Sign in to follow this  
mauler87

Realtek onboard port remapping (regedit)

Ok this took me a full day (I was tired =p) of troubleshooting to get this sorted.

I noticed after installing a new mobo that my centre speaker/channel was having a strange distortion when playing certain media/games, after much troubleshooting I found the centre onboard port was not functioning correctly on my "brand new" DFI LanParty DK P55-T3eH9.

Having downloaded the latest realtek HD drivers I couldn't get it to remap through the HD control panel like on my previous mobo (which is strange to say the least) so I went about forum trawling for the good portion of 2-3 hours to find a solution, and a solution is what I found.

Here's the links:

Windows 7 - Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX )

Vista - Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX )

Both have identical info aside from the fact that the win7 link has more feedback and troubleshooting. Now this can be used even if all your ports are working apparently but you only want stereo through multiple channels without having to emulate it VIA control pods etc... . And I found this significantly helpful as the auto-remapping through the Realtek HD control panel wasn't working for me. These forums are based on Vista/7 I didn't do any shuffling around to find XP fixes (sorry! =( ). Also to save you the hastle of going through the frustration of reading through all 14 pages I'm going to show exactly what fixed my setup even though I was using a different DevType_ than the OP of that fix topic. I found in the same reg entry of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\" that there was another folder with the DevType_ entry even though the reg search can only find the first one. So I did some digging through that other folder and found addition pin entries (onboard audio port locations). Through the process of elimination I deleted all the pin entries in both DevType_ folders after unplugging all my cords from the onboard audio jacks (pins ports etc... I'll just go with ports >.>).

After doing so I plugged in my centre/sub jack to the side speaker port, pressed F5 to refresh the regedit screen and voila!!! my pin showed up under Pin00 in the 2nd DevType_ folder (the one I found in 0009). After adjusting the binary data to output centre/sub channel sound through the side speaker port (Pin00 in the 2nd Devtype_ folder) I continued to replug in my other jacks to their proper ports and f5'd each time and entered the corresponding binary numbers. After doing so I f5'd again and went to check the original DevType_ folder to check if any pins had been added to the folder (since I deleted the previous ones) and there was nothing. So I created Binary values in the original DevType_ folder where the OP had originally outlined the changes to be made in the 0000 folder and reanmed them accordingly to the pin entries in the 2nd DevType_ folder I found in the 0009 folder and giving them the same binary values. I then closed regedit and rebooted and....HUZZAH! my channels are working with the remapping along with the basic windows HD driver, The Realtek HD driver and the Creative X-Fi software that came with the mobo. Now this post should be taken with a grain of salt as each system's registry entries will be different (like the pin locations in my DevType_ folders). But as long as you export your current registry (backup the registry) to a safe location on your HDD/SSD then you should not have a problem with exporting it back if you mess something up. I hope my problem troubleshooting helps any of you out there that are having similar difficulties with remapping onboard audio ports.

Cheers,

Rob.