jdog

getting my i7 System Finally!

Hey jdog, motherboard installation is easy. Screw it down on the mounts and then just plug everything in. Front panel headers are all clearly labeled so you won't have a problem with them either. Give it a crack, it's the only way to learn it and you'll feel a lot better knowing exactly how your machine is built and that it was done to your best. I'm same age as you man, 19 years old and I build all of my machines myself. It really is the best way to do it. Store warranty is worthless in the end. Only people it's good for are ones that have no idea about computers and just didn't buy an Acer/Dell or whatever.

also they finally have the GTX 580's in stock! $695 for the gigabyte and $735 for asus...

PCCG have a Leadtek 580 for $599 if you want to save $100.

Edited by brissmas

also they finally have the GTX 580's in stock! $695 for the gigabyte and $735 for asus...

PCCG have a Leadtek 580 for $599 if you want to save $100.

he has like $300 store credit or something at computer alliance.

/facepalm!

stupid me!

so ill fix that and put it in one slot down (x16 slot)

also i need to take it back becuase they need to "see" what im talking about (cable mangement,missing items etc) so thats why. ill ask for the fee back and redo the cables and everything.

hopefully it should be fixed soon.

Edited by jdog

UPDATE:

so i took it back and said that the cable mangement needs fixing so they said that they would do that for free.(yay!) (funny thing is the guy i spoke to said "i will teach the person who did this to do cable manement correctly" )

i also asked if its not good could i get the build fee back and the guy i spoke to said "i need to speak to my boss" (which i think means no)

so its in there now getting redone and ill pick it up tommrow.

hopefully it should be nice and tidy!

then time to install windows and bench it! (not overclocking yet)

Edited by jdog

chances are you were talking to the boss and he was just giving an excuse not to give you money back lol

change your tune ask for a store credit cause it was unacceptable and buy your GTX580 there, should keep him happy.

If im not mistaken, do not ask. Demand. YOU are the one that had to come back to the store to return YOUR pc. If i was in the situation i would demand it back.

Edited by unr3strict3d

ill see what its like when i go back tommrow.

if its not good then i will demand the build fee back.

the guy i spoke to was sales rep but he rang the boss so i got the idea that i cant get it back.

also he siad that he "threw out" the PSU cover becuase it didnt fit but i did get the VGA fan duct back but i gave it back as i didnt need it.

Edited by jdog

so much the better *rubs hands evilly together*

He has thrown out some of your posessions without your permission. The ball is 100% in your court now. Unless they want a 'second hand powersupply' while they replace the WHOLE THING, they'll help you.

Go in mad, fuck this "please help me" shit. Be fair, its probably not the clerks fault, but they DO need to know you cant be LOL'd at behind the wall.

ill see how they re did the cables tommrow and if its not good then demand store credit for the build fee.

and im not mad that they threw out the PSU cover (its was the main bit i wanted) but hey i can get it back so ill move on.

@nukey: does the PSU cover fit over the HX850? becuase the reason i dont have it is becuase they said it didnt fit. (which is maybe false)

and when i said redo the cables about a hour after i left i got a call from them saying "its done,you can pick it up now"

im thinking "doesnt it take up to 4 or more hours to do a good,clean cable job?

i just hope this is good otherwise i will be really annoyed....

Edited by jdog

its only a piece of fucking plastic.... nothing worth getting riled up over just take the PC home and enjoy it, you spent like 3 months talking about it.

like if you came into the shop I work at and started going ape shit over something like that I'd probably just walk off on you and you run the chance of them telling you to leave the shop or be forcibly removed.

yeah your right nessie,its nothing to worry about.

ill just get it back tommrow pick it up and install windows and the run benchies and shutup.

Edited by jdog

lol it fits over the HX850 fine, I had it installed in mine.

I don't use it now anyway, just got in the way when trying to plug in the I/O cables and stuff, pain in the ass, you can only see the cables when the side of the case is on anyway.

But its still a bit bullshit that they threw it away...and gave you a bullshit excuse about it not fitting.

would you mind posting a picture of it so i can show them?

cheers,thanks nukey!

i still love that pic everytime i see it....its just so epic!

Need an updated one with the twins nukey :P

Yeah, I've got one with the side of the case on, bit of a rushed cable management job though so with the side off it looks a tad messy down around the PSU area, so I haven't taken a pic of it like that yet...

When you have like 3-4 metres of tube running around your case, cable management becomes secondary to that...its not messy and theres nothing in the way of the motherboard, its just that with 7 fans, a pump, 2 gpus etc. its a bit hard to keep it all nice and neat, compared to a single card build with an air cooler anyway.

But heres what it looks like now:

Posted Image

The cable hanging over the Swifty Rad is a temperature probe, incase you're wondering.

lol, case window needs a bit of a wipe down too.

Edited by nukejockey

UPDATE: so i finally got it back and i also grabbed a logitech G500 mouse ($69) and ordered the samsung 244BW+ in.

so im happy!

now to wait for the email saying i can get the windows 7 student deal...

new pics will be up soon!

Jdog works for Valve

We must use Valve time

:P

Can't wait to see them mate

ha ha

just got to take a few more pics and then ill upload then and post here.

EDIT:

pics!

Posted Image

my new g500 mouse

Posted Image

cables redone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

the GPU is in 2nd slot but i have moved it up to the top one (but i still need to plug in the PCI_E connections.

EDIT:

Posted Image

Edited by jdog