unr3strict3d

Fractal Design Define XL case!

Fractal Design have launched yet another define case, this time with a split zone attempt on the case. PC Case Gear have got the pre-order going sitting at a hefty $219. PCCG say the first shipment will be in on the 15th of this month, Christmas present perhaps?

It come in either Black Pearl Or Titanium Grey.

Posted Image

Not sure on that 180mm fan at the top, bit of a eye sore. Whats your opinions on the Case?

Once again they haven't learned from their mistakes and have put white plastic parts in it. Even with the best of filters the fan blades, dust covers, and drive holders will look disgusting after a few months use. I'll boycott this company until they smarten up. :-)

Once again they haven't learned from their mistakes and have put white plastic parts in it. Even with the best of filters the fan blades, dust covers, and drive holders will look disgusting after a few months use. I'll boycott this company until they smarten up. :-)

the hdd brackets and pci covers are powder coated metal, all you have to do is wipe the dust off but alas the fans are plastic.

Yeah, fans will yellow. The rest won't. Doesn't really bother me though, I don't look inside my PC for more than a couple of minutes at a time - I care about the practicality of the internal design, sound dampening and the outside appearance.

From what I can tell without getting my hands on it, this is my kind of case.

Edited by tantryl

Water cooled Fractal's aye? Maybe it will be the first in complete silent water cooled case? As it still carries the noise reducing material.

It seems like a bad choice to not have the lower front fan as standard considering one of the biggest selling points of the XL over the R3 is the extra internal drive bays. If people wanted to have their colour scheme standardised it'd be a bit annoying.

If people wanted to have their colour scheme standardised it'd be a bit annoying.

Arctic Cooling are a decent substitute that match the scheme. Nexus Real Silents, too. Maybe even Thermaltake in a pinch.

But yeah, considering how little it'd cost them to add fans in as a stock configuration, it's pretty silly.

I ended up putting . Nexus Real Silents in my case.

Really nice.