Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Master_Scythe

ROFL, and so begins my China fight

I bought 2 fake "MP4" players from some guy in China/Hong Kong, didn't realise they were fake until after I had left positive feedback. After making a complaint, they said it must have been a one-off manufacturing fault, and I should send the devices back at my expense for a full refund.

meh, I couldn't be bothered, learned my lesson, and tossed the cruddy players in the bottom drawer.

Then if they say no, I just reverse the paypal charge. They've never baulked at me before for doing that.

Seriously? You've had Visa/Mastercard reverse a transaction, and Paypal didn't raise a peep?

Rob.

honestly, yes.

That greatly surprises me.

(If you do have to create a new account, don't forget to get a new CC number too. And possibly other details, but hopefully they don't check that well)

Rob.

Thats easy paypal has 'its own creditcard'; and my paypal is either under my dads name or a fake name. so no biggie.

I enjoy reading your threads Master Scythe. That's all I really have to say for this.

Curious, how can you reverse the transaction (eg not paying for the product) and not send it back...?

I enjoy reading your threads Master Scythe. That's all I really have to say for this.

Curious, how can you reverse the transaction (eg not paying for the product) and not send it back...?

lol; thank you.

I paid for 10 and recieved 1. If they refuse to pay for shipping, how do i send it back? Its not my fault the fucked up an order; they pay for their mistakes.

You're dealing with some dodgy overseas mob. It's not like you can call the ACCC in. It looked dodgy. You rolled the dice, still. And you lost.

Edited by Saponification

taxpayers money?

aka. My money, as a taxpayer? What does this have to do with anyhting?

The beauty here seems to be with aliexpress. The money goes through them as a middleman, so i'm not dealing with the company directly. Its up to ALI to refund, not the dodgy store. And after that paypal, and after that, the bank.

but you're right.... whatever I can't do to them.. they can't do to me.... this gives me ideas should this go pearshaped....

Can't understand where the angst is coming from - MS read a listing for a lot of 10 pads, paid for 10 and received 1. Do that in Australia and the ACCC and fiar trading would tear you a new one for deceptive practices.

Tear THEM a new one MS. Just remember not to let them pad you out to 45 days or you'll not get your PayPal refund.

Can't understand where the angst is coming from - MS read a listing for a lot of 10 pads, paid for 10 and received 1. Do that in Australia and the ACCC and fiar trading would tear you a new one for deceptive practices.

Tear THEM a new one MS. Just remember not to let them pad you out to 45 days or you'll not get your PayPal refund.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but as long as i open the dispute within 45 days, it can take as long as it takes; correct?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but as long as i open the dispute within 45 days, it can take as long as it takes; correct?

Another 90 days or something and they resolve it. You'll be fine paypal almost always goes with the buyer and is why there is so much hate for them.

Well, the seller just contacted me and offered full refund + shipping costs to get it back.

Looks like there ARE some decent people out there. s soon as paypal clears the refund, i'll post back. Then ebay myself some nice $50 tablets for the parents.

late christmas gifts ftw.

I'm amazed they want it back. Surely the shipping cost matches its value.

Could still easily be a scam. Offer refund and pay for return postage, delay refund while coercing buyer into posting the item back.

Looks like there ARE some decent people out there.

Yeah, the guy that scammed you by mailing you 1 tablet instead of 10 sounds like a real swell chap! :P

Rob.

I'm amazed they want it back. Surely the shipping cost matches its value.

Could still easily be a scam. Offer refund and pay for return postage, delay refund while coercing buyer into posting the item back.

Good point.

they're paying me back through paypal.

I wont be shipping it untill payment clears.

Looks like there ARE some decent people out there.

Yeah, the guy that scammed you by mailing you 1 tablet instead of 10 sounds like a real swell chap! :P

Rob.

I can sorta understand.

Over here a huge chain store ca afford to lose out on a wrong ad. a single person run business in china maybe not so much

I will be very surprised if that ever happens.

I think they'll drag it out until it's past the dispute cutoff.

Have they changed their add - because it says price per piece (not per lot) in both the header and the summation line in your link - inferring you made the mistake - but then it contradicts this in the footer line saysing its for 10 pieces not for 1-10 or 1 lot or 1 piece. Guess they have trouble with the language and plurasition. Glad it gave you an out!

I will be very surprised if that ever happens.

I think they'll drag it out until it's past the dispute cutoff.

Well considering both paypal and AliExpress have a dispute open, they'll have to drag it 90 days ><. and I have the old ad printed and shit.

Yes they've fixed their error.

and in the end its AUSTRALIA who fucks me over.

Apparently there is NO WAY to ship Lithium batteries out of Australia (especially by air). As such, I have no way to return the device.

We are allowed to RECIEVE them, but not SEND them.

I got a phone call from Jessica (the owner of the store) offering me $80 refund on the tablet. Meaning it would have cost me $80 in total.

Considering I'm not able to send it back, despite rejecting it, I may have to email her and accept her offer.

I suppose an $80 android tablet isnt the end of the world.