Sign in to follow this  
Reb1rth.

Gran Turismo 5 APPRECIATION and screenshot thread!

So, since the other thread is full of complaining about the game's development timeframe and end result ratio, and also laden with Forza3/GT5 comparisons I thought I'd make this thread for those of us who are actuallly enjoying our time with the game.

Also so we can show off our rides and photography!

For the uninterested, please keep your garbage in the other thread, and keep this one clean.

Also, for those interested in some online paint-trading (racing), post your PSN usernames and feel free to add anybody who has posted their own for some (hopefully) reasonably clean racing.

Anyway, I will kick this off with a photo I took of my Ferrari 458 Italia!

Pictures can be viewed at full size by clicking the thumbnail, then clicking the smaller image on the next page to view it all its glory.

Posted Image

=== Known Atomican GT5 PSN ID list ===

Reb1rth. PSN: SupervillainX

elfinke PSN: elfinke

cleadge PSN: cleadge

Negotiator: GTracer2010

ae86represent PSN: TheLameness

funky_monkey PSN: funky_mania

SceptreCore PSN: SceptreCore

Antraman PSN: GTP_Vuduegg

Edited by Reb1rth.

In the interests of better readability, it might pay to resize these, 1,920 × 1,080 seems a little excessive for screenies.

Excessive? Maybe in 2005. I don't want to lose any image quality. What happened to that 'feature' on these forums that automatically downsized images - and if you wanted them bigger you click on them?

Excessive? Maybe in 2005. I don't want to lose any image quality. What happened to that 'feature' on these forums that automatically downsized images - and if you wanted them bigger you click on them?

It is excessive. You won't lose quality if you resize them.

Anybody that doesn't have a monitor in 1920x1080 or higher should probably get with the times, but I'll find a way to work around resizing. Nobody mentioned where the auto resize on this forum disappeared to, either...

Actually, getting with the times would mean you'd make the images small enough to suit the increasingly popular netbooks and smartphones. The auto resize feature was annoying because it constantly alters your position on the page as it resizes the images one by one, and even then, you're still downloading the entire image which wastes bandwidth.

Actually, getting with the times would mean you'd make the images small enough to suit the increasingly popular netbooks and smartphones. The auto resize feature was annoying because it constantly alters your position on the page as it resizes the images one by one, and even then, you're still downloading the entire image which wastes bandwidth.

BAM!

Anybody that doesn't have a monitor in 1920x1080 or higher should probably get with the times

Anybody who thinks it's good netiquette to post huge inline images in a discussion thread should probably do the same.

Edited by SquallStrife

Thanks Takoma... someone who actually helped with something along the lines of what I was asking about, rather than retaliating with other rubbish.

TEST;

Posted Image

EDIT: Can all the unneccesary and topic-unrelated posts be removed from this thread? Specifically posts #3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11

I have thumbnailed all images, so they no longer need to be here.

(Thanks again, Takoma -- and thanks also to Foods, I didn't see that link earlier).

Edited by Reb1rth.

I already posted that.

...from my netbook after I couldn't see the gi-fucking-gantic pictures in this thread.

'

Thanks Takoma... someone who actually helped with something along the lines of what I was asking about, rather than retaliating with other rubbish.

It would be nice if you read what anyone actually wrote, before jumping on the short bus.

'

Boo hoo, I was at work on my N900 avoiding the old boss-face so I had to be quick.

Though it seems you didn't read (and if you did, it wasn't acknowledged) my edited thanks to you after noticing it now that I am home on my PC.

Seems like you just more enjoy shitting up any GT5 related thread you come across.

Anyway, enough bullshit...

Posted Image

Edited by Reb1rth.

Hey Reb1rth,

Great idea for a positive GT5 thread. Maybe we can get together a heap of like minded people for some good online racing?

Here is a couple of pics of my first car.

http://img526.imageshack.us/f/tsukubacircuitc.jpg/

http://img580.imageshack.us/f/tsukubacircuit1e.jpg/

Truly a thing of beauty? NOT! lol. It was either that or some fuzz box (shudder). Was a lot of fun though. Some of the early challenges are really cool because your so limited by funds, you really have to get the most out of slow, ungainly beasts.

I wanted to keep it completely stock and unmodified and complete the first couple of races/championships. But alas, I had to drop a little coin to up the HP a little. Kept getting Pwned by an old school Nissan GT-R on the longer tracks (shakes fist at GT-R) Though the standard Gallant managed to remain victorious on the tighter tracks.

And some experimental shots of the FT-86

http://img808.imageshack.us/f/tsukubacircuit2a.jpg/

http://img690.imageshack.us/f/tsukubacircuit3f.jpg/

Such a pretty car!

Haven't spent a lot of time in the Photo mode, but some of the images I have seen others produce look amazing. Definatily keen to try my hand at creating some cool shots in the future.

That was the plan... though it hasn't really caught on so far...

By the looks of things, your first car is a bit of an improvement over mine. I think I had an 80's Honda of some sort, I really don't remember 'cause I got rid of it as soon as I possibly could. :P

I have only used photo mode once, and that was for my Ferrari. Some photos I have seen others take look pretty damn awesome.

What's your favorite car you own so far?

Love your work Reb1rth - your 'gift from the heavens' 458 is ALL OVER MY FACE! And that's some seriously nice drifting.

I am definitely up for some racing, though I have barely touched GT5 in the last week or two as I've continued to work through my huge backlog of games from this last 12 months - I want a clean slate for GT5!

My PSN for those of you I don't have is easy - elfinke.

Edited by elfinke

That was the plan... though it hasn't really caught on so far...

By the looks of things, your first car is a bit of an improvement over mine. I think I had an 80's Honda of some sort, I really don't remember 'cause I got rid of it as soon as I possibly could. :P

I have only used photo mode once, and that was for my Ferrari. Some photos I have seen others take look pretty damn awesome.

What's your favorite car you own so far?

Give it time. Build it, and they will come ;-)

I have a soft spot for the old girl, (MR Gallant) ugly as sin, but oh so much fun.

Only just scarched the surface of GT5, sadly just started a new job and 13 hour days dont leave too much time for gaming. Just bought a 300ZX to complete the 90's challenge in the intermediate class. And its prob my favorite car at the moment. Think it might end up as a drift weapon after the challenge is done. It's got some nice balance and turn in is very sharp.

Either that or the Nurburg edition STI rexy I bought to go Rallying (the one you can buy new from the Subaru dealership, MY07 I think) its a hell of a lot of fun on dirt.

Whats your pick out of the cars you've unlocked?

Love your work Reb1rth - your 'gift from the heavens' 458 is ALL OVER MY FACE! And that's some seriously nice drifting.

I am definitely up for some racing, though I have barely touched GT5 in the last week or two as I've continued to work through my huge backlog of games from this last 12 months - I want a clean slate for GT5!

My PSN for those of you I don't have is easy - elfinke.

I'd be up for some racing too. Maybe some low HP, low end cars? As thats all I've got to play with at the moment lol.

@elfinke -- I do love my Ferrari! I have it completely maxed out, sitting on racing hards. With a little suspension and brake balance tweaking, it's a beast of a car. So smooth to drive.

Drifting that Audi R8 feels awesome, too. You can feel it in the FFB on the wheel when the car has lost all real grip with the road, and since it's 4WD, you can just get it sideways and push your foot to the floor and it hammers around corners. Not so useful in multiplayer, however... as tyre wear is on and from what I can tell, can't be turned off. :P I get 3-4 laps around that same track in my video and my tyres are just about dead. :D I will add you to PSN when I get home on Sunday sometime.

One thing that does suck about the online portion of the game, and that is the lack of a friend invite system (or, at least I haven't found one yet). But from my experience so far, the rest works well. Though I do wish there was an option to turn off the 'invisible' cars when there's a crash or when you're lapping somebody. They should just add a flag system like real races. Yellow/Blue/Black, etc... or at least have it be an option. It is still fun as it stands, though. Whenever I host games, I have all assists turned off, and now that the mechanical damage system has been implemented in arcade and online, I will have that turned on too, as a little incentive for people to drive nicely, rather than the first-corner crash fests I've been involved in by silly people trying to win the entire race on corner 1.

@ae36 -- In multiplayer, you can also use the cars from Arcade mode, if your garage cars aren't up to scratch. Generally I dislike races with garage cars, anyway... as they always end up being unfair in some way, and everybody just seems to go with their hardest and fastest beast. I cracked the shits when all these people joined my game once and kept spamming demands for garage cars when I had it set to a mild-powered car for everybody (around 300bhp), and I raged at them on mic about how garage cars are generally going to unbalance the races and how their attention spans must really suck if they can't put up with driving a slowish car. Naturally they continued their spam, so I set it to the 1960's Fiat 500 to piss them off. Most of them left as soon as they saw it. It's a funny car to race. :)

@Foods -- Nice jump! I haven't much touched the rally events yet. I haven't seen any in A-spec yet, either... I've completed all the Beginner, Amateur, Professional, and most of the Expert events in A-spec, and have seen no sign of rally (or Nascar, actually) outside of the Special events. A tad disappointing, but hopefully they show their faces in the Extreme events, along with endurance races. I am 2/3 a rank away from unlocking Extreme, so I guess I will see soon enough. I bought the 2010 WRX sedan for my intermediate rally special events, but I haven't completed them yet. I'm gonna have to get more into it, as rally is probably my favorite kind of motorsport. I'm gonna have to get some rally shots soon, I think. Yours have given me a little inspiration.

@ Foods, love the pics of the Kombi, my mate actually has one he's restored (white and acid yellow paint scheme) and we did used to love a cruise in the Dac-Dac, for reasons I wont go into here ;-) Ahhh miss spent youth.........

Oh and the rexy is very nice, I was tossing up between the current shape STI hatch or the last of the previous shape. And in the end the love for the older rex was too great. Though I think I'll definatily go back and visit the Subaru dealership again soon, fund permitting.

I'm still hunting for a Black MY01 (bug eye) WRX sedan, as that is the car I race persomally, and I'd love to have an in-game twin to play with. Anyone have one to swap?

@Reb1rth, using some arcade cars, with some HP/weight limits would definatily make for some nice close races. I'd even be down for some one make/model races so its all down to driver. Did not enjoy either of the two online races I joined in, very unbalanced cars and the guys racing had apsolutely no idea of racing etiquette! Grrr!! Does GT5 still impliment the hadicap system for the guys comming last to keep the races close. I pretty sure the earlier games had this option (please correct me if I'm wrong)

@ Foods, Reb1rth, and elfinke. I'll try and get on GT5 and add your guys to my PSN list over the weekend. Fingers crossed we manage to catch up for a race or two.

I have a charcoal '99 4 door Sti, I'm sure I saw a bug eye in the used cars and thought "I don't really need a 3rd WRX".

Not much point trying to add me for multiplayer, I don't have a PS3 network ID thingy. Hell, my profile on my PS3 is "User 1".

'

There is a 'boost' option in multiplayer, yeah. I have never used it though, as it seems like it belongs in a Need for Speed type game. There is an option I use, though, that reverses the starting grid based on the previous race results.