Sign in to follow this  
neX

StarCraft GSL is On!

Not much chatter here about SC2 (hopefully will change when I announce the 2v2 tournament) but the 2011 GSL Tour has started for Code S (Sponsorship League).

Its a great format and the streams from Korea are much improved - no lag at all - and the best thing it is cheap for the premium service - US$10!

Get on to http://gomtv.net and support the biggest eSports league in the world.

http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors1/prem...one/Service.php (there are no ads at the moment as they have not sorted all that shizzle out as yet)

Seems as though the SC2 scene here has died a little :(

Regardless, the first three days of competition have been awesome in the GSL. Specifically last nights Group C match between SlayerSBoxer and oGsHyperdub (Terran v Terran) - truly epic!

Catch my game summaries and results at http://siliconsports.net

Ive been playing the US server lately as there is a billion people playing on it. Havent seen anyone else.

I also have GT5 to get through so playing both has been full on.

Good to see u again nex :)

I do play SC2 alot, but I'm not good enough to be competitive yet. Played around 30 matches online, maintaining over a 1:1 win/loss ratio so far, many losses due to ragequits and nub team mates, but that attributes to a few wins too, so it evens out.

I play only zerg at the moment.

bronze 2on2

gold 3on3

silver 4on4

Hoping to improve soon, my micro is shot from playing 6 years of online NWN competitively, where you just control yourself and order a pvp team around haha

I will get onto NA one day - having fun on the SEA server still - we still need to do some 2v2 ranking games neg!

morgoth, add me in game I dont think I have you on my list.

Most of my time is making instructional vids for the achievements and sp but am enjoying the mp scene as well - I am almost a little apprehensive getting on there some time lol.

There are some great games going on in the GSL.

Tonight, sanZenith (I should say sadZenith) got cheesed twice and was out of both games in close to 5 minutes - was to be expected in a gorup full of the same team - oGs!

You can catch my match summaries on http://siliconsports.net

Edited by neX

Hey Dudes, add me in SC2 :)

TinBane (634)

Bronze ranked on SEA in 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4.

I'm finding I much prefer team battles to 1v1, where the games tend to favour more macro, and more unit build-up.

1v1 I find you both try and decisively shut down the other guy, and a lot of the time it comes down to whose units counter their enemies'

Of course, when you get near the top in bronze 2v2, you run into that issue where the 'team balance' system will lob you in with a total and utter noob, against two mid-bronze players. So you get droppers, and people who go terran but don't know what MMM is on your team.

I'm by no means pro, not even terribly good, but even when prodded some people won't push out enough units.

Edited by TinBane

For sure, will add you tonight. Am looking for a partner for 2v2 - yet to find anyone who wants to go past the five placement matches :(

I am really enjoying 2v2 though. Like you I am no pro, I just love the game and want to play.

Yeah, I much prefer 2v2 to 1v1.

I've played probably 50 2v2 matches, all up.

I much prefer to have someone to share a win with, rather than try and hog the glory.

I'm also the kind of guy happy to expend energy forcing the enemy into an unfavourable tech switch, or helping a partner macro.

To me, the fact that in 2v2 you can have one person do an all-in defensive gambit, to cover a killer ally-attack is why it's exciting. To hold off two guys while your mate masses VR devastation, or takes over half the map.

That's where you get those real starcraft memories, for me, not 1v1.

+1 again, i love anything but 1on1

I'm #3 in my bronze division for 2on2, but im far from good at this game yet.

Somehow the placement matches put me in gold 3on3, so I'm not gonna bother with that yet

And I'm playing silver 4on4, some matches are easier, some are ridiculous

I'm at home when GSL is played here so i watch it everyday =D. The games yesterday were awesome!

Most of my games are 3v3 and 4v4 on SC2. I've played a few 1v1's, but it's so much more stressful and people tend to rush all the time which is annoying, because i can stop the rush, but the game is shit boring! I need long games so i can bring out Ultralisks! One thing i have noticed is that in Platinum 4v4 most people just do one base all ins, everytime! So me and my mates just bunker our selves in for the first 10 minutes and we win the game because the other team doesn't have a clue how to play with higher tier units.

