Sign in to follow this  
sillysam

Steam Treasure Hunt!

Hats are fashionable - on the catwalks, at the races, protecting you from our harsh sun, oh and they are hats!

I like TF2 cos it isn't an ultra-realistic War Themed shooter.

Gimme a War Themed Hat Simulator any day.

TF2 is a completely different FPS where it encourages a semblance of team work with clear and fun objectives instead of just going for the one shot hero kill to pad your own stats.

TF2 is a completely different FPS where it encourages a semblance of team work with clear and fun objectives instead of just going for the one shot hero kill to pad your own stats.

Yeah, figured that one out playing for a few hours...

But I'm referring to the fact that the weapons and playing styles are so different, you need to adjust your playing style with every class and mode

The classes I could use are demo and soldier

It's just hard when you're used to drop someone after a accurate burst, and now you need to go through clips just to kill one person

Yeah, figured that one out playing for a few hours...

But I'm referring to the fact that the weapons and playing styles are so different, you need to adjust your playing style with every class and mode

The classes I could use are demo and soldier

It's just hard when you're used to drop someone after a accurate burst, and now you need to go through clips just to kill one person

That's the great thing about TF2 though, for like minded people it is simply the best team game there is

It requires a combination of different classes to be successful and it takes a team of people communicating with each other properly to do well.

The competition play is heroin addictive, sure if you have the skills you can carry a little but no one person can greatly change the flow of the game.

Also because each class is so different it makes the depth of the game for each individual player so much more, if you feel yourself tiring of a class you can find another you like the look of and thrash that, with the added benefits of knowing the game mechanics already.

Put simply its the best $2.50 I ever spent, hence the stupid amount of time I put into the community.

As for the hats, you are all jealous your games of choice aren't exceptional team based hat simulators.

Unfortunate Competition, I have 1 point for making an Avatar. Maybe this will end the dreaded "?" Avatar Influx after a sale of TF2?

It's great that a $1.30 game acheivement gets you 1 point in the comp, yet I'm not buying it. It's not so great some idiots will buy a $34 RTS to get 1 point so they can go for a super rare hat in TF2. I predict a lot of rich americans will buy every game and fail at the achievements, in the hope of a highly tradeable hat.

I hope the hats you get (ie. cost you all those game $$$) are NON TRADEABLE so I can laugh at them.

They better have a "free point for playing steam" every 2 days.

Its not for the trading nayway, its for the actual collecting, people can moan about pixels all they want but to me its no different from Pokemon cards etc except they are digital

Chimes is a lot of fun - well worth the $1.30 - smashed that Cowbell cheevo - 2,000,000+ points

+1 is an awesome game for 1.30... mildly addictive

Picked up Chimes, not bad for the price pretty fun and it will work on my crappy work laptop as well.

Hopefully I can get some time to play it today to get the achievement required for the hunt.

Must get HATS.....

Yes I am a hat collecting tortured soul. Must have them all.

I can feel I am going to be broke again after this Steam sale. I still think I have games I got from last years sale that I haven't played.

They can jam that RUSE achievement not buying that game for $33.49US make it like $10 and I will think about it... I heard its pretty crap anyway.

Its not for the trading nayway, its for the actual collecting, people can moan about pixels all they want but to me its no different from Pokemon cards etc except they are digital

Well, it is different. You own the cards, you don't own the hats - Valve does.

And here I was looking for someone to say they understand my addiction

: (

And here I was looking for someone to say they understand my addiction

: (

I understand mate I want free Hats aswell...

I don't get it. Why do people care about virtual hats? In fact, why do people care about hats at all?

Because they're not pants...

Hi, my name is neX, otherwise known ans rezyn8, and I am a Hat Addict. I first became addicted to Hats when I was 1 month old and put a baby's bonnet on me. Since then I have craved the textured feel and warmth given by hats and will seek them out whichever way I can - real and virtual. I particularly like virtual hats because they never get old or worn out. My name is neX, and I am Hat Addict.

I have an impressive collection of painted Brigade Helms, that's my claim to fame.

Hi, my name is neX, otherwise known ans rezyn8, and I am a Hat Addict. I first became addicted to Hats when I was 1 month old and put a baby's bonnet on me. Since then I have craved the textured feel and warmth given by hats and will seek them out whichever way I can - real and virtual. I particularly like virtual hats because they never get old or worn out. My name is neX, and I am Hat Addict.

lol Nice work mate... +1 here...

100% hat addict.

The stupid thing is I am still undecided if I should buy RUSE to hunt down the 28 achievement hat. If I do risk going down that path then I have to every fkn shit game they put on sale which is in direct contrast to my "It has go to stop" post from a while back.

I am with you mate I am trying to limit my steam purchases these days instead of buying every piece of crap they put on sale and I never play..

Don’t get me wrong I love hats but probably not enough to buy Ruse.

I already have a pile of shame that is well shameful don't need anymore filler which I think Ruse would be.

I wouldn't bother. The hat is just a testament to how gullible you are.

True... It is a sickness you know... :P

Do these hats have special properties? Do they give your dude special skills?

(I don't play TF2 and I actually do want to know)

certain hats have bonuses when worn with certain weapon sets. whether these hats actually make you a better player is debate-able.

That's the great thing about TF2 though, for like minded people it is simply the best team game there is

It requires a combination of different classes to be successful and it takes a team of people communicating with each other properly to do well.

The competition play is heroin addictive, sure if you have the skills you can carry a little but no one person can greatly change the flow of the game.

Also because each class is so different it makes the depth of the game for each individual player so much more, if you feel yourself tiring of a class you can find another you like the look of and thrash that, with the added benefits of knowing the game mechanics already.

Put simply its the best $2.50 I ever spent, hence the stupid amount of time I put into the community.

As for the hats, you are all jealous your games of choice aren't exceptional team based hat simulators.

I agree that tf2 is team oriented, but like most online shooters, if you just join a random server, teamwork is hardly evident

It's actually quite hard to get any teamwork besides the default class roles you need to perfrom in-game, unless you are playing with friends or clan members

And for a player who's new to tf2, the learning curve might be steeper than the usual fps (ie COD), so that might be a turn-off for gamers, especially if they don't have friends/clan or veteran teaching them how to play