tantryl

Have you purchased WoW Cataclysm yet?

I went to Vash and that place has made me not want to play anymore, its nearly impossible to see anything around you as you're swimming in the fucking water the whole time and I just kept agroing mobs from way above me because I couldn't keep my eyes on everything around me.

Also, heaps of level 85s already, Cata has only been out for around 16 hours o.O

were you high enough level for that region?

Yes.

Dang.

I went to Vash and that place has made me not want to play anymore, its nearly impossible to see anything around you as you're swimming in the fucking water the whole time and I just kept agroing mobs from way above me because I couldn't keep my eyes on everything around me.

Also, heaps of level 85s already, Cata has only been out for around 16 hours o.O

were you high enough level for that region?

Yes.

Dang.

It wasn't to do with me being too low, it was more the fact that I just couldn't see enough of my surroundings to gauge where enemies were.

I couldn't keep any eye above, below, beside, infront and behind me all at the same time.

Mojo got it for ~$30 thanks to last night's JB Hi Fi 20% off from 6-9pm deal.

/flex!

All I need to do now is level my 5-6 level 66-71 characters to a point where I can make use of it.

Or just start numerous lowbie worgen and goblin characters....

Wooo

lol, goblin start area is total awesome.

AGREE!

You guys noticed that you had to do over 100quests to get to lvl10 from 1. And the xp is a lot lower too.

i got the digital version direct from blizz.

have to say, being able to fly around in kalimdor and the eastern kingdoms, is pretty good. it doesn't sound like much but being able to swiftly move around is much nicer.

i like the questing, etc. its great having the map helpers and markers without resorting to add-ons.

haven't started a new char to see what the low level quests are like but the 80+ quests seem pretty easy and faster, no running around for ages on end.

blizz really upped the respawn rate, you could stand in one spot and kill X amount of whatever really quickly. obviously done since they know there would be a huge jump in people doing the same quests at the same time.

overall i like it. updated towns and textures really make WoW feel new again.

I've decided Nuke is just a whiner, after finishing Vash'jr last night :D

I've kicked off a worgen.. Apart from anything else, Gilneas as Elizbethian England is fucking TOPS.

Waiting on Missham to start my Goblin with. He looks like Mohawk from Gremlins 2, though :P

I've decided Nuke is just a whiner, after finishing Vash'jr last night :D

I've kicked off a worgen.. Apart from anything else, Gilneas as Elizbethian England is fucking TOPS.

Waiting on Missham to start my Goblin with. He looks like Mohawk from Gremlins 2, though :P

Yeah I am, I hate anything in any game that is underwater :P

I'm having fun. I did the silly thing of staying up for 40 hours to spend ~29 hours playing the game to beat the curve to 85.

The early zones were grueling, but flight form > quests. Some of the level 85 heroics are a joke, and some are stupidly hard. I feel sorry for any healers who are constantly OOM because DPS assuming that doing damage > taking damage.

I feel sorry for any healers who are constantly OOM because DPS assuming that doing damage > taking damage.

Saving that for the next time you're face down eating dirt...

Although to be fair it doesn't just seem to be the dps, I've had a lot of tanks who seem to take retarded amounts of damage regardless of whether or not their is any cc present.

I've needed to rotate cooldowns on most trashpacks, let alone bosses.

Pretty tired of DPS that can CC not CCing.

zomg, levelling in this game is actually fun now.

Level 37 paladin and a level 29 mage, alternating between the 2 playing with one of my mates and my girlfriend, great fun.

The new areas are awesome, the quests flow better, levelling is faster, all the stuff you get earlier rather than later really helps alot, no more having to run from 1 end of STV to the other, its fantastic.

Blizzard have done a really good job on refining the low level stuff, something I feel they neglected for far too long.

Travel is so much easier with flight points every few miles. often at quest hubs or significant points. Just the same as Northrend, having flight to quickly drop into a Hot LZ, rapid evac' is great.

