Morgoth

What present did you get yourself for Christmas?

A part of gift giving, can sometimes include yourself (and probably should in my eyes)

Ignoring the gifts to others part, what did you buy/get yourself for Christmas? A self pat on the back for another year conquered.

Busting your arse through life, we should look after ourselves too!

Why am I posting this? Because I'm pretty excited about it. It's a shameless plug, I'm willing to admit.

It's like finding something so sweet I wana show everyone, not to gloat (not many people would even want it lol) but cos it's pretty important to me.

Well what I got myself wasn't really planned, it just happened to happen near Christmas, but it's something I've been trying to find for about 3 years, but it's been all but impossible, until now.

I saved my money in a special side-account for such a time as I found one worth buying.

Well my best friend found it and pointed me to the auction.

It's a replacement whole car for my project car (I'll be swapping motor and few other bits into it and then continuing the never-ending saga of projects)

Reason it's hard to find is because it's a vintage 2door 1974 volvo 142, to replace the falling apart, rusting shell of my 1972 volvo 142s, Sounds like a hunk of crap metal, well it is to many people. But varying tastes is why we have so many car models.

It's a long project, saved explaining for another time.

Anyone into vintage stuff could appreciate it, you can find these if you look, but finding in good condition is about as rare as hen's teeth.

A bit of work later will make it just right!

So here is my pressie, few bob later I have it ready for me to fly up to Adelaide and get (road trip!)

so pumped =O

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: For those wondering, yes the bumper missing there is ghastly, I will rectify the situation once I get it.

Posted Image

Edited by morgoth

Get a rear bumper for it... looks about as attractive as a bloke wearing a colostomy bag.

I can help but find that Volvo incredibly cool. Although not a fan of whatever's going with that rear bumper :P

Congratulations :)

Rob.

Get a rear bumper for it... looks about as attractive as a bloke wearing a colostomy bag.

Oh my word that's going to be fixed. I need to get the thing before I can fix it ^^^

I got beer.

Might get an i7 rig after Christmas though.

Beer is also a good choice! I think it's a staple at this time of year!

Celebrated the new job with a bit of a JB HiFi binge, picked up Spiderman trilogy, Sin City, 300, Shooter, Clerks, Superman Returns, Xmen trilogy, Hot Fuzz, Shaun Of The Dead, and a couple of other Blu Rays.

Christmas had brought a nice haul already from the missus, GH Warriors Of Rock (my first GH game) and Red Dead Redemption.

Celebrated the new job with a bit of a JB HiFi binge, picked up Spiderman trilogy, Sin City, 300, Shooter, Clerks, Superman Returns, Xmen trilogy, Hot Fuzz, Shaun Of The Dead, and a couple of other Blu Rays.

Christmas had brought a nice haul already from the missus, GH Warriors Of Rock (my first GH game) and Red Dead Redemption.

You're set for a while there, Tak.

Also clerks is all kinds of win

... I got myself a uni textbook that I'm looking forward to getting, even though I have an old edition of it.

It probably won't be here until after NYD.

... I got myself a uni textbook that I'm looking forward to getting, even though I have an old edition of it.

I got one of these http://www.elcaudio.com/images/Radiotron.jpg in mint condition a few years back.

Did the Barbie come with it?

:P

I think he was talking about the Barbie.....

=D

I got one of these http://www.elcaudio.com/images/Radiotron.jpg in mint condition a few years back.

Did the Barbie come with it?

:P

No............but I'm sure I've got some here.

I drink the beer and play with the Barbies because I can't read the book!

Been looking for a half depth car radio/MP3 player with SD card and USB input to replace my full depth one as it does not quite fit in the shallow hole in the dash of the Toyota Hilux.

Was looking for something else on Jaycar and came across this

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...mp;SUBCATID=909

Posted Image

So got two, one for me and one for my Brothers Toyota Dyna.

Just got to get time to pull the old one and fit the new one now.

Nice find on the Volvo Morgy, looks to be in slightly better nick than the red beast.

Thanks, and yes it's awesome find.

the yellow one I got will cost far too much to restore as a replacement body, Mark stumbled upon this one and pointed me to it.

Pile of trade paperbacks:

"Fables" vol. 9-13

"The Unwritten" vol. 1-2

"Locke & Key" vol. 2

"At The Mountains Of Madness" graphic novel

"Grandville" graphic novel

and of course, the Big Beastie.

I would've bought them all anyways, but let's call them Xmas pressies for the sake of this thread.

Wow nice find. It looks great except for the bumper bit ,which is easily fix. I really do have a soft spot for vintage cars, personally I wouldn't drive one myself but I do see the satisfaction one would get from owning one. I actually brought my self a car for christmas to (Well its my christmas present to myself for the next 5 years ha ha). Not as old as yours though in fact I chose a brand new one. I have been looking for a year now at types and whether to go second hand or new and such. And I finally made a decision to get a Mitsubishi Lancer SX.

Posted Image

Please note this not my car. Just a representation I found on the internet of what mine will look like. Linky

Yeah, nothing.

Most of my money went to presents.

Any that didn't go to presents goes to food and bills.

Any left after that goes towards this.