SquallStrife

The new Mortal Kombat

dude

It's not a censorship board issue, it's the crappy censorship laws.

The game is quite rightly classified not suitable for 15 year olds, but we don't have the appropriate laws in place to classify the game for adults.

Smadge: as much as I want to agree with you, I have to also say that the OFLC are so inconsistent, that their methods of what's acceptable and what isn't, is just a crock of shit, managed by people who don't have a clue.

So yes, I do agree, the laws need to bring in an R18+ and our pathetic politicians just can't seem to wrap their small brains around this issue (it's obviously not a big deal for them, I'm sure none have any clue about what video games even are). But OFLC just can't seem to make up their damn minds.

dude

It's not a censorship board issue, it's the crappy censorship laws.

The game is quite rightly classified not suitable for 15 year olds, but we don't have the appropriate laws in place to classify the game for adults.

While I agree that we need an R18+ rating, untill that day comes the weight of every fucked up decision lands squarely on the OFLC, and as Graph pointed out, those fucktards flip flop more than a fish out of water. It is almost impossible to predict what they will ban or how they come to their judgments. How in the name of holy fuckballs did MW2 get by them and this not? The mind boggles.

Didn't Duke get off scott-free?

Yep and it has an interactive gloryhole. Sex gets through. Violence, blood and gore doesn't

Correct.

Did you see this Wii game that got a P-fucking-G rating? What a load of it...

(Article also talks about MK.)

A former federal government censor says the board rarely actually plays titles it classifies and relies on publishers to be upfront about the content of their games.

Hmmmm.....

-A-

Edited by Ashlar

Warner Bros are gonna appeal

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/warner-br...mbat-rc-rating/

Warner Bros has just released a statement confirming that they’ll be appealing the decision to ban the fighting game deemed by the Classification Board to contain “violence that exceeds strong in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 years to play”.

More in the link. There is still hope

Slurms, thanks for the heads up.

I loved this:

Interestingly, the game will be resubmitted for consideration unedited.

Maddogs! :D

No, you don't want it.

YOU NEED IT.

Actually you're right there, I MUST OWN IT! Please forgive me for such blasphemous typing :(

Anybody know if that demo is coming to PS3 as well? I'd look myself but I'm on my phone and reception is shit here.

Anybody know if that demo is coming to PS3 as well? I'd look myself but I'm on my phone and reception is shit here.

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/03/04/mort...aystation-plus/

Warner and Sony have announced that a demo for the up coming new Mortal Kombat game, will make its way onto PlayStation Plus on Wednesday the 9th of March.

The new Mortal Kombat game its self will not actually be available on the market until April the 21st, so the demo is arriving relatively early.

The demo will also be available for all PlayStation 3 owners via the PlayStation store just one week after it appears on PlayStation Plus.

I look forward to either, watching it get released, or flipping the finger at our country by importing it anyway

I will own this game

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/mortal-ko...s-unsuccessful/

We’ve just gotten word from Warner Bros that the Mortal Kombat appeal has been unsuccessful.

We have a statement from Warner Bros below. More news as we get it.

"We’re obviously extremely disappointed that the refused classification decision has been upheld by the Classification Review Board. We want to thank the thousands of Mortal Kombat fans in Australia and around the world who have voiced their support during the appeal process."

Shit fuck shit! Oh well, another country will be getting our hard earned Australian dollars i suppose

Play-asia has it listed as "This item is not available in your territory"... anybody know any other worthy sites to import from?