tunksy

Project: BLUE (NOT to be confused with Frunj's Project: RED)

Well I realised I should have put this up here before I started cutting up my pretty second hand 60 dollar case!

AIM: To improve case cooling capacity (bring on the water!) and enhance the function of the case, pretty simple right?

WHAT'S TO BE DONE:

- Cut routing holes in motherboard tray for cables. The tray is removeable but there is simply like nowhere to route and hide cables in this case (it's the only flaw I can think of!)

- Cut Radiator/ Fan mount in case roof. Gonna have a RX 480 radiator up there, yes it fits.. amazingly! As I bought this in impluse!

- Find somewhere to put some new USB, eSata, and headphone connectors! with how long the rad is the ones off the top are getting the chop! literally! (my attempt at humour there!)

- Im also thinking about some new power/reset buttons, mostly because I can but have to figure out where to put them and thenwhat to put in place of the old ones!

- Cut hole in side panel for UV blue acrylic window!

WATERCOOLING GEAR:

- XSPC Rasa

- XSPC 750/ pump/bay reservoir

- Liand DDC 3.2 with EK xtop V2 white or XSP res top (still deciding if I even need this now!)

- XSPC RX480 radiator

- 8x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000rpm fans, obviously these will be turned down as the rad should not need that much air flow being sub 8 FPI and all!

- PrimoFlex 3/8' blue UV tubing

- Koolroom Silver

- Blue CCFL's

HARDWARE:

- I7 870

- Gigabyte P55A-UD5

- Kingston HyperX 4GB 2000mhz RAM

- Samsung 1TB HDD

- SSD

- GTX570

(The GTX570 and SSD will be comming later).

PICS will be comming soon!

Edited by tunksy

Here is a PIC of the case that I found online, apologies for not taking one before hand!

Posted Image

gives you a pretty basic idea of the case!

Interesting, should get it annodised black :D

the case? its actually quite nice in silver its big yet somehow subtle!

Should be good :)

thanks! I hope so! wont be as hardcore as frunj's im not that skilled!

Looking forward to some pics tunsky, should be an awesome project.

thanks man! I'll be sure to take lots of pics!

looking forward to it!

bring on another Tunsky tm project!

+1 everything is better black

Whoa! I'm offended by that statement because I'm white!

In all seriousness, black or silver I think are the only way for cases, both can look good, but the silver must be brushed alu finish, black can get away without.

Thats sounds like an awesome mod! I've always wanted to do something like that, ever since I stumbled across million dollar pc.

Hope it all goes well. :)

In all seriousness, black or silver I think are the only way for cases, both can look good, but the silver must be brushed alu finish, black can get away without.

LOL yea my penis is big enough i dont need to get it andonised black to make it bigger! :P

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the rad mounted in there.

And for the on/off switch make it something cool looking ;)

yea the rad is gonna be a bitch it really only just fits haha lucky! as for on off switch i was thinking somehting like this, but I dont think it really matches the case. there is also a lian li 5.25 bay mount device that has usb3 esata and headphone jacks with a power on/off switch, but its only in black go figure. it also costs 60 bucks.

Posted Image

Thats sounds like an awesome mod! I've always wanted to do something like that, ever since I stumbled across million dollar pc.

Hope it all goes well. :)

thanks man! similar stuff has inspired me! its pretty daunting when I first started but once you get some practise in it all comes together nicely! I know its been said a bazillion times: but measure twice, cut once! Always works :P

looking forward to it!

bring on another Tunsky tm project!

missed you in all those replies! thanks man!

PICS will be up soon, motherboard tray has been cut, the hole for the window has also been done! quite nice if i say so myself! Also a pic of a new toy incomming!

Well while I wait on my order from GAM's this is about as much as i can do!

here is the little toy I was telling you about! sadly for those of you that were hoping, it's not a new GPU, so I'll still be complaining in every 'what card should I choose thread?'!

Posted Image

window pre cut: hopefully you can see some of the markings I did! NEED a new camera too!

Posted Image

window is cut! now I just need my 5m of U channel from GAM's!

Posted Image

motherboard tray all marked out and waiting to be cut!

Posted Image

quite please with how the motherboard tray turned out! lots of holes to rout cables through!

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats all folks!

Looking awesome mate! Wish i had G35s, my headsets screwed :(

No you dont they are a horrid head set.

Looking good!

Use a dremel to cut all that out?

yep got myself a dremel 300 a few weeks ago works a damn treat! used just one disc to cut all that lol the one I still had attached from my practise cuts on my old nzxt zero was tiiiiiny lol

thus far they are fucking awesome and very very cumfy. they sound very good, and I can voice morh into a little chipmunk which is just hilarious.

Looking good.

All this modding is motivating me slightly more lol!

yea man its fun! get off your butt and get to it, highly recomned it, its fun!

so far i think they're fantastic, my mates gamecom ones snapped cos his head was too big, was pretty lol. I got them at 40% off also.I cant remember the review, and im not actually home to look up one again, but what made them bad? cos yea, so far they're great and the software was dead easy to use also.

just got an Email from GAM's! m order has been shipped! so there should more updates soon! still waiting on that RX480 radiator though!

so far i think they're fantastic, my mates gamecom ones snapped cos his head was too big, was pretty lol. I got them at 40% off also.I cant remember the review, and im not actually home to look up one again, but what made them bad? cos yea, so far they're great and the software was dead easy to use also.

just got an Email from GAM's! m order has been shipped! so there should more updates soon! still waiting on that RX480 radiator though!

My current headset is a plantronics set from eb games (same brand as gamecoms) and mine and my buddys right speakers are screwed (doesent work most of the time when it does it fucking annoying because it flickers in and out constantly) so im probably not buying them again although the 777s look decent. Im buying watercooling instead of buying a new set though :P

Edited by brissmas

My current headset is a plantronics set from eb games (same brand as gamecoms) and mine and my buddys right speakers are screwed (doesent work most of the time when it does it fucking annoying because it flickers in and out constantly) so im probably not buying them again although the 777s look decent. Im buying watercooling instead of buying a new set though :P

thats pretty sad to hear, ive never herd anyhting bad about gamecom/plantronics really but I guess something has to go wrong somewhere, after all i dont blame the brand cos my friends head was to large :P agreed the 777 look very nice my other firend has them the sound really good and are pretty cumfy too! yes get watercooling man, its awesome! =) but get a new set too :P

BAHAHAHA, actualy you know what? I've always taken fancy to either gloss/matt white with neon blue light leaking out of the bottom and where the side panels come together. I have to say that looks fucking sexy, But so does black.

Conserning me being a black supremacist; Only my clothes are black below that, corpse white with an above average spanner.

Edited by Avliden

I never take interest in gaming headsets, mainly because I'm used to HD Sennheisers, so the lower specs would likely annoy me, though my sacrifice is no mic!

Nice chopping on the tray btw Tunsky!