jdog

getting my i7 System Finally!

so finally after months of going back anf forth,yes and no,budgets up and down its finally happening!

im getting a i7 system!

ordered and im paying in the next few days!

Specs are as follows:

i7 950

gigabyte X58A-UD7 (rev 2)

6GB Corsair XMS 1600mhz

GTX 460 SOC (while waiting for GTX 580 to come in stock,put my name down)

Coolermaster HAF X

Corsair HX850 (maybe pay $60 more and get HX1000w)

1TB WD HDD (FAEX)

liteon DVDRW

and i may add the new BenQ 23.6' 3D monitor

so im a happy chappy!

/does happy dance

so now you guys can stop bantering me that i dont do stuff!

Edited by jdog

bad time to buy a i7 imo with sandy on the way :P still makes a sound build though

id swap the hx850 to a ax850 dosent cost much more but is better

im doing 3d modelling/annimation etc in my game devlopment course so the i7 is the best opition.

yes sandy bridge looks good but i think what i picked is good becuase it has a longer life span and is cheaper.

and i would of gone the AX850 but the place im buying and getting it build from doesnt stock the ax850 (computer Alllance)

Looking good, no real need to get a 850w. Over that is extreme overkill. And why the ud7? why not the ud5 or the ud3r? More expensive isnt always better. Because i doubt you will use the majority of the ud7. Settle for something cheaper

Edited by unr3strict3d

i think sandy has a longer lifespan as 1366 x58 is getting replaced within 12 months and is already 2 years old

sandy shouldnt cost much more when its prices settle in

2600k ~$400

mb should be cheaper ~$100-300 for most

you havent bought it yet!!

ud5 board would do the same job just cheaper.

hx 850 is overkill unless your going sli.

1.5 tb is best price per gb.

what bout ssd and cooler ?

yeah i know that x58 is getting replaced in 12 months but becuase its getting replaced soon its cheaper...

and i have ordered it anyway so i cant change it.

but i will look at sandy bridge to see what that offers.

anyway if you have a i7 now (which i will soon) sandy bridge isnt worth the upgrade anyway.

EDIT:the place im buying it from doesnt stock the ud5,im going the HX850 becuase of SLI later and 1tb is enough for me (but i will RAID 2x1TB down the track as well as add a SSD and a cooler)

ive got a 3yr warranty so i can add whatever in that time to it!

Edited by jdog

I searched on computer alliance and they stock the ud3r, so just get that. Much cheaper and will suit your needs. And their right. You dont need an 850w power supply for it. Save money man.

ive ordered it and there bringing in stock in so i cant change it.

anyway im happy.

i dont want to change it anymore!!!!!

and mudg3: the PSU i got was for a backup system because i needed it for the new graphics card.

Edited by jdog

lol, after all the back and forth you still didn't learn a thing. Nice build, but you could do better.

Also, would make sense to order a gtx580 from somewhere like PCCG or even one of the leadtek gtx480s for $400.

Have fun not using 90% of the features of the ud7 :P

lol, after all the back and forth you still didn't learn a thing. Nice build, but you could do better.

Also, would make sense to order a gtx580 from somewhere like PCCG or even one of the leadtek gtx480s for $400.

Have fun not using 90% of the features of the ud7 :P

you live and you learn. I guess he just has alot of learning to do

Should have gone AMD

Nah :P

i7 still is a nice CPU, and will continue to be for a long time

If you were building an P55 system, I'd tell you too wait for SB. As I don't know when the X58 replacement is coming, I don't see any reason not to by such a system (socket wise)

One thing though, you can't use this PC in our competition :)

you guys dont know that i only came here about 8 months ago with very little knowlegde of hardware and your saying i didnt learn anything?

i did!

i picked good things (which some may agree with and some may not)

and nukey,i did order the GTX 580,only this is a stop card for waiting utill it comes it stock...

@nobody: i know....i wont....im still tuning this one ready for the battle....(which will continue after xmas break and when we both have free time)

Edited by jdog

Save money and get cheaper ram and the ud3r mobo, the ud7 is overkill, the money saved would get you an SSD

Jdog, you remind me alot of myself when I was at (probably) the same age, young and stupid, to put it bluntly, I had more money than brains, this I feel is a case of more money than brains, like seriously wait for Sandy Bridge its a new architecture not just a shift to 32nm node, also GTX580 is a waste of money when for $120 more you can get dual GTX570's (zotac GTX570 is only $400 at Umart while GTX580's remain at $700).

next your PSU is fine, keep it, don't fritter away money on a HX850/AX850 cause you won't notice any difference whatsoever, well maybe a little less heat being omitted from it but nothing to be worried about.

why you need a UD7 I don't know as well, both the ASUS and Gigabyte budget X58 boards are great.

cheers, sorry if you take offence to the above but I feel it needs to be said as I was the same.

edit: just saw your getting a GTX460 SOC, this has me more perplexed than anything else, you have a GTX460 already :/

Edited by nesquick

ive ordered it!

and yes i could go down to the ud3r but ive ordered it so i cant!

as for ram it is the cheapest,so i cant go any lower!

@nes: cant we all have a chance to be young and stupid?

and also i could of but becuase ive ordered it i cant just say,no i want sandy bridge....

and sandy is the mainstream socket anyway...

EDIT:stop it!

i was expecting you guys to say,good on you and well done etc but instead you paying me out?

Edited by jdog

ive ordered it!

if its through Umart? they won't give a shit if you want to change things, email them and cancel the order.

i was expecting you guys to say,good on you and well done etc but instead you paying me out?

I would say good on you but...

You didn't listen to a fucking thing anyone told you here (including me) which is all great advice.

I give up.

nice man! but I also agree with alot of what has been said. oh well you live you learn :) will be nice good luck!

ive ordered it!

@nes: cant we all have a chance to be young and stupid?

EDIT:stop it!

Ring them up, its like very retardo going ud7 unless using triple sli, . it's silly, its like getting 10tb of space and you only need 500g

yes your right..i change it to the ud3r and use the saved $200 to buy a SSD...