Sign in to follow this  
Leonid

Uh.... what the ...?

The upper house of the Swiss parliament has drafted a law decriminalising sex between consenting family members which must now be considered by the government.

There have been only three cases of incest since 1984.

Switzerland, which recently held a referendum passing a draconian law that will boot out foreigners convicted of committing the smallest of crimes, insists that children within families will continue to be protected by laws governing abuse and paedophilia.

Daniel Vischer, a Green party MP, said he saw nothing wrong with two consenting adults having sex, even if they were related.

"Incest is a difficult moral question, but not one that is answered by penal law," he said.

Barbara Schmid Federer of The Christian People's Party of Switzerland said the proposal from the upper house was "completely repugnant."

"I for one could not countenance painting out such a law from the statute books."

The Protestant People's Party is also opposed to decriminalising the offence which at present carries a maximum three year jail term.

A spokesman for the party said: "Murder is also quite rare in Switzerland but no one suggests that we remove that as an office from the statutes."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ncest-laws.html

The Green Party supporting incest. How progressive regressive. All under the banner of civil rights and anti-discrimination.

Haha haha, What a waste of their tax payers money, Even Non-Christian will be against it.

Apparently, the Swiss Green Party is an offshoot of the Tasmanian one. ;P

I don't know what's worse - having to tell people its not OK to root their own family or having people questioning a law required because people don't realise its not OK to root your own family.

meh, nothing to get worked up about imo. There are more important laws that we should be concerned about and I srsly doubt it was doing much to stop people from rooting their family member when they really want to anyway.

Haha haha, What a waste of their tax payers money, Even Non-Christian will be against it.

Disturbingly enough, i've known people who would "fuck their sister" if she was OK with it.....

I dont see them anymore; but the fact is they're out there.

now, MYSELF? I would fuck their sister too; but thats not the same is it :P

I don't know what's worse - having to tell people its not OK to root their own family or having people questioning a law required because people don't realise its not OK to root your own family.

Point well taken but...

Does my wife count as a member of my family?

/Runs

Meh

Big deal.

Two consenting adults and all that nonsense.

As long as no children result, there isn't really any harm done.

its just creepy...

what about 3rd cousins? do they count?

(not that i havnt done it)

Point well taken but...

/Runs

In this instance if your wife were a “Sister or Mother or Aunt or Cousin” or “Brother or Father or Uncle or Cousin” to you that had undergone gender altering surgery aka ‘LASER VALMORIFICATION’ before being your wife then that would count, Not sure on the cloning yourself and altering your gender and marrying yourself how that would be viewed,Bbut it sure would take "Go fuck yourself to a new level". NEXT LEVEL BAAAA

Weird, maybe that's what happens if one lives too long in a small island or small insulated country.

:D

It doesn't matter for me I don't get to do her anyway (my wife that is - I don't know about yours). So I guess I'm safe :'(

Meh

Big deal.

Two consenting adults and all that nonsense.

As long as no children result, there isn't really any harm done.

Yeah, this really.

:D

It doesn't matter for me I don't get to do her anyway (my wife that is - I don't know about yours). So I guess I'm safe :'(

Really? That's odd, I get to do your wife ;)

I imagine the Green argument is based off 'well, the animals do it, it's as Mother Gaia intended, let's all get naked and dance around a maypole'.

I imagine the Green argument is based off 'well, the animals do it, it's as Mother Gaia intended, let's all get naked and dance around a maypole'.

The Earth Mother Demands Satisfaction, Err fetch her brother would'ya.

Weird, maybe that's what happens if one lives too long in a small island or small insulated country.

What, they think rationally?

Is it the complications surrounding the act that people object to so strongly? I'm in the camp of those who think if it's two consenting adults, I really don't care what they get up to.

Some of the complications could be, for example, a child resulting from the union has a far greater statistical chance of chromosomal abnormalities, or the fact that power plays in family enviornments can be odd, so consent may be manipulated rather than given.

But why do people think the act itself is so wrong?

The act itself is sex. By that definition, having sex with animals is also not wrong. You've got to look at it in context - it's sex between close family members. Why is the act wrong in that instance?

Simple really: as an atheist I subscribe to evolution and our evolutionary psyche has developed a “disgust”-like mechanism to combat such things as incest (in order to protect the species homo sapien sapien from inheriting continuous defective genes).

In any act of incestuous sex, there is a form of power play involved - hell in all sex really. The problem with incestuous sex is that bond is impossible to break without breaking family bonds.