I like the differnt ways to level. the old requirement of grind for exp to fill a gap when questing is gone. you can quest, queue for instance, skip the grind and go for the rapid hand ins and still have to come back for the Lore master acheivment.

I've cleared Wetfall, redridge, wetlands and been to a few others, that and feedback from friends shows they cut the quests back to be more about the story and not about the grind. Anyone doing westfall and elwyn, after the originals grind for freaking bandanas, will find the only real grinds are for the threasher and ending to the old defias quest chain that points towards deadmines is tops.

Getting the expansion for christmas so can't wait for the new stuff.

I have noticed that since we got the Cata patch in november, the repawn rate in many areas is more closely alligned with the number of players in the area. A few times I'v been on a quest and found a couple of other also on it and the respawn rate has bene quite reasonable.

Healers are so hard to find these days. I was tanking Wotlk regulars and had to wait 10 minutes for a healer. It may be also due (on topf the above reason) to needign to get to the new instances to access them has caused alot of Healers to dual spec to level as dps. I know I was apreciating that instances, Particularly Heroics, were getting harder. before cata patch the only really challenging instance was halls of reflection, and every one ditches it because it is hard.

It's been many, many, many years since you had to grind out XP because you had no new quests.

Travel is so much easier with flight points every few miles. often at quest hubs or significant points. Just the same as Northrend, having flight to quickly drop into a Hot LZ, rapid evac' is great.

I like the differnt ways to level. the old requirement of grind for exp to fill a gap when questing is gone. you can quest, queue for instance, skip the grind and go for the rapid hand ins and still have to come back for the Lore master acheivment.

I've cleared Wetfall, redridge, wetlands and been to a few others, that and feedback from friends shows they cut the quests back to be more about the story and not about the grind. Anyone doing westfall and elwyn, after the originals grind for freaking bandanas, will find the only real grinds are for the threasher and ending to the old defias quest chain that points towards deadmines is tops.

Getting the expansion for christmas so can't wait for the new stuff.

I have noticed that since we got the Cata patch in november, the repawn rate in many areas is more closely alligned with the number of players in the area. A few times I'v been on a quest and found a couple of other also on it and the respawn rate has bene quite reasonable.

Healers are so hard to find these days. I was tanking Wotlk regulars and had to wait 10 minutes for a healer. It may be also due (on topf the above reason) to needign to get to the new instances to access them has caused alot of Healers to dual spec to level as dps. I know I was apreciating that instances, Particularly Heroics, were getting harder. before cata patch the only really challenging instance was halls of reflection, and every one ditches it because it is hard.

Healers are very pissed off with the way healing works now. They seem to go 'OOM" very fast and it makes it more difficult.

I'm having fun. I did the silly thing of staying up for 40 hours to spend ~29 hours playing the game to beat the curve to 85.

The early zones were grueling, but flight form > quests. Some of the level 85 heroics are a joke, and some are stupidly hard. I feel sorry for any healers who are constantly OOM because DPS assuming that doing damage > taking damage.

Thats true, whilst I haven't done any heroics yet the standard dungeons are more challenging than most of the heroic WoTLK content.

As a Lock I find that to keep things going smoothly you need to really use your curses on mobs. Anything that makes things cast slower or hit softer will reduce damage done to the group and keep healers in the game longer. If you just max out your DPS continually , you usually aren't doing your job .

Healers are very pissed off with the way healing works now. They seem to go 'OOM" very fast and it makes it more difficult.

No, healers aren't pissed off with the way healing works, they're pissed off with the other people who pressed the random button and don't know how to play their class/think it's the tail end of WotLK still. The main reasons that healers are going OOM are people refusing to use CC, dps standing in aoe or an idiot tank that thinks he can pull 3 packs at once and the healer furiously trying to keep everyone up through the completely avoidable damage coming in.

