tunksy

Project: BLUE (NOT to be confused with Frunj's Project: RED)

Here is a PIC of the case that I found online, apologies for not taking one before hand!

Posted Image

gives you a pretty basic idea of the case!

Hey that's my exact same case! D:

I'm keen to see how this all turns out. Should be awesome! :D

Looking awesome mate! Wish i had G35s, my headsets screwed :(

No you dont they are a horrid head set.

I never take interest in gaming headsets, mainly because I'm used to HD Sennheisers, so the lower specs would likely annoy me, though my sacrifice is no mic!

Nice chopping on the tray btw Tunsky!

ahh yes HD Sennheisers. sadly I could never justify the price just for a headset, but yes they are very very nice. One of the guys at the lan i got to buys the best of everything so naturally he has a pair lol

lest the G35's match my G15 and G9 :P

and thanks, im quite proud of the motherboard tray! but fuck im glad all the cuts were straight lol! I was like zomg im cutting a lian li! lol

@raradawg, its an awesome case ey! and the newer versions of it dont differ too much! hoefully I'll do it proud!

Tooless and something else. =/

I do agree with the cable management, but the case is so damn roomy anyway.

The only reason I wanted a case that big, because I thought graphic cards are just getting bigger, so I thought I'd keep it for another 10 years. :P

Tooless and something else. =/

I do agree with the cable management, but the case is so damn roomy anyway.

The only reason I wanted a case that big, because I thought graphic cards are just getting bigger, so I thought I'd keep it for another 10 years. :P

yea its bloody roomy as, and the mobo tray can be removed but really its would be hard to hide the cables, apart from stuffing them below the line of the window im putting in (but that will just annoy me!)

haha yea makes you wonder ey, its would fit a truly monsterous GPU in there piece of cake

Got my package from GAM's today, photos should be up later if I dont end up playing games with my mates :)

-5m of u-channel

- XSPC 750 pump bay res

- black hexx 480 rad grill :D

got the day for tomorrow, so I should get the rad grill cut done!

edit: still waiting on my RX480 rad from that guy on ocau... grrr

Edited by tunksy

well finally marked out the radiator cut late this arvo (with much thanks to dasa for his advice!) and the top is now half cut! update should come tomorrow after work with pretty much everything complete apart from actually having a system in the case!

came up with another idea for a mod to this case today! I was looking at the back up the top (where you can mount another PSU) and figured its almost the exact same width as a 5.25' inch bay, so maybe I could fit a new lamptron touch fan controller in the back under there to control some of these ultra kaze's on the radiator! what do you guys think!?

edit: 6 channels at 30w each

Edited by tunksy

The Fan controller looks pretty good if the UKs can be controlled on the 30w channel.

thats what im hoping lol! I tawt I saw 60w fan controller somewhere but cant find it now lol

I have one of these fan controllers that I bought for my new build, turns out I won't be using it. Willing to sell it to you if you're interested.

I have one of these fan controllers that I bought for my new build, turns out I won't be using it. Willing to sell it to you if you're interested.

im intrested mate but I dont think that would be powerful enough, its only 10w a channel :) but thanks for the offer! I think I got my rad today! (im looking ta a nice cardboard box!)

well there are a couple of issues, firstly, I do not like the paint job on the xspc (its not bad I just like gloss more lol) secondly and most importantly, it uses M3 threads. so im not sure what I want to do, buy new screws or buy a new blackice GTX480... hmmm. the blackice will take better advantage of those ultra kazes. so I guess its more logical to go that way! is anyone wanting to buy a radiator!?

edit: gonna buy some new silent fans and some M3 screws, fuck getting another rad, this is cheaper lol! so noiseblokers or some geild UV blue fans? (which match the build more i spose :P)

Edited by tunksy

- Find somewhere to put some new USB, eSata, and headphone connectors! with how long the rad is the ones off the top are getting the chop! literally! (my attempt at humour there!)

Why not pick up one of these? It has a two channel fan controller too!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=13636

Looks like a top build though mate!

- Find somewhere to put some new USB, eSata, and headphone connectors! with how long the rad is the ones off the top are getting the chop! literally! (my attempt at humour there!)

Why not pick up one of these? It has a two channel fan controller too!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=13636

Looks like a top build though mate!

thanks mate nice suggestion if only it came in silver, i also have no 3.5' external drive bays, I think i have an idea for the usb, headphone issues.... but thats a secret for now

10W per channel should be ok with noiseblockers? ;)

Typical fans are about 3W, so you could bung up to 3 on one channel or something.

Send me a PM if you're interested in the controller.

How many fans you need to control?

And yeah, stuff getting another rad. I had a similar problem, I found that the rads I got had 6-32 screw threads in em, so had to buy some screws from USA as all Aus stores are metric screws :(

Edited by mark84

I figure if I went with noise blockers i wouldnt need a fan controller cause they'd already run fairly quiet. The Geild UV blue fans come with a fan controller similar to a Zalman Fan mate so again not much point with them either. what a pinta, oh well. my eagerness to get this build done will just keep growing i spose!

edit: if only people on atomic would buy shit! :P

Edited by tunksy

not that anyone is intrested but updates should be up thursday been really busy with my jobs :P

so am i! (something to keep me sane if im holed up in my house)

Edited by jdog

not sure i have posted in here yet but definitely interested and keeping a close eye on your progress :)

Im interested :)

so am i! (something to keep me sane if im holed up in my house)

not sure i have posted in here yet but definitely interested and keeping a close eye on your progress :)

haha you guys, i was playing ive just been fucking lazy the last two days with work, its finally cooled down so the pool wont be as busy and woolies shouldnt be too bad either which means i can rest and get shit done, hopefully tomorrow! seems i sold my P55 GD80 and some UK's so ill have some money i can put towards a new part or a bday pressie for my gf ;P thanks for you're intrest guys it really keep me going, doing work like this is quite rewarding.

also, someone at the pool got some maningicockal diesease so im getting a blood test today :P yay. (and yes I know its spelt wrong! lol it was on purpose).

until then, same time, same batcahnnel. :)

UPDATES!!!

later tonight haha had you!!! :P

ad I bought myself a little pressie, hopefully it'll be here in a few days!