TheMojorising

Little Big Planet

I am having a complete ball with this game. Its so much fun and the funniest part is the small animations they gave the characters. I would lmao if you made them really happy with their tongue poking out with a big smile, or a very upset sackboy or girl with a 2 year old tantrum cry. I am having a blast and its very funny how you try to solve puzzles and at the last minute where you all need to stand on a skate board, you smack the other player off the skate board and he gets left behind.

My diagnosis of the game imo is a straight 10. No this is not a review but if I where to say or give it a score it would hit 10 without question. :D

Funfunfunfun! :D

Edited by index680i

*drools*

I think I'll have to fire up Little Big Planet again and search for it. I'm stuck on that game so I've put it away for a bit, but this deserves a look. I giggled when I read that they even managed to put in the konami code

Sweet, will be worth a look.

*drools*

I think I'll have to fire up Little Big Planet again and search for it. I'm stuck on that game so I've put it away for a bit, but this deserves a look. I giggled when I read that they even managed to put in the konami code

Stuck where, morris?

-A-

I'm on the level where you're training with guru sensei whatever. The level that starts you off in the plane and you're going right to left.

There's a bunch of vertically standing boards and you have to do a series of small hops to cross them, or they tip to one side and make a huge gap that you fall into and die. They annoy me.

I'm on the level where you're training with guru sensei whatever. The level that starts you off in the plane and you're going right to left.

There's a bunch of vertically standing boards and you have to do a series of small hops to cross them, or they tip to one side and make a huge gap that you fall into and die. They annoy me.

You wait till they're steady, and just run across.

Serious? Fuck.

I'm going to play that level right now.

Spot on!

-A-

[Edit: those Japan levels are pretty nasty in places later on though...]

Edited by Ashlar

I still managed to fall down them once when it was steady... Hmmmm...

Anyway getting a little further than last time. Thanks. Platform games frustrated me in the past. And this reminds me why

You need to pretty much just go for it. Run across full pelt, no jumping involved at all. Might need a short run up to make sure you're at max speed. If you hesitate or slow down at all, you'll fall through. Edited by SquallStrife

Wait till you get to the wheel of infinite frustration in the third last level. You're going to lose your hair, controller, TV, or something in your vicinity when you get to that.

I'm looking forward to it :)

As frustrating as the game gets, I'm still enjoying it. I even tried online play accidently. Despite the lag, it was good to try some of the multiplayer areas.

I'm looking forward to it :)

As frustrating as the game gets, I'm still enjoying it. I even tried online play accidently. Despite the lag, it was good to try some of the multiplayer areas.

Wait till you get to the wheel of infinite frustration in the third last level. You're going to lose your hair, controller, TV, or something in your vicinity when you get to that.

Seriously... but there's a trick to that one to make it easier -- though it still took me several tries.

Pretty sure i posted about it a couple months back.

-A-

Is that the one where you jump on top of it so you end up traversing the thing upside down? I actually found that harder because you had to precision jump onto this platform's tiny edge... which I absolutely lack the skill to do.

In the end I got it after about 9 attempts doing it the chump's way.

Seriously... but there's a trick to that one to make it easier -- though it still took me several tries.

Pretty sure i posted about it a couple months back.

-A-

Hmm that may have been me asking for tips. It is a killer level, took 10+ go's to complete it. You just have to persist, it's all in the timing of the jumps right at the end of the wheel of death.

Yeah but after going through the saaame damn level about ten times, persisting gets a bit hard. I reckon all games should have cheats- the only problem is convincing yourself not to use them.

I just clocked this game. Hadn't played it in weeks until yesterday & got into it again, before it ended.

8[

I remember there were a few MGS4 levels with a paint gun that came out a while ago. How many extra levels do you get with that?

Is that the one where you jump on top of it so you end up traversing the thing upside down? I actually found that harder because you had to precision jump onto this platform's tiny edge... which I absolutely lack the skill to do.

Yeah, that's the one... I found it easier, for some reason. Still took several goes, but it was do-able for me.

Never managed to do it the normal way.

-A-

I just clocked this game. Hadn't played it in weeks until yesterday & got into it again, before it ended.

8[

I remember there were a few MGS4 levels with a paint gun that came out a while ago. How many extra levels do you get with that?

Haven't tried that yet, though I have the Snake costume and am usually running around in that (guess just coz i'm used to it now, so i don't get my toon mixed up with other players.. heh).

Will have to check it out, if its worth it for the number of levels. Post back if you find out. =)

Cheers.

-A-

8[

Not that many, but they're really enjoyable and excellently made. Part of the value of that pack is for the extra tools for building and for the fact that it opens you up to all the painball gun user-made levels, and I've played some awesome ones.

Edited by xfu

Yeah, that's the one... I found it easier, for some reason. Still took several goes, but it was do-able for me.

Never managed to do it the normal way.

-A-

I got through that by making sure I dropped through to the outer-most ring at the bottom, so that I could just jump on the platforms & over the electrified hurdles as they appeared, & then just drop through the gap when it arrived.

8[

Not that many, but they're really enjoyable and excellently made. Part of the value of that pack is for the extra tools for building and for the fact that it opens you up to all the painball gun user-made levels, and I've played some awesome ones.

Ahh cheers. From what I remember, it wasn't that expensive a pack, so i'll look into it when i'm next on. Edited by Milano

... and for the fact that it opens you up to all the painball gun user-made levels, and I've played some awesome ones.

I don't have the pack, but I have been able to play a number of the paintball gun user-made levels.

And there are some awesome ones. In fact I'm tempted to give the Contra levels a go. If Konami are impressed, then I think it's worth a go (Check the link posted earlier)

... and for the fact that it opens you up to all the painball gun user-made levels, and I've played some awesome ones.

I don't have the pack, but I have been able to play a number of the paintball gun user-made levels.

And there are some awesome ones. In fact I'm tempted to give the Contra levels a go. If Konami are impressed, then I think it's worth a go (Check the link posted earlier)

Ahhh ok my bad. I did wonder about that.

So I would say then...MGS pack is not a must-buy - even though the levels themselves are really good (I still recommend them if cash is no issue). If you can use the paintball gun anyway, other people have done good stuff with it as well.