People just need it ramming into their heads repeatedly that you don't stand in the aoe, you need to use all available cc as often as possible, that you don't stand in the aoe, that a lot of the time dps on the boss isn't the priority, that you don't stand in the fucking aoe and that a bandage every now and then won't kill them (in fact that ones quite the opposite).

Possibly the most fun I've had in the early stages of all three expansions. How smooth the launch was to how smooth the game plays now is a really good thing.

Pretty much have to have a guild now, I used to spend a lot of my time just PVPing and being guildless, now I've transferred to Jubei'thos where all my RL friends are, and have joined their guild, and I have brought a few players I've played with for a while over with me, and I'm not looking back. Some of the guild perks are really handy. Not to mention the fact you've actually got a guild to run the new dungeons with, as some of them can be quite challenging and getting scrubs when queueing randoms by yourself is.. Well.. Frustrating.

Another thing is the amount of time it takes to actually kill someone in PVP now. Everything seems kind of balanced, in terms of damage:health ratio. It takes me at least 40 seconds to kill a good DK (as a mage, fire or frost depending on what I feel like playing.) A good prot paladin or good arms warrior can also be a pain with all the interrupts and gap closers they both now have as well.

Mage damage at level 80 (post 4.01) was ridiculous, now it seems kinda balanced. You have a short window of opportunity for your burst, ie. When Deep Freeze is up. After that your damage dips significantly, because your mobility takes a big hit (warriors, dk's, prot paladins, sub rogues all have crazy abilities to shut casters down now.)

Looking forward to the new arena/BG season starting this Wednesday!

Race changed to Worgen, couldn't stand the TERRIBLE casting animations, so I race changed back to gnome and renamed him Tugzalot.

Lovin' it.

No, healers aren't pissed off with the way healing works, they're pissed off with the other people who pressed the random button and don't know how to play their class/think it's the tail end of WotLK still. The main reasons that healers are going OOM are people refusing to use CC, dps standing in aoe or an idiot tank that thinks he can pull 3 packs at once and the healer furiously trying to keep everyone up through the completely avoidable damage coming in.

People just need it ramming into their heads repeatedly that you don't stand in the aoe, you need to use all available cc as often as possible, that you don't stand in the aoe, that a lot of the time dps on the boss isn't the priority, that you don't stand in the fucking aoe and that a bandage every now and then won't kill them (in fact that ones quite the opposite).

^ this.

I did my first run as a healer and damn did that first dungeon hand me my ass.

I thought it was me at first. but nope the new dungeons are a fair bit harder then what i expected.

It's been many, many, many years since you had to grind out XP because you had no new quests.

Sorry, I was not clear, it's not due to a lack of quests, it's because of quests.

quests that require you to grind to get the drop or require you to grind as you travel to get to the drop. Old badlands was a grind festival to get to the quest then through the freaking buzzards and wolves to kill what evers to get the drop and then kill kill kill to get back to the hand in. damned stealthed cats too.

Sorry, I was not clear, it's not due to a lack of quests, it's because of quests.

quests that require you to grind to get the drop or require you to grind as you travel to get to the drop. Old badlands was a grind festival to get to the quest then through the freaking buzzards and wolves to kill what evers to get the drop and then kill kill kill to get back to the hand in. damned stealthed cats too.

Could you want it any easier? :P

That actually helps you level. I find levelling faster if I grind my way to locations to hand quests in rather than to just mount and run through it all.

Could you want it any easier? :P

That actually helps you level. I find levelling faster if I grind my way to locations to hand quests in rather than to just mount and run through it all.

In moderation.

I used James Leveling guide and he used badlands travel kills as part of the leveling process. He had a good run on that did not use all quests just key ones.

my point was though, that many grind quests are more aligned with plot or sub plots and less about padding exp gain. it's a much happier experince.

Here Here!

The kiddies that grew up with WoTLK and the End of BC are having a shit time. My regular crew is enjoying the return to early Kara-ish places.