Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

Darwin Awards

If they are made on new years day, this lot just made it!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...9-1225977238758

FIVE teenagers have been found dead in a motel room after it is believed they left a car running over night in a closed garage below the room.

Police believe carbon monoxide poisoning may have caused the deaths of five teenagers in a Hialeah, Florida, US motel room, WSVN-TV reported.

While authorities have yet to identify the victims, family and friends who arrived at the Presidente Hotel said they were teenagers aged between 17 and 19 who had checked into the motel to celebrate a birthday.

Part of the party who had left the night before told police that their friends had left a car below the room running because they were afraid they would not be able to start it the next morning.

LOL!

Speaking of Darwin.............

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...0-1225977018692

A woman jumped into a cab in Darwin, Australia, suggested to the driver that they have sex and when he declined, started kicking the car and then threw a bottle though the rear window, the Northern Territory News reported.

The paper quoted the cabdriver, who asked to be identified only as Dean, as saying, "If you saw the girl you'd have to be pretty desperate. She was a very big fat ugly woman, she got in the car and stunk it out."

Dean, 41, who is engaged to be married, said the woman got in his car outside a tavern Sunday night and asked him “Do you want to have sex?”

When he said he wasn’t interested, she began swearing, slammed the passenger door and started kicking the cab. Then she picked up a bottle and smashed the rear passenger window.

Police arrested the woman a short time later.

5 teenagers celebrating a birthday are dead. Hilarious.

Whilst not so hilarious, they do fit the award criteria. I thought you were too busy with the real world these days to carry that old stick.

If they are made on new years day, this lot just made it!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...9-1225977238758

FIVE teenagers have been found dead in a motel room after it is believed they left a car running over night in a closed garage below the room.

Police believe carbon monoxide poisoning may have caused the deaths of five teenagers in a Hialeah, Florida, US motel room, WSVN-TV reported.

While authorities have yet to identify the victims, family and friends who arrived at the Presidente Hotel said they were teenagers aged between 17 and 19 who had checked into the motel to celebrate a birthday.

Part of the party who had left the night before told police that their friends had left a car below the room running because they were afraid they would not be able to start it the next morning.

LOL!

Thats horible.

not having a go at anyone, but the fact that 5 teenagers died isn't funny :\ regardless of how it happened.

Plus it's by accident, who would have though exhaust gases could get through the floor, obviously there were connecting vents of some sort but who knows this stuff?

It's Florida.

It ain't that cold.

Plus it's by accident, who would have though exhaust gases could get through the floor, obviously there were connecting vents of some sort but who knows this stuff?

It's Florida.

It ain't that cold.

Why are you bringing up temperature?

I agree it was stupid. I don't think it's funny.

Unlike this!

It's Florida.

It ain't that cold.

Why are you bringing up temperature?

I agree it was stupid. I don't think it's funny.

Unlike this!

OK.

Point taken.

that's funny?

you guys are weird.......seriously

weird

:/

Although I don't think it fits the category for a darwin award. Isn't carbon minoxide poisoning pretty much unoticable? Like, you don't feel short of breath or anything. You just pass out and thats it

Edited by SlurmsMackenzie

Although I don't think it fits the category for a darwin award. Isn't carbon minoxide poisoning pretty much unoticable? Like, you don't feel short of breath or anything. You just pass out and thats it

Yep not really noticeable you just sort of fade out. Feel sleepy more than anything I suppose.

Yes I have had accidental non-lethal (obviously) CO poisoning and it is not unpleasant, the after effect headache is something else though.

Sodding agony.

Yep not really noticeable you just sort of fade out. Feel sleepy more than anything I suppose.

Yes I have had accidental non-lethal (obviously) CO poisoning and it is not unpleasant, the after effect headache is something else though.

Sodding agony.

Ain't that the truth.

Don't sniff the fumes coming off sweating gelignite either.

Another unsuccessful candidate:

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101229/ap_on_...s_frogger_wreck

Man playing real-life 'Frogger' hit by SUV

A man has been hospitalized after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game "Frogger."

Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9 p.m. Monday.

In the "Frogger" arcade game, players move frogs through traffic on a busy road and through a hazard-filled river. Before he was hit, police say the man had been discussing the game with his friends.

Chief Jimmy Dixon says the man yelled "go" and darted into oncoming traffic in the four-lane highway.

No charges are expected against the driver. The name of the man who was struck has not been released. He was in stable condition Monday night.

Yesterday driving through Mossman, there were three boys [ approx. age 12yrs ] testing their skate boards out - I'm guessing xmas presents, judging by the zeal and persistence in the boys behaviour .

Problem was they were using the pedestrian crossings that cut across the main thoroughfare of town.

On our first pass through town two of the lads had come a gutser on the crossing. Of course being conscious of holding the traffic up, they made extra falls trying not to get run over.

Fair enough I thought..." Lesson learnt, they'll go somewhere less hazardous to their health "....however, coming back on the otherside...lo and behold there they were again !!

Perhaps the camphor of the road is good for the boards...NFI :\

It's a country town, so generally not too much traffic. However, it's holiday time and the main road through to the Daintree etc.

I do wonder if they'll survive till next xmas !

Another unsuccessful candidate:

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101229/ap_on_...s_frogger_wreck

Man playing real-life 'Frogger' hit by SUV

A man has been hospitalized after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game "Frogger."

Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9 p.m. Monday.

In the "Frogger" arcade game, players move frogs through traffic on a busy road and through a hazard-filled river. Before he was hit, police say the man had been discussing the game with his friends.

Chief Jimmy Dixon says the man yelled "go" and darted into oncoming traffic in the four-lane highway.

No charges are expected against the driver. The name of the man who was struck has not been released. He was in stable condition Monday night.

See, now *that's* hilarious.

They would be a certain Darwin award winner if they slept in the garage but I dont see the stupidity in sleeping in another room.

The stupidity is, leaving a car running all night, just in case it doesn't start in the morning.