percent of men in the north-central province of Gauteng admitted to committing rape at some point in their lives, while 25.3 percent of women said they had been victims of rape.

Does that mean that a percentage of women have been raped more than once?

Or is there a higher population of women than men in africa?

Or am I just having a maths fail from not getting enough sleep?

Oh don't worry, there's plenty that goes unreported here as well (mostly for marketing purposes), schoolies comes to mind (though I hear it's getting better), and we know some people who work on UNI campuses and a lot goes on the student villages as well (apparently).

found that 37.4 percent of men in the north-central province of Gauteng admitted to committing rape at some point in their lives, while 25.3 percent of women said they had been victims of rape.

I'm sure quite a lot of the women have been raped more than once. In some cases, some will live in an area, or be known to men, or work in an occupation that makes it more likely. In others, the women will be victims of gang rape.

I have no idea how a country would even start to address such an entrenched culture.

I wonder if going to a bar and picking up drunk girls is counted as rape in those stats.

Rape and sexual assault are chronically underreported.

I have no idea how a country would even start to address such an entrenched culture.

The urge to 'wipe the slate clean' and start again is strong... meaning nuke all the adults from the ages of say twelve up ;(

The urge to 'wipe the slate clean' and start again is strong... meaning nuke all the adults from the ages of say twelve up ;(

Oh!

But we must preserve their culture!

fuck their culture.

they needs christianity, democracy, the dollar, and they need to bleach themselves white.

Or, yes we could blow them off the side of the planet, cuz otherwise the shit going on over there is just going to keep going on over there.

Yes, people my hate that I've said that, but lts face it, we've all had thoughts of mass genocide lately, what really needs to happen is that everyone darker than an asian needs to be abolished.

We'll include north koreans too...

Peeps are gunna hate on that one... for the record, I'm just fucken making shit up.

This si honestly what I think goes through some peoples minds before they post shit on sites like this.

Rape never happens in Australia among nice white folks, so thankfully we can keep and respect that culture.

It's a top place over there, for sure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...i-1225975715026

A SOUTH African serial killer has been convicted of murdering 13 women and dumping their bodies in sugarcane plantations around the country, prosecutors said yesterday.

The 36-year-old man lured women into sugarcane fields in South Africa's eastern KwaZulu-Natal province under the pretences of offering employment.

Doctors could not determine how he killed the women, aged 22 to 35, because their bodies had decomposed in the fields when they were found in 2007, said Natasha Ramkisson, regional spokeswoman for the National Prosecuting Authority.

"We don't know what his sentence is yet, but we're glad that justice seems to be taking its course," Ramkisson said.

The magistrate found Thozamile Taki guilty on all 26 charges, including murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances, said Mthunzi Mhaga, spokesman for South Africa's national prosecuting office.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Taki, with seven other prisoners, tried to escape from prison in March, but fell through a ceiling and was hospitalised.

Taki's then-girlfriend and co-accused Hlengiwe Nene, who has also been held in custody since 2007, was found not guilty. She was accused of taking the victims' clothing and possessions after their murders.

South Africa has one of the highest crime rates of any country. There were 18,148 murders in South Africa between April 2008 and March 2009 - about 50 per day - according to South African police.

...we've all had thoughts of mass genocide lately...

Is there any sort of genocide that doesn't act en masse?

Peeps are gunna hate on that one... for the record, I'm just fucken making shit up.

This si honestly what I think goes through some peoples minds before they post shit on sites like this.

Yes, well, no need to go adding to the shitpile. Unless it's actually funny, which that wasn't.

Seems popular in Israel too............

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12...?section=justin

Former Israeli president Moshe Katsav faces at least eight years in prison after he was convicted of two counts of rape for assaulting a former employee.

Katsav was Israel's president for seven years from 2000, but he was forced to resign after one woman claimed he had raped her once in his office and a second time in a Jerusalem hotel.

Other women also complained of sexual harassment and other indecent sexual acts against them.

The former president denied the charges throughout the case and even rejected a plea bargain that would have seen the rape charges dropped, saying instead he wanted to clear his name in court.

But the chief judge said he believed the account of the rape victim and that Katsav's testimony was riddled with lies.

That wouldn't stop it… often young children who have been abused themselves, will grow up to become sexual offenders in their adult lives, or sexually assault other children.

I've been at the receiving end once on the latter case, sexually assaulted by a year 7 student when I was in year 2. I suspect the girl who did the deed had been abused herself. (And fingers crossed, she's gotten some help!)

As for Africa's sexual problems though, this is also the same part of the world, where some AIDS sufferers persist in the delusion that you can cure aids by having intercourse with a child. It's a vicious cycle.