TheMojorising

Little Big Planet

May have to shut early tonight, citing 'personal reasons' ;)

Careful, or you'll become sacked boy.

8P

Hahahaha, nice one!

Though, 'Sacked boy' has a nicer ring to it than 'FIFA boy' :p

I kid I kid, I'll have to grab your PSN and whoop yo arse at FIFA sometime Milano.

Hey hey! I do a good enough job of whooping my pwn arse in FIFA, with my dismal manning-up in defence.

8[

& now with LBP, it'll take me even longer to get my football skills up.....unless I create the first LBP football-inspired level & train in that.

8]

Every ad break on tv right now seems to have an ad for this..

Haven't seen them. But a smart Sony move would be to create an ad entirely from within the game...or is that what they did?

I grabbed it from EB and got given a card thing with a promotional code for a KRATOS costume for Sackboy. :D

My friend who works at GAME got one for a Nariko costume, from Heavenly Shit.

KRATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS!!!

thanks for the game muz.

hope the pod wasn't too freaky for ya :)

Keen to get some more online happening soon.

I did a booboo today - was playing online in the 2nd level where you're meant to pin the tail on the donkey......I accidentally pinned it right between my eyes, so for the rest of the level I had this huge donkey tail swinging around from the forehead.

Can't stand typing in game though (PS3 in general). I really need a keyboard..

some of these user created lvls are just down right amazing. not sure how to list some of my favs . anyone know if there is a search feature in game?

I played a pretty cool Mirror's Edge styled level today. Was interesting.

I'm yet to play with the editor myself, though.

yep got the heart thing down pat... sorry what i meant was more like a way if you found a really good "level" you liked or designed yourself, if there is a way to post about it here on at0mic and share...

Ahh ok. I think you can upload your levels to Sonys LBP website. So your level should have a link there that you should be able to post here. I'm wondering a similar thing for posting pics of your Sackboy. It'd be cool to have a thread where people could post pics of their own Sackboy.

I played a pretty cool Mirror's Edge styled level today. Was interesting.

Here's a vid of the Mirrors Edge level..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/279294.html

Very cool. This game's gonna bring out some amazing ideas from people. The beauty of it is, if you stop playing it for 3 months, you'll come back & find another full games worth of maps out there to play through. & even if the game does fizzle after a year or 2, you'll have spent money on one game, but played the hours worth of many more, thanks to the creative freedom that's encouraged.

Edited by Milano

I've tried a few user levels that were -OK-, and some that were funny as hell. The mirror's edge one is ok, but I don't think levels like that are going to be anywhere near the best stuff on offer. The story mode levels are SO GOOD, and there's so much more that could be made.

I played a user level last night with rocket powered donuts. Yes...rocket donuts. When I'd finished crashing it around all over the place by hanging on to the outside of it like an out of control firecracker, and trashing the level, and laughing myself stupid, I found you can actually jump into the middle and freely steer through the sky effectively like a rocket. Awesome.

There's so much unexplored gameplay still to come. When people combine these awesome ideas with the absolutely brilliant and ingenious quality of the shipped story-mode levels, it'll really become apparent that there's endless value here. The user made levels are rough around the edges right now, but the community is also still in infancy.

I have so many ideas of my own...just need the time :)

Expect to see some tanks and mechs. Fuck yeah. :D

Edited by xfu

someone out there has done a remake of a classic side scrolling shoot em up... fucking well done i thought. also i've seen some stuff that i thought was just really creative.. i'll see if i can find it and put some details on here for everyone else.

it is called libidius.jp by RRR30000

i can't remember the name of the game it's supposed to be though arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by acidrunner

someone out there has done a remake of a classic side scrolling shoot em up... fucking well done i thought. also i've seen some stuff that i thought was just really creative.. i'll see if i can find it and put some details on here for everyone else.

it is called libidius.jp by RRR30000

i can't remember the name of the game it's supposed to be though arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Gradius.

And yeah...it's a fucking epic effort. It's amazing what people can do. I would put this in the same boat as the LittleBigPlanet calculator, and the tetris machine. They are amazing ideas, and when we see this level of ingenuity combined with the gameplay and narrative qualities of the story mode it's gonna be off the hook.

*hugs XFU* ahhh thank you.. that was driving me crazy. perhaps we need a new thread about all the cool shit that is being made in LBP,

*hugs XFU* ahhh thank you.. that was driving me crazy. perhaps we need a new thread about all the cool shit that is being made in LBP,

Yep..I'm coming dangerously close to making one.

I was going to give it another night of exploring all the stuff out there, and then keep an updated thread with pointers to all the best bits and pieces, and also atomican-made levels.

Yeah, after not being so interested in creating levels myself, i've suddenly got a few ideas popping into the old noggin.

I just need a clue as to how the hell I put these ideas to...screen.

/thinks of hiring out xfu's services..

Well...I'm hoping they bring out that patch sooner rather than later which will allow us to build levels in online co op.

That'll be the shit.

It was originally listed as a launch feature but it then became a 'we'll add this later on' thing.

Well...I'm hoping they bring out that patch sooner rather than later which will allow us to build levels in online co op.

That'll be the shit.

It was originally listed as a launch feature but it then became a 'we'll add this later on' thing.

Build levels in co-op??? God, imagine how long it'll take to type suggestions with the controller. Keyboard definitely needed there.

Oh & i've just realised - the Sackboy I used after downloading the Halloween themed mask looked exactly like the champ in my avatar, except the cape was red instead of black. When I work out how to transfer images to my PC, i'll change the avatar. So weird I didn't notice this earlier!

Edited by Milano

Get the logitech media board. 10000% recommended. It's blutooth/wireless, has a trackpad for mouse, couldn't be easier. It's built specifically for PS3. Once it's paired, just switch it on, type a message, switch off again (or leave it on). Simple. Phonepad style text = fail.

Also, co op building would be best done with headsets. Too hard to communicate otherwise. Apparently Sackboy lip syncs to your voice signal, but I haven't tried a headset yet.

Edited by xfu

Sounds good. Can you charge that k/b with the USB ports off the PS3, xfu? If not, what batteries do you recommend?