SquallStrife

The new Mortal Kombat

Really sucks as there won't be many local players online to play against.

But you know the ones that you do come across will be die hard fans......

zavvi, 365games, ozgameshop and amazon are all shipping to here with decent prices to be had.

Having said that, I'll just point this out:

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.ph...84&skipmc=1

it seems the Australian authorities are already on the lookout and ready to stop copies from reaching the nation... an Australian Customs and Border Protection Service spokesperson... confirmed that the service had added Mortal Kombat to its list of prohibited items.

While the news about importing RC items being illegal isn't new, the fact that customs were so quick to make a deal about MK (albeit, they were asked for their opinion by the media) suggests to me that some DVD sized packages from the UK might get extra attention in the 2-3 weeks.

While the news about importing RC items being illegal isn't new, the fact that customs were so quick to make a deal about MK (albeit, they were asked for their opinion by the media) suggests to me that some DVD sized packages from the UK might get extra attention in the 2-3 weeks.

Just means Ill wait till after the heart of the release has died down...

The Customs spokesperson said someone caught trying to import RCed games into Australia could expect a fine of up to three times the value of the product, or A$110,000, which ever is greater.

or maybe Ill have to find another way.. :(

Edited by the_13th

Just get it shipped with a couple of other things so it pads out the package?

take a trip to NZ?

im going to do that for MK (for 360) and L4D2 (For PC).

that might work...

Just get it shipped with a couple of other things so it pads out the package?

Well Im thinking of just ordering a copy while im in Canada in august and then having it delivered there... That was I can just bring it home like its nothing...

Means I have to wait AGES though :(

people we need to write letters to our local mp's etc. laws will get passed with no opposition unless we the people stand up and have our say.

100 chiefs cant control 10000 indians if they wont co-operate.

lets take the power back.

limiting what we purchase for entertainment is just a small totalitarian tip toe step in the scheme of things.

good on you all for seeking out these alternative avenues.

screw this corrupt draconian (so called democratic) dictatorship

Can't you just buy it from Amazon.com?

I might also add that i'm surprised Australia is so strict. With all the rules and regulations that they have here in Norway i'm surprised games don't get banned or censored, but they don't.

Edited by smakme7757

If it gets RC'd again I'm getting a mate in the US to buy one for me and ship it here.

It was RC'd again on Monday, bro.

If it gets RC'd again I'm getting a mate in the US to buy one for me and ship it here.

It was RC'd again on Monday, bro.

Fucking FUCK!

I might also add that i'm surprised Australia is so strict. With all the rules and regulations that they have here in Norway i'm surprised games don't get banned or censored, but they don't.

Well can TRY!!!

But the problem is that Customs have stated they will be looking for it coming in to the country and if your caught you can be fined up to $10,000

Its f*cking pathetic

Well can TRY!!!

But the problem is that Customs have stated they will be looking for it coming in to the country and if your caught you can be fined up to $10,000

Its f*cking pathetic

That is fucked up. I wonder what happens if someone sent it to you as a gift? My brother wants me to send it to him.

Edited by smakme7757

I thought it was $110,000, or three times the item price -- whichever is greater.

To be honest, I think it's just scare-tactics.

Either way though, in case they're legit... I'm holding off 'til I get reports back from people who have imported to see if they all got through.

After watching some Youtube videos i decided to pre order it. I'm getting the Kollectors Edition :).

I can't wait to Fatality Lui Kangs ass.

Played the demo. The game is awesome! The fighting flows really nicely and the graphics are very nice.

It's very bloody, though even with the extent of the gore, I think it's too over-the-top to be taken seriously enough for a flat out ban.

R18+ can't come soon enough. Those importing right away -- report back to us all about what happens with customs. :) Some of us can't risk potential $110,000 fines. :P