The act itself is sex. By that definition, having sex with animals is also not wrong. You've got to look at it in context - it's sex between close family members. Why is the act wrong in that instance?

Simple really: as an atheist I subscribe to evolution and our evolutionary psyche has developed a “disgust”-like mechanism to combat such things as incest (in order to protect the species homo sapien sapien from inheriting continuous defective genes).

In any act of incestuous sex, there is a form of power play involved - hell in all sex really. The problem with incestuous sex is that bond is impossible to break without breaking family bonds.

Wow, you're attributing your disgust to evolution? Funny, seems more like a societal thing, since some societies don't seem to have the same "disgust" as you. You're projecting your own issues onto everyone else. Nice.

Wow, you're attributing your disgust to evolution? Funny, seems more like a societal thing, since some societies don't seem to have the same "disgust" as you. You're projecting your own issues onto everyone else. Nice.

I'm attributing my disgust to psychological derivatives of society that have led us here today.

Some societies don't have the same disgust as me - that's true. The majority of those societies believe in the goodness of a guy who, according to scripture, waged 28 bloodthirsty campaigns across Arabia, slaughtered women and children, then deflowered a 9 year old and founded a culture that to this day stones women to death for merely looking at a man not related to them. Also, these societies have the highest rates of genetic defects. Of the 130 million women in the world who are yearly genetically mutilated, more than 85% come from these societies. Of the 3 million women in the world who are killed or disappear every year across the planet, most come from these societies. Of the homosexuals that are killed for their sex by the state, almost all come from these societies.

Forgive me, please, if I don't give a flying fuck what they think. Actually don't bother forgiving me - I don't need forgiveness for absolute disgust and horror at the concept of having to kowtow to primitive religious apes in considering my views. Remember that all cultures need to be understood - not all cultures need to be listened to or considered equal. And some cultures should be completely destroyed.

Lastly I'm a Jew. In Israel, before Jews marry, they must undergo mandatory screening for specific genetic diseases that mostly affect Ashkenazi Jews. That's what happens after centuries of incest, up until the early 40s. Hell, I've been tested. My parents are Russian with a background in Ukraine - and Ukrainin Jews are largely an offshoot of Polish and Hungarian Jews who are the largest group of Ashkenazis with genetic defects caused by centuries of inbreeding within a tight community.

There is a fundamental scientific argument against incest. There's a health argument against incest. There's a psychological argument against incest. How many arguments do you want?

Just because I support the right of consenting adults to do whatever the hell they want to each other in the bedroom, does not mean I support their right to do so when it harms, even in a small, tiny way, the rest of society.

Edited by Leonid

I'm attributing my disgust to psychological derivatives of society that have led us here today.

Some societies don't have the same disgust as me - that's true. The majority of those societies believe in the goodness of a guy who, according to scripture, waged 28 bloodthirsty campaigns across Arabia, slaughtered women and children, then deflowered a 9 year old and founded a culture that to this day stones women to death for merely looking at a man not related to them. Also, these societies have the highest rates of genetic defects. Of the 130 million women in the world who are yearly genetically mutilated, more than 85% come from these societies. Of the 3 million women in the world who are killed or disappear every year across the planet, most come from these societies. Of the homosexuals that are killed for their sex by the state, almost all come from these societies.

Forgive me, please, if I don't give a flying fuck what they think. Actually don't bother forgiving me - I don't need forgiveness for absolute disgust and horror at the concept of having to kowtow to primitive religious apes in considering my views. Remember that all cultures need to be understood - not all cultures need to be listened to or considered equal. And some cultures should be completely destroyed.

Lastly I'm a Jew. In Israel, before Jews marry, they must undergo mandatory screening for specific genetic diseases that mostly affect Ashkenazi Jews. That's what happens after centuries of incest, up until the early 40s. Hell, I've been tested. My parents are Russian with a background in Ukraine - and Ukrainin Jews are largely an offshoot of Polish and Hungarian Jews who are the largest group of Ashkenazis with genetic defects caused by centuries of inbreeding within a tight community.

There is a fundamental scientific argument against incest. There's a health argument against incest. There's a psychological argument against incest. How many arguments do you want?

Just because I support the right of consenting adults to do whatever the hell they want to each other in the bedroom, does not mean I support their right to do so when it harms, even in a small, tiny way, the rest of society.

If there is no child born of the union, how does it harm society?