Morgoth

What present did you get yourself for Christmas?

got myself a bottle of Moet Chandon.

Figured I would check on what all the hype is on French Champagne.

I saw Mirror's Edge for $8, so I got that. Had a big birthday buy for myself, and since that was only last week I'd feel bad getting more things for myself.

P.S. I like it without the bumper.

'

I saw Mirror's Edge for $8, so I got that. Had a big birthday buy for myself, and since that was only last week I'd feel bad getting more things for myself.

P.S. I like it without the bumper.

'

The 1972 one looks great without bumpers because it had the smaller ones, which means the car was made without missing a chunk of metal that this black one is missing,

Posted Image

20cm Granite mortar and pestle... bastard kids wont want to drop this one lol... it weighs somewhere around 10-15kg :)

:)

Have a new 24" AOC wide screen on the way, oh and I think we have one heck of a test lab pretty much assembled, blade server based, should keep me out of mischief, or in it, depends on your point of view really, for most of 2011 :)

Cheers

Bought me a new bike

Posted Image

That, and I just bought a new house.

Posted Image

New mouse to replace my old Trusty G7. Fuck its wonderful. Bought myself 5-2tb drives aswell. SSD will come after christmas.

Posted Image

20cm Granite mortar and pestle... bastard kids wont want to drop this one lol... it weighs somewhere around 10-15kg :)

If they do you'll need a new child, not a new mortar and pestle.

unemployment

need help with a miracle

enough money to keep the boys from dropping around to break my kneecaps until this house sells and I get a job

anyone good for a loan?

any other ideas?

this is all I've got:

Dear Santa,

Could I please have a shiny, new job with enough money to get by and time enough to spend with my family?

Thanks,

Myra

ps... I've been good this year, you know I have... I haven't had any time or $ to be naughty :(

nothing.

I won't be getting any pressies from the missus and visa versa. More recently we tend to be 'buyers of opportunity'. That is, we buy what we want when we need it or when an awesome opportunity presents itself. I looked at some of the things I bought myself this year and thought there is no way I need/want/deserve anything else.

We will get a few stocking stuffers, a couple of blu rays we both want for example. But that will be it.

Congrats on the car dude :)

EDIT : Chin up Myra. Every job interview you go to is one closer to the one who will say yes.

Edited by Mac Dude

A block of Whittakers Creamy Milk Chocolate.

About all we could afford this year :(

Hopefully by next christmas, I'll have gotten over the craziness of a newborn (Due Jan 4), jwarren will be back at work, and my job will have had a pay rise.

I've never really been one for self gifting for occasions - I usually just buy things for myself when I want/need them.

I haven't bought much for the last several months saving up for cars and holidays next year.

Lets see...

I pretty much got nothing for myself, but my family is getting me a keyboard. they have been hinting at it for ages.

I pretty much also only spend money on other people around this time of year, especially since my GF's birthday was yesterday.

All I got for myself was a couple steam games and the Humble Indie Bundle :D

I spent a bunch of money on Book Depository:

Brightness Reef, David Brin

The Player of Games, Iain M. Banks

The Cider House Rules, John Irving

Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad

Candide, Voltaire

The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman, Louis De Bernieres

Senor Vivo and the Coca Lord, Louis De Bernieres

The War of Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts, Louis De Bernieres

Just a Geek: Unflinchingly Honest Tales of the Search for Life, Love, and Fulfillment Beyond the Starship Enterprise, Wil Wheaton

only thing i getting myself was my new i7 rig!

thats it...

Edited by jdog