TheMojorising

Little Big Planet

Not sure if this is considered bumping an old thread or not... but I didn't think it was worth a new thread...

We're looking at picking up this game for my kid.. He's got some xmas money to spend and he really wants to buy this game..

We rented it from the video store to see if we all liked it and it was all good fun except for one thing..

We'd be playing with 2 or 3 of us, but if 1 or 2 of us want to drop out... well... what do we do?

It seems like there's no option to "Drop Out" like you can with the Lego games.. We found we had to turn the whole console off (thus shutting down the 3 controllers) and then re-start with 1 controller, just to go back to a single-player game..

Anyone know of an easier, more convenient option...?

Oh and I tried re-assigning the controllers (from 2 & 3 to 7 & 8) thinking that would stuff them up (being >4) but all that did was re-set the two extra players to naked, normal sackboys...

When you say "Drop out", do you mean exiting the actual round you're currently playing in, or deleting the persons LBP account all together?

If it's just exiting the round, then i've done that. I think I just kept moving forward until the other sackboy (who i'd just used in some early "2 player" sections) was off the screen for about 5 seconds. I think by doing this 3 or 4 times, it ends their game.

If one of you wants start a round on your own, then just start the game with all bar the one controller on.

Great game sooo much fun to be had!!

Can't you just open your popit menu and kill yourself off?? I'm sure thats how you leave the session.

If it's just exiting the round, then i've done that. I think I just kept moving forward until the other sackboy (who i'd just used in some early "2 player" sections) was off the screen for about 5 seconds. I think by doing this 3 or 4 times, it ends their game.

ahh ok.. we'll try that out..

thanks!

No no no no...

((I don't know about the popit kill yourself thing. I've never noticed that but I can't confirm it isn't there))

All you have to do though is turn your controller off. Any time time a player wants to exit, switch off the controller, and a few seconds that sackboy goes pop.

By the same token you can re-enter a level which doesn't have a close-gate by switching the controller back on again.

All you have to do though is turn your controller off. Any time time a player wants to exit, switch off the controller, and a few seconds that sackboy goes pop.

Or maybe that's how I did it.......

Couldn't remember if I could turn the controller off while in-game.

Cool... I just talked to a mate here at work who suggested turning off the extra controllers...

He reckons you just tap the PS button and you get the option... I had no idea you could do that...??

Cool... I just talked to a mate here at work who suggested turning off the extra controllers...

He reckons you just tap the PS button and you get the option... I had no idea you could do that...??

If you hold the PS button in, you get four options:

quit game

[something]

reassign controller

turn off controller

something like that..can't remember exactly.

I use it all the time to switch off a controller when I play a video or DVD to save battery.

quit game

[something]

reassign controller

turn off controller

I use it all the time to switch off a controller when I play a video or DVD to save battery.

That is cool as. Since owning a PS3 with 3 controllers I have never known that.

Ahh yeah that's right. I thought holding the PS button down just gave you the option to only quit the game, but that's only if you press it.

Might try that "something" option one of these days, xfu, when i'm feeling a little crazy.....who knows what'll happen!

;]

What's the main attraction with this...?

Is just the customisable levels, and promise of 'free levels for ever'?

From a gameplay point of view, it looks to me like a mid-80s era platformer...?

What am I (no doubt) missing.

What's the main attraction with this...?

Is just the customisable levels, and promise of 'free levels for ever'?

From a gameplay point of view, it looks to me like a mid-80s era platformer...?

What am I (no doubt) missing.

If all platformers are the same to you, then LBP (a platformer) is never going to appeal.

The attraction for me is the gameplay. I'll still give the original Mario games a run once in a while (actually I still play platformers all the time on DS). I like platformers. For me, LBP is awesome.

It doesn't look like an 80s era platformer though. Name me any other platformer that lets you grab, drag, collide, and interact with the environment to even a remotely similar degree. That, the level building tools, and the fantastic graphics and charm are what made it a critically acclaimed piece.

LBP is about as close to old-school platformers as COD4 is to Quake. It's an evolution of the genre into new areas, new levels of polish, etc.

And it's just damn fun.

Edited by xfu

Thanks for aiding my understanding.

My favourite platformer was LodeRunner. Such a simple and basic idea, but they had such incredible logic puzzles, that developed progressively as the game went on.

It's probably the only platformer that I've ever played through to the end. IIRC it had more than 100 levels in the old cartridge version I first played.

LBP sounds like it would one for my kids, who are just getting into Mario.

quit game

[something]

reassign controller

turn off controller

FYI, the other "something" option is to turn off the system.

Rather considering getting LBP just after christmas, but I really have to finish one of my other games first! Been getting the bad habit of buying new games before finishing old ones, lately... so promised myself I'd finish at least 1 of the ones i have before getting a new one, lol.

-A-

Check out the last patch update details released a few days ago;

General fixes, polishing and improvements, including:

* Fixed “Wheel of death” bug where Sackboy could get stuck endlessly respawning out of a checkpoint

* Better support for third party controllers

* Fixed stretch Sackboy arms

* General server improvements and optimization

* Improved the corner (vertex) editing tool

* Improvements to how Popit deals with complex shapes

* Improved Sackboy animation and made it harder to slap accidentally while acting

* Fixed lights so they don’t forget their colour

* If anything I can say this cab is rare

* Improved Online multiplayer level selection

* And I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo homes smell ya later’

* I looked at my kingdom

* I was finally there

* To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

LBP is really cool :)

I find it lots of fun, and i like the level of interaction with the environment as others have said. Ive only just got it, but still in the "tutorial levels" and its quite fun. How mad are the wooden horses you can pull and ride! I thought that was fantastic!

I need to get into the game a little more to comment further, but so far, so good. Impressed!

BTW, using the PS button was the only way i knew how to turn off the console...lol. How else do you turn it off?

BTW, using the PS button was the only way i knew how to turn off the console...lol. How else do you turn it off?

In the XMB (the PS3 main menu screen), go to Users (left-most icon), & then select Turn Off System.

Or if you can be stuffed getting off the couch (pfft to that), pressing the power button on the actual console for a few seconds turns it off, just don't do it while the PS3's in the middle of loading something or it gets cranky.

I'm glad the latest release fixes the arms! I've had more than 1 instance where I've gone to grab the ground and somehow grabbed the roof instead :Pq

Ooooh I didn't know there's an update.

I did notice the MGS level parts or something like that on the PSN store. And more costumes.

I already bought the Street Fighter ones. :D

Knowing we can turn off the games and/or the PS3 with the PS button now is heaps handy. Thanks guys.

If you touch the PS button briefly you will get an on screen gauge of how much battery you have left , It appears in the top right corner of the screen {:)

I actually sang along to that version and laughed.

Then I began hunting down Sackboy Plush toys.

Found any?

Found any?

Yes (halfway down the page - under L for Little Big Planet)

http://www.tamarket.com.au/acatalog/Mini_Plush.html

Apparently there's larger ones too.

http://www.shopncsx.com/littlebigplanet-la...ckboyplush.aspx

EDIT: I thought Kunzie said he got one for Christmas

Edited by morris