jdog

getting my i7 System Finally!

Probably finding some of his friends that have HAF Xs and i7s so he can photograph theirs.

he told me on steam he was just going to post your pics.

Probably finding some of his friends that have HAF Xs and i7s so he can photograph theirs.

he told me on steam he was just going to post your pics.

Haha good one.

ive done a few pics (still need to download them) but yes pics will be up soon.

and pi benchies soon too!

(any other requests?)

now to remove my shit off the old PC (as its going to be used as a family backup),dump to the 1tb external and then install the GPU...then im ready to go!

as for the dell 27 i want that but ive decided ill go with something smaller for now and get it when its a little cheaper....

ive got the a samsung 24 (16:10),logitech G19 and G500 on order....so ill hopefully get those soon...will go nicely with it.

trust me its worth the wait...

nice work, good to see you finally built it.

what cpu did you get? a 950? you can probably oc to about 3.4ghz on that stock cooler if your so inclined.

yep,a 950

havnt run it yet but i cant wait to! (still need to install the GPU and remove shit off the old PC)

and i think ill leave overclocking untill i get a cooler later and if i really need to (and im new to i7 stuff)

Edited by jdog

Those blue cables the USB3.0?

Unless you actually have some USB 3.0 devices its probably not a bad idea to remove them, just unclip the top panel and unplug them like a normal USB cable.

Otherwise rout them behind the motherboard tray and put them over the top and through the WC grommets.

Apart from that its looking pretty clean.

What do you think of the "Cable management panel" thats included with the case? I removed mine eventually as it just got in the way, not like you can actually see the clutter of cables behind fan anyway!

thanks guys and ill try your advice tommrow nukey and see how it goes. and where is the cable mangement thing you speak of? i cant find it.

ive still got to but the GPU in and install windows!

Edited by jdog

Gratz buddy. Glad to see you got a decent surge protector too. The thor boards are the best in AUS.

Looking good :)

The black plastic shroud that goes over the PSU to help hide the cables. Makes it a pain in the ass if you need to plug/unplug anything from the psu without taking the front panel connectors out.

Feels good huh?

Nothing like shiny new tech to play with.

You really should have budgeted for a cooler off the bat tho, you are always gonna be saying, 'if only I had a cooler i could OC higher' would drive me crazy.

Oh yeah, once you have it all set up to run as quick as it can, shelve the benchies and actually USE your PC!!

well i hit a snag.

i found out the case didnt come with the PSU cover thing or the "fan duct" so i rang up and hopefully will get those soon (i have to send it back as they didnt know what i was taking about and it has shitty cable mangement too (not my fault)

as for a cooler i dont really need one stright away anyway but ill get one later.

:(

Why doesn't my UD3R come with "hybrid silent pipe" :(

mines a limted edition version...ha ha

look closer its diffrent.....

Edited by jdog

wow, thought you had run away. Looking great mate. Loving the case and pics

Haha i thought the same.

Nice rig jdog and happy to see you finally got the gear. Cant wait for the GTX 580 pics :P

EDIT: Everyone thinks you got the UD3R but your Sig says you got the UD7, is this true?

Take a closer look at the mobo and i see a UD7.

Edited by brissmas

I don't use the Fan Duct or the PSU cover.

Seems to me the box must have been opened before you got it, as those things come pre-installed in the case =/

The fan duct wont fit with your GTX580 when you get it anyway and theres not actually a fan on it, so its kinda pointless.

Going by that sticker on the side of the case, did someone build that for you? Any wonder the cable management is so shit. I'd be asking for a refund on the build Fee, thats dodgy as.

I don't use the Fan Duct or the PSU cover.

Seems to me the box must have been opened before you got it, as those things come pre-installed in the case =/

The fan duct wont fit with your GTX580 when you get it anyway and theres not actually a fan on it, so its kinda pointless.

Going by that sticker on the side of the case, did someone build that for you? Any wonder the cable management is so shit. I'd be asking for a refund on the build Fee, thats dodgy as.

Looks like Computer Alliance built it for him.

yeah they did build it for me as it was has a warranty and it kept the folks happy.

so yeah i will ask for a refund on build fee and ask for the missing items (as they should of been included (even if not installed)

and i mainly want the PSU cover anyway (keep it all clean and tidy) the fan duct i wont use most likely but i would be good to have it anyway)

@brissmas:yeah its the ud7 (dont be mad),turns out that when i got the system i ended up with a $300 store credit as well (cool,but im not going to use it untill i can get another 580 for round that much) and plus i wanted it (as ive never had high end gear before) so i thought,why not?

and i installed the 460 as well (its kinda wobbles so ill need to fix it) ill sent this back and then once everything is fine install windows and get this thing up and running!

Edited by jdog