Sign in to follow this  
smakme7757

i7-2600k @ 5.3Ghz

Well, 5288Ghz - BCLK is at 99.8 for some reason. Hyper Threading is ON.

Anyhow i'm going to try and do a vantage run and see how i go, but for the mean time here is SuperPI Mod 1.5 1MB. I'm not game to go any higher on the chip as i'm satisfied with 5.3Ghz. I posted at 5.5Ghz, but then i got a Bsod so it wanted more Vcore, but i'm too scared to give it more!

Posted Image

3DMark vantage

Posted Image

Edited by smakme7757

i knew this day would come ive lost my top spot :( can you post your score in our super p.i thread plz.

ive had it for a while and dont think i will get it back for a long long time now as im going to keep my 980x for a while.

i cant believe how well these chips clock !!

intel is really giving it to amd from all angles (in a dirty context).

congrats dude.

Aweosme clock speed mate. That super PI score is amazing! Cant wait to see what those LN2 guys can do.

I've heard of testers frying their SB chips after taking them past 5GHz running a full bore prime95 stress test

Just cautioning you.

I've heard of testers frying their SB chips after taking them past 5GHz running a full bore prime95 stress test

Just cautioning you.

me to, also heard that electron migration happens really quickly in these chips after ~1.3vcore

I've been on extreme forums for the last few days so i was aware of the danger, but who in their right mind would buy a 2600K and limit themselves to 1.3vcore? Who would buy a 2600K and not want to get 5Ghz; even just once? 5Ghz has become the new 4Ghz. I appreciate the concerns guys and i didn't push past 5.3Ghz because of the chip wanting more voltage. Most people seem to be using 1.55v+ to get to 5.5-5.6, but i think 5.3Ghz is a decent effort without totally going overboard.

Needless to say it's a fucking imrpessive chip!

Sick Bro. Tempted to replace my current rig with sandy but Im going to wait for LGA2011

im so tempted to go out and buy a mobo+ i7 sandy bridge and ram for an upgrade but ive just spent some money upgrading from an Asus Striker to a p5q to get a better overclock on the Q6600 lol.

I've been on extreme forums for the last few days so i was aware of the danger, but who in their right mind would buy a 2600K and limit themselves to 1.3vcore? Who would buy a 2600K and not want to get 5Ghz; even just once? 5Ghz has become the new 4Ghz. I appreciate the concerns guys and i didn't push past 5.3Ghz because of the chip wanting more voltage. Most people seem to be using 1.55v+ to get to 5.5-5.6, but i think 5.3Ghz is a decent effort without totally going overboard.

pretty sweet overclock, have you decided at what your gonna run at 24/7?

pretty sweet overclock, have you decided at what your gonna run at 24/7?

I think i'll just keep the CPU at 4Ghz. It uