Sign in to follow this  
iamthemaxx

Business/Corporate internet providers

At work we have a 4M WIZZ link (wireless, symmetrical) to the outside world with a backup 512M link for that.

We also have a 2M SHDSL link to our data centre.

We are looking at dropping the wireless link (which is insanely expensive for what we need) and getting something a little more reasonable.

Can anyone suggest some decent corporate/business providers we could approach?

I have taken a look at Internode and they look good. Not sure about iiNet though, they seem to much like a home user type service.

Telstra? Optus? Someone else?

Anyone got information/stories they can share?

Powertel/AAPT are okay, but only okay. Their services are good once they're installed, but like any other ISP, installation can be a baffling kafkaesque journey into madness.

At my work we resell Powertel/AAPT connections, so I've done some pretty full-on rollouts using them. That said, we also resell pacnet and a few others.

With Powertel, you can sometimes get a VULL as well, which saves on phone bills.

I've worked with a couple of clients with iiNet's business-grade ADSL, and that seems pretty good, especially when you enable Annex M. iiNet also has a few nifty features like automated changing of reverse DNS records for the IP address that are handy for business connections. I've heard good things about Internode's business offerings as well.

What type of link are you putting in?

I went with TPG at my previous office and the overall process was fairly smooth and painless. The engi's were pretty efficient too.

Although, we did have to watch the sales guy, who had a solid habit of "opting in" minor features (that still had small costs that add up) which weren't specified for the account.

We'd need a 1M synchronous link to the DC at minimum.

And a 2M synchronous from the office to the outside world. We need a larger one because we host our test systems internally and customers need access to them.

I am not sure if we could get away with ASDL2+ in the office, as long as the upload rates were acceptable.

While I don't have any direct experience I was looking through the Internode forum over at Whirlpool and saw a number of positive comments from corporate customers.

If you get stuck maybe have a look through a few of the ISP-forums on Whirlpool and see if there is much feedback on corporate services.

Have been very happy with Westnet's corporate support on our SHDSL link. Internode's pricing is also OK for corp plans.

From memory, I think Westnet utilise powertel DSLAMs.

When we signed up with them their pricing for low usage plans was cheaper. Internode have since improved their pricing :-)