jdog

getting my i7 System Finally!

WTF?

They barely changed any of the cables around. I'd be asking for a refund, that is a horrible job.

Just do it yourself.

Grab the 8 Pin 12v ATX extension lead, connectit, route the 8 pin behind the motherboard tray.

Unplug all SATA connectors that aren't being used (including the 2 hot swappable ones, unless you actually plan on hot swapping drives, you can take that whole thing out.

Run the remaining sata connectors from the motherboard straight into the cable management hole that is right next to them, you should only need to route 1 back into the case and that would be the one that goes to the optical drive.

Cable tie all the front panel connectors together and run them behind the mobo tray, plug them in then pull them fairly tight (not so thight that they nearly rip out, but tight enough that there is only a few centimetres of them showing) and cable tie them to the back of the motherboard tray.

Run your PCI-E power plugs through the back of the mobo tray and in through the hole near the sata ports if they aren't already.

Run the front panel audio up the way that the 8 pin 12v connector is running.

Should clean up most of the clutter and look presentable.

Run the front panel audio up the way that the 8 pin 12v connector is running, it should look heaps neater.

Seriously all it looks like they did was cable tie the usb cables to the radiator brackets at the top of the case.

Edited by nukejockey

now that it works (i just need to install windows)

ill redo the cables myself as i cbb going back there again.

ill keep the hot swap bays just in case i may need them in the future.

other then that ill redo the cables as per you suggustion.

now that it works (i just need to install windows)

ill redo the cables myself as i cbb going back there again.

ill keep the hot swap bays just in case i may need them in the future.

other then that ill redo the cables as per you suggustion.

Why don't you take the hot swappable device out until you actually need it then? It makes it look cleaner (because they took the shroud off it, it looks ugly and sticks out into the case) and its like 2 screws to remove it and put it back in.

I have to agree with nukejocky, that's a horrible job. The fact that they call that "professional assembly/cable management" is, or at least should be, embarrassing. I'd be concerned that they skimped in other areas -check that all the points that are available for standoffs are being used and I'd re-route everything that can possibly be routed behind the mobo tray.

I've had my i7 system since the week it came out - 2 1/2 ys ago

graphics cards aside, I cannot for the life of me see any possible reason to upgrade (any more than I already have)

Intel want to come out with something better than Sandy Bridge

yeah they fucked the cable management again. should do it yourself, make it heaps fucking neat then go in and show them thats how you expect profesional cable management to be done. otherwise I very much hope you are enjoying your build mate :)

Jdog just leave it as it is, you can be really anal about cables being visible but at the end of the day the computer will mostly run the same with minor impedance to airflow as I said just enjoy it.

ill have a crack at redoing some of them while i wait for the windows 7 student email to come through....

Cable management is an experience and I find that its hard to be happy with a pc that looks like that inside, especially considering it has a window.

Actually Nesquick might have a point, you should leave it how it is if it will void your warranty. If they dont care however (if the waranty is based on parts as opposed to the installation) re-do them, its fun and it'll be a good experience for you.

WOOT!!!

its now up and running!

got a copy of win 7 OEM today and everythings now sweet as!

(minus the screen issue)

WEI score is 7.5 (except HDD,5.9)

now for stock benchies (as i dont have a cooler yet)

what would everyone like?

(the screen issue: as it turns out the screen i ordered ,Samsung 2443BW+ may not be in till feb and is not still been made.) if thats the case then i think ill need to trawl ebay....

Edited by jdog

time to dl 3d mark 11 and grab super pi/wprime etc.

UPDATE:

run super pi @ stock

results:

Posted Image

and just for lols the WEI score:

Posted Image

nah,just kidding...

Posted Image

will do more tommrow

put down what you want and run all stock (as i dont have a cooler yet i cant OC)

Edited by jdog

Didn't backup the NukeJockey folder from your old PC?

i did! (its on the 1TB external)

ill run 3d mark 11 and vantage and what they come with...