jdog

getting my i7 System Finally!

oh wow, sandy bridge is due out in t minus 2 weeks? i might be able to get my new pc sooner then i thought! any news on the amd version? bulldozer?

I think thats sceduled sometime in Q3 next year. Dont quote me on it though.

oh wow, sandy bridge is due out in t minus 2 weeks? i might be able to get my new pc sooner then i thought! any news on the amd version? bulldozer?

I think thats sceduled sometime in Q3 next year. Dont quote me on it though.

bulldozer is meant to be end of Q2-start of Q3 I think.

Off topic, but you decided what you will be getting nessy?

Or you gonna wait till both platforms are out

I think this is what hes getting.

anyway I hope you enjoy it, for the ~10 days its top dog, can't wait to get a SandyBridge 2600K, 2 GTX570 SLI and SSD in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by brissmas

Off topic, but you decided what you will be getting nessy?

Or you gonna wait till both platforms are out

I think this is what hes getting.

anyway I hope you enjoy it, for the ~10 days its top dog, can't wait to get a SandyBridge 2600K, 2 GTX570 SLI and SSD in the next 2 weeks.

Woops, missed that.

I think it's time for bed, before I start posting random garbage

Those who currently own a bloomfield/lynnfield, waiting until skt2011 is the way, I wouldn't spend the money on a skt1155 sandy, when the 'real' sandy is in Q3 2011

Those who currently own a bloomfield/lynnfield, waiting until skt2011 is the way, I wouldn't spend the money on a skt1155 sandy, when the 'real' sandy is in Q3 2011

everything I have read points to S2011 being enterprise level parts.

Got $1150Au in my hands right now, ready to be spent on a complete sandy bridge system from scratch :) . Just need a bit of research and advice from fellow atomicans (which i will take tehe :) ), and ill be sure to post pics and stuff. I did notice that one shop here in perth supposedly had sandy bridge in stock...

I like how the thread subtitle says ordered and paid for and then the content of the thread says paying in a couple of days, sounds like somebody is pretending that its paid for now so he doesn't have to listen to criticism.

I know what its like to want something so bad that you won't listen to reason, I'm sure you'll enjoy your system immensely. But just think about how cool you could have been to be one of the first on the forums with Sandy Vag....

Not worth it

i7 (X58) to Sandy Bridge is not really that much of an upgrade, but upgrading to the X68 gear should be

After reading your "Happy birthday to the editor thread", I noted that you "fell in love" with the UD7. People will always buy gear they like, just like those that have bought the Asus Ares and the XFX epic gun version

Though I think the UD7 is way overpriced (as are those 2 cards), I wouldn't care if you got it (I wouldn't buy it, but that doesn't matter). They are sweet items, no doubt about it

If it had not been for that, I'd be saying the same as what the others have said, go the UD3R and get an SSD now

I've saved a lot of pocket money (and that's all going in Christmas shopping), and my thoughts were same for the Rampage III. It looks so hot, then I thought, what's the point of having that board when I'm just probably going to buy some i7 930/950 with some air cooler down the track with 1 video card, when I could be satisfied with something like in the UD3R's roundabouts and not notice a difference and save for another gift in Christmas, and I won't be looking at it, because my case doesn't have a window? Then I thought Sandy Bridge is around the corner, then I also was thinking of going Ivy instead, I can wait, and I'd love to play around with the 22nm process that it has to offer. So I'm going to be skipping a lot of platforms, but at least I have a good goal now, and I honestly feel like I don't have the need to upgrade, because I'm just an ordinary gamer, other than that, I browse the web, go on Facebook and listen to music on iTunes. I do most of my Uni assignments at Uni, while I am doing Computer Science and those computers are far worse than mine, so I just don't have a need and I can hold my breath.

Doesn't matter now jdog, if you can't cancel it, then don't worry. Just be happy.

@ megatimes12: That's awesome man, will be keen to provide feedback from myself too.

Edited by raradawg

If you break it let me know :P i'll come fix it for ya.

What type of cooler you getting? Remember you always want to go the good cooler from the word go, because they all need you to remove the damn motherboard to fit one later.

Grab another Hyper212+ if you have to.

If you break it let me know :P i'll come fix it for ya.

What type of cooler you getting? Remember you always want to go the good cooler from the word go, because they all need you to remove the damn motherboard to fit one later.

Grab another Hyper212+ if you have to.

Most enthusiast cases have holes in the motherboard tray to get to the backplates these days.

i think ill stick with the stock one and then get one later on.

also im paying half today so its set to go!

and i just found out that the GTX 460 1GB SOC isnt in stock so i think ill just use my current card (GTX 460 768mb) and use that money to grab a 120GB SSD.

but i wont get the thing untill after xmas!

oh well...

@MS: thank you very much for your offer,i accept!

Edited by jdog

Yeah you'll have no problems adding an aftermarket cooler later on down the track with the HAF X, the hole in the mobo tray is massive. The 932s hole wasnt quite big enough for 1366 mounts though, which was a pain.

If you have the money, order a gtx580 off PCCG, they have stock last I checked, they also have stock left of the GTX480 for $400.

ive put the money aside to get the GTX 580 when it comes back in stock at computer Alliance so thats good.

and thats cool that i can easily fit a cooler in there later on....ive got my eye on a noctula NH14...

and im off shortly to pay for this thing...

Edited by jdog

Why not just use the money to buy off PCCG, express delivery for a pretty bloody good price :) 580 is sexy

Yeah, with there express shipping youll get it before christmas if you order tomorrow.

Edited by brissmas

temping,but i have decided to use my current card (GTX 460 768mb) and wait for the GTX 580 to come down in price and get it when its back in stock (about feb)

ordered and will be getting on friday! (hopefully)

first pictures will show up soon...

Edited by jdog

oh yeah!

i got it!

pics will be up soon (once i find my camera and set it up!)

now to find a good monitor to go with it.....the samsung 24 16:10 one looks nice....

Welcome back to Atomic Jdog, it's been a while :P

Look forward to seeing pics of your new PC here (and in my rig thread :) )

so you going to start a new thread (really really finally got my rig) ?

wheres the pics ?

cmon already !!!

were still waiting.

i thought you were getting a dell 27 ?

i expect to see some super p.i benchies showing up in the thread.

we are still here waiting

hurry up

dont fuck it up!!!

Yup, don't rush it, just take your time and get it right.

and the answer to the first question in your head, yes the CPU bracket is meant to be so tight the lever is bowed when you force it shut.

Give him a break, when i did my rig it took me 4 hours before i posted images. To caught up in cable managment and shit. But if no pics by tonight, im not happy and so is the rest of atomic

Give him a break, when i did my rig it took me 4 hours before i posted images. To caught up in cable managment and shit. But if no pics by tonight, im not happy and so is the rest of atomic

Looks like it may not be happening tonight! Probably to busy enjoying his rig :)

Edited by brissmas