GSL has started RIGHT NOW! by the way ;).

Edited by smakme7757

I watched IdrA v Jinro yesterday, not a bad match. I look forward to the rounds where they have to play on more than one map though.

I still play sc2 occasionally, but mostly on the US server. I also prefer watching it to playing, 1v1 gets pretty stressful haha.

I watched IdrA v Jinro yesterday, not a bad match. I look forward to the rounds where they have to play on more than one map though.

I still play sc2 occasionally, but mostly on the US server. I also prefer watching it to playing, 1v1 gets pretty stressful haha.

You should have seen Jinro's final match against the other Terran. It went for nearly 50 minutes with pretty much all minirals mined out. A fantastic match!

Mort

(586)

That’s me I play a fair bit and would love more people to play with!

I am bronze, bronze, not ranked and gold(4v4 FTW)

I love anything I will even be happy to play 1v1

Played till 3am with my mate this morning great fun to be had on a rainy day (Will probably do same tonight)

You will also see me in a few custom games that is most likly my brother

This is for NA I don't play much on SEA

Definitely check out Jinro v Ensnare (third match) from Tuesday night. FKN EPIC! So much was riding on it and it was just brilliant to watch and see Jinro through to the end.

That group had the best games by far - I am still writing my review for it...

After this weekend I will be ingame playing a bit more after work so, hopefully will see you guys on there at some stage (SEA).

I'm in SEA. How do you play NA instead?

Is there any real benefit to playing NA?

There are alot more players. (Good bad maybe more noobs Idk)

I think I went to NA because of the custom matchers (Easier to find people for the one I used to like)

I still use SEA for practise

Mort 194 [You will see me on that tonight as I am gona practise with a mate come join us!]

I guess you could move to NA if you're sick of played your arse off in a higher league and wish to start again and pwn noobs like a jackass.

Did some 1v1 laddering last night. Lost the first two then won five straight - and got the hot streak 5 award - yay. Silver here I come!

NA can be accessed by adding it in your http://battle.net account. I prefer NA, due to more players, access to more custom maps and also I get a better connection for some reason.

Big game on tonight - the only white guys good enough to make it into the GSL are facing off (again) for a spot in the semifinals. My bet is on Jinro (Terran) but IdrA would be a worthy player as well to advance (Zerg).

This is the only flaw in the current season of the GSL - these guys were in the same initial group int he round of 32 and should only meet again in the final not beforehand.

NA can be accessed by adding it in your http://battle.net account. I prefer NA, due to more players, access to more custom maps and also I get a better connection for some reason.

I tried the NA server last night

Lost my second 2on2 match, oh lets look at one of the enemies profile, yep 2k diamond 2on2 player -_-

Jinro is awesome to watch.

Last night I had a good game.

Bronze level 2v2 (LOL).

I went zerg, allied with protoss, vs double zerg.

I scouted them, and let my ally know they were going 6poolX2. all he did was make proton cannons. They hit my base JUST in time to kill my 2Xspine crawlers and wipe me out except for 2zerglings 2overlords.

After swearing at my ally a bit, I ran into his base, and destroyed the pylon next to his forge (he had 3 PCs up at the front of his base). He ragequit, and I took over. I foritifed up, and teched like MAD for VRs. The 6pool had undercooked the zerg economies. In a few minutes i had enough VRs out to take my natural expansion. I scouted the map. They hadn't expanded beyond their naturals, and they hadn't pressured me.

No anti-air, they were all banelings, zerglings, and roaches. I attacked their first base, and they attempted to make it a base rush on my base. They broke through the PC line, but I kept 3 VRs that were just made, to wipe them out, then replaced the PC line. Lost only one starport. In return, I wiped both their mains, and sent them back to basics. They spread out everywhere. I spent the next 15 minutes finding their fledgling bases and wiping them out one by one.

Absolute white-wash. And all because they thought a 1v2 was a predefined outcome.

Afterwards, I found they were friends working together, not randoms like I was... :)