SquallStrife

The new Mortal Kombat

SO I guess this means I'll be buying my copy from overseas, depending of course if the version I get is compatible with my XBOX.

... wow ... just wow. Australia how utterly pathetic our leaders are.

SO I guess this means I'll be buying my copy from overseas, depending of course if the version I get is compatible with my XBOX.

... wow ... just wow. Australia how utterly pathetic our leaders are.

See I was thinking the same thing. What annoys the FUUUUUUUUUUUCK out of me is that either a, we won't get the DLC if it's not released here at all, or b, a censored version will be released and the DLC won't work with the OS versions. Either way we're fucked on the DLC.

Edited by disolusiond

Or buy a PS3.

:-P

I have both, it's great.

Edit: Careful importing that game from PlayAsia... Customs can seize it. They probably won't, but they can.

Edited by SquallStrife

The game is not suitable for 15 year olds, and I agree.

But it should be fine for 18+ years...

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everyone at work was quite excited about it coming out.

A few of us were quite upset, especially when I started to take down all signage advertising the game.

:(

We all started discussing where we'd import the game from since we now can't get it locally.

I feel like I'm spruiking these guys alot at the moment, so I apologise for that, but

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/mortal-kombat-game-ps3

http://www.ozgameshop.com/xbox-360-games/m...t-game-xbox-360

$50-odd bucks with free delivery for the standard edition is mighty hard to beat - though I haven't checked the PA links as PA rapes the ram in my idevice.

Mother fuckers!

I was contemplating buying a PS3 for this game!

Gah I hate Australia sometimes.

/import.

Good to see the govt keeping us buying local!! Dickheads!

I honestly felt like screaming when I read this the first time. I was extremely excited for this game, have been a long time fan despite not being an uber fighting game person. Had intended to get the Kollectors and everything.

I MUST own the game, as stupid as it may sound to say I MUST ahve it, but I have to own it and I wanted the Kollectors, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 360 version of it that is NOT region locked. :(

Its definately a major reason why we need 18+ and I have updated the FB page accordingly

*enter cursing and swearing here*

Edited by the_13th

rah!!

i played MK when i was younger and i liked so its a shame they ban this! (how can Duke Nukum be in but MK be banned?)

damm anti 18+ rating people!

how can Duke Nukum be in but MK be banned?)

Well MK is far more violent, but that baffles me as well

how's this going to affect the online side of things? effectively killing it for those importing it?

This game looked great but online is a pretty big deal breaker especially if its going to be laggy with the lack of aussies to slap around.

how's this going to affect the online side of things? effectively killing it for those importing it?

This game looked great but online is a pretty big deal breaker especially if its going to be laggy with the lack of aussies to slap around.

If they bring out a censored version we'll be fine. I'd say they will since it's such a big release though personally I hope they don't. I think MK is better when you're ripping the head off of a mate who's sitting next to you rather than some random dude that's who knows where.

Australia's backward rating system strikes again!

Yep..............................................................

See if I can find the old version for my Amiga again.

This really, really, sucks though. Not a happy chappy - I may not have even bought the new version, but to censor it is a most irksome outcome.

but to censor it is a most irksome outcome.

Id rather it was never brought in to the country than to see it censored :(

The stupidity of the Aussie Ratings system is on full show here : http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/game...1baqx.html#poll

And as for a censored version : "Warner Bros said it would not be toning down this title as "that wouldn't be Mortal Kombat"." (taken from the above link)

(with apologies - I found the Wii Game thread after I wrote this post. I blame the forum merger)

Edited by spyder

So they're not releasing a censored version here? That shows a publisher and developer who cares more about the quality of its game and the games image than sales.

and makes it easier not to fold and buy a censored version

I'll be buying this game regardless of what Australia thinks ... this is just so embarrassing (like a bunch of other games that got RC or banned outright).

Props to the Developers for not folding.

but to censor it is a most irksome outcome.

Id rather it was never brought in to the country than to see it censored :(

Indeed.

Hate this nation's laws when it comes to mainstream games and censorship. :x

--Edit--

For a chuckle, an embarrassing chuckle, that is:

FINISH HIM

Hehehehe

Scorpion Wins "Tickle Fatality"

Hahahahahaha

http://n4g.com/news/709302/mortal-kombat-a...ian-edition/com

Edited by Bodie_CI5

I'll be buying this game regardless of what Australia thinks ... this is just so embarrassing (like a bunch of other games that got RC or banned outright).

Props to the Developers for not folding.

+1

Getting mine from play asis. It's a US version and I've already started a US PSN account so I can download any DLC from there if they ever release any that I actually want.

Damn straight the developers get props! Apart from the AWESOME fact that they're not going to sell their integrity it's a big FUCK YOU to our censorship board.