Juggalo Scrub

Your Goals for 2011

Figured I'd check in with an update.

For the first time in Dog knows how long, i'm under 100kg. Held off saying anything about it until I could confirm it wasn't just water, so i've been under 100 for a few days now. High 98's currently. Its good to know i've only got another 3 and a bit kg before reach my pass mark.

Of my other goals (stated and unstated here), i'm not any closer to my certs than I was when i posted this, but i've not been focussing on it that much. I have been utilising my skills in a live environment, but haven't done much by the way of additional study.

Language wise, the Thai is coming along slowly but surely.

How are you guys going with yours?

Well, my goals are fairly easily attained, just a matter of making an effort.

Move to Newcastle area; has been a semi-want for a while, but work in the Hunter for IT Admins has never been that easy to find (until now).

I have an interview on the 10th so here's hoping it goes well.

I want to get to about 90kg, which is a loss of about 40kg, is going to be hard as a fair heap of my weight is in my legs as muscle, which even if I just had a 6 month coma, I'd still be fat... and then less muscly, which is not ideal.

Provided this move to Newy goes ahead, I will probably look at a home gym option so I can rock out to tunes and get some exercise.

Other than that,. I have no real goals for the year.

Finally got the time to get all the gear to upgrade my bike back to working quality yesterday, so I expect to be on the road to pre-ex-girlfriend weight very soon. Also looks like my manager's gonna help me out if I want to get on the business support/provisioning/service delivery track so I'm seriously going to look into that.

My savings are beginning to accumulate for a change, so I'm thinking a holiday'll definitely be viable. I just need to find out if my friends are definitely going to the States or whether I should focus on Europe instead. Also thinking of hitting up NZ for the World Cup which would definitely be within my power.

Writing is going ahead at a snail's pace, but it's going ahead!

Just checking in again.

I have commenced studying to complete my first couple of DBA exams. I'm also commencing my MCSE at the request of my manager, who says that there will be a few positions opening that require a MCSE, or someone showing they are on the path to obtain it.

But thats not what this is about, is it.

Depending on who you fight under, I've gone down either 1 weight division (Super Heavyweight to Heavyweight - IKF and WMC), or 2 weight divisions (Super Heavyweight, Heavyweight, to Super Cruiserweight - WBC Muay Thai).

I'm officially down to 94kg, which means that i've hit my first real weight goal (being under 100kg was a milestone, but wasn't a real goal I was working towards) of weighing in at under 95kg.

I've got a big weekend ahead of me, but given that I held off making the announcement until I was able to maintain 94 for a day or two, I reckon I should be ok. :)

I've also got a fairly punishing week ahead of me training wise. All of the ice packs are primed and ready to go, so heres hoping to < 90kg by the end of March.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

- Getting awesome grades and transferring into a double degree!

- Become more disciplined.

I had 'get a job', but I've got one now. :D

Well my big plan for 2011 is actually happening and thats the trip to Canada, first time oversea's so a lot to organise and save for. But 20 days to see the east coast of the country and meet some fantastic people. I have friends over there, some very close that I'm meeting for the first time, others that I met wheile they were on holiday over here. (20 days in August)

The only other thing will be the thought of, its time to get myself a car at the end of the year.

:)

A lot of weight concerns in this thread - I dunno, I have an odd metabolism, doesn't matter what I eat or don't I'm always 85 kg and 6 foot (in the old money.) Except for three weeks last year when I followed my partner along on the weigh-it up program - she lost 3 kg, I put on two, in other words diets don't work for me, shed them in a week, by getting off the diet :) Must be junk food guys, something I almost never touch except this week, moving house, in 38C heat, no time to cook, aching to get back to the kitchen, but sweating this much, I'm still, 85 kg.

I have some data centres to build, six by years end is the goal, first one the kit is ordered, second on track and DR in train. Taken three years, but now getting there.

I'm getting married, and as mentioned, moving house, that last will be done this week, marriage is 8 July for sentimental reasons, both our father's are dead, but 8 July was their shared birthday.

I thought, shit, that I had to go do some real exercise, something I never do unless someone pays me to do it and that's been a long time, but building DCs and moving house is interesting, back to fit :)

(That really was interesting actually, all the aches and pains of living a cerebral life sitting at the keyboard sorting out DCs went away when I was suddenly actually doing it not planning it. I thought my age was starting to hit me, 59 this year, but no, just had to start moving :) )

I have a house to sort of renovate/restore, by moving I mean moving back to a house I have owned for a decade, and has been neglected a lot of that time. But, that is well in train with painting done, garden's tidy and simple plans for when it cools down.

Come hell or high water I WILL be at my mother's 80th in August, the old girl is still kicking along, still doing too much, still operating on a BP that is ridiculous, a cholesterol level that would block a drain and having a cataract op this week, but still drives, very well, and runs a craft centre one day a week, amazing. I hope I'm like that at her age.

I ache to be back in the sky cutting loose, but I think that is 2012.

Otherwise, just living as usual :)

Cheers

GTL motherfuckers.

I mean, Uni, work, my business, and stay single for 12 months :)

1 - Try not to die

Yea, I'm used to setting the bar fairly low when it comes to new years resolutions :P

-X

18kg and a little over $1000 lighter.

I just paid for my ticket to Thailand. The fight is on.

Well dude, break a leg! (not yours).

I have now moved to the hunter, got a job and am losing weight slowly...

Lost about 9 kg so far, just with healthy eating and fresh air, haven't started an exercise regime yet as I haven't had much spare time, might go for a walk this arvo while I wait for the car to be fixed.