TheMojorising

Little Big Planet

Don't think so, but not sure. Actually, I don't even know if it has a USB cable. I'll have a look later.

From memory it just takes AAs. Any kind should work.

I got mine a few months ago though, and I only turn my keyboard on if I'm using the browser, typing a message, or anything else with long input. Still going on the first set of batteries. One day I'll probably leave it on accidentally and kill them, but otherwise occasional use doesn't seem to drain them very fast.

When I bought I assumed that every time I turned the thing on I'd have to go through some process of registering it, etc...but no. It's a great bit of kit. When the text input screen pops up somewhere you can turn the keyboard on, fire away a second or two later, switch it off again. I actually started messaging people on my friends list for the first time after I got it. Controller text input is completely shite. Like SMSing but 5 times slower.

Don't think so, but not sure. Actually, I don't even know if it has a USB cable. I'll have a look later.

From memory it just takes AAs. Any kind should work.

I got mine a few months ago though, and I only turn my keyboard on if I'm using the browser, typing a message, or anything else with long input. Still going on the first set of batteries. One day I'll probably leave it on accidentally and kill them, but otherwise occasional use doesn't seem to drain them very fast.

When I bought I assumed that every time I turned the thing on I'd have to go through some process of registering it, etc...but no. It's a great bit of kit. When the text input screen pops up somewhere you can turn the keyboard on, fire away a second or two later, switch it off again. I actually started messaging people on my friends list for the first time after I got it. Controller text input is completely shite. Like SMSing but 5 times slower.

Just looked it up - 2 x AAs. No mention of USB, but that's cool. Looks like something i'd make good use of eventually.

How about Bluetooth headsets, xfu? Any you can recommend? Again the USB charge capability would be handy, but how's yours?

Sorry, don't know a damn thing about headsets.

The official Sony one they bundled with SOCOM is meant to be good, but I've never tried one.

but I haven't tried a headset yet.

Sorry man. Missed this.

I'll have a look around, since, like you mentioned, a headset might be the way to go for certain games too, like LBP.

The thing that put me off going out of my way to get a headset is that often in an online game people just talk crap non stop. I'm not even talking about smack talk, which they do as well - it's more that people actually just waffle on about nothing. I had a game of Resistance once where two people were just having a random conversation...and it's loud, and it gets broadcast to the whole server.

Same thing in Warhawk sometimes, but the Warhawk headset is poor quality and hard to understand, so it's even worse.

I might change my mind when I get into the online co op in Resistance 2, and for LBP and local friends I think it'd be great too, but yeah...be warned that online gaming is often noisy and annoying :)

but I haven't tried a headset yet.

Sorry man. Missed this.

I'll have a look around, since, like you mentioned, a headset might be the way to go for certain games too, like LBP.

At fist they used to ship the media board pro with a headset in the states so probaly that one would pair easily and maybe can be got as a stand alone.

PS: I have the media board pro and the batts last for ages.

The Vantage headset uses rechargeable batteries

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Detai...px?NewsId=21388

Hmm yeah i've had that - pointless convo going on for the whole game. It eventually put me off enough to quit the game.

I have noticed an option to mute people in the XMB, but I think it's only for your "friends", not sure. Each game should have that mute option though, but it'd be a pain if it happens all the time.

I just played some lbp with my headset I got in the warhawk bundle. Playing with 2 american people, was lag free and the voice chat was clear and quick. I havent run into anyone thats the way you would expect in other games. I think the fun element and the teamwork sort of weeds out the douchebags as everyone needs to be nice and play nice to get anywhere in the game anyway. Event teamkilling everyone with a misplaced bomb gets laughs instead of the usual dribble of expletives. Very well executed online system.

Plus how can you get mad when you are watching sackboys run around?

+1 to the Logitech Mediaboard Pro (As I posted in the "I am in" thread).

I'm on my second set of batteries but I've had the keyboard for quite sometime now. :D

Yes.

If the JB store near you doesn't have one and can't get one from a store near by, tell them to call Morris in the Cairns Central store.

I'll send one if they can't get one.

I'm loving this game, actually got my gf sucked into it too!

But i'm up to a really frustrating level, the first on the 3rd world (the wedding one), can't get past the section you need to bounce across the pink platforms above spikes and electricity :(

But i'm up to a really frustrating level, the first on the 3rd world (the wedding one), can't get past the section you need to bounce across the pink platforms above spikes and electricity :(

Some of the levels get insane...A bit further along they go completely nuts. Really fun, and the design is great, but it definitely challenges you.

Some of the levels get insane...A bit further along they go completely nuts. Really fun, and the design is great, but it definitely challenges you.

Oh, I've done that level like 30 fucking times so far and can't get past that bit!

try playing it online. that level as well.

is it the jumping on the pink platforms thats getting to you? when the platform starts to rise ...jump. hope that helped.

is it the jumping on the pink platforms thats getting to you? when the platform starts to rise ...jump. hope that helped.

I'll probably jump on LBP some time tonight...be happy to join your game and help get you past that bit :)

Yeah I thought it was something like they, i lack a bit of coordination though :P

I can't get online cuz I don't have internet at the moment

I have completed my first level lol... it's a bit rough but it works i guess..

search for

acidrunner78

level name : maze like.

search for

acidrunner78

level name : maze like.

Going to check it out tonight. Well let you know what I think.

Also, accept my PSN req. :P

Had a whirl last night at a mates place. Alot of fun, especially with friends. Couldn't stop laughing playing a Gladiators replica (including the dreaded travelator). Had a few issues with online play, but tbh I think that was mainly my mates network setup (no port forwarding etc). Single player wasn't as enjoyable (for me), but im a huge fan of things like Gary's mod, so there is still pleanty for me to enjoy when solo.

As long as the user submission is handled correctly in the long term, this game would never be collecting dust for long. A must have for a PS3.

Edited by muffie

It's pretty cool. It was short though :)

I'm about to do a build session today. Been messing around with various things - nothing as a cohesive level yet. Will see what I come up with.

The number of tools you can use to build mechanical interactions is daunting. Awesome, but daunting.

I just had my first real online session with this game today.........fuggin hilarious! They've made it sooo much fun, especially for the cheeky ones, but it's all hard not to laugh at anything that happens online. Also found some very cool levels - there's one set out like the Gladiators final obstacle course amongst others....too much fun...

yeah it is pretty short. but i am working on something a bit longer atm. i am amazed at what you can put together, it's amazing. personally i am finding it a bit easier to build a level once you sketch it out on paper first.

Yeah I'm finding that as well. I have four or five craters which are full of random junk (machinery prototypes and working ideas for parts of levels), but to come up with sometihng that feels like a finished level takes planning and forethought.

Been trying to come up with some good themes too, which kinda helps in creating the visual elements and building style.

Edited by xfu

Bought this last night (Little birthday present to myself)

Loving it. Oozes brilliance and hilarity. Only done the first world, but then i jumped online and found levels by other people. Some of the music ones had me grinning (Sweet Child of Mine and The Entertainer for example).

There's quite a number of levels dedicated to just achieving trophies too. Tried some. Some are fun (eg standing there and having a million bubbles suddenly dumped on you made me literally rofl).

The controls are simple and easy to use. X to jump/action, R1 to grab things. Square to bring up the little menu for cusomising everything.

Simplicity at it's finest.

This is a polished game. Much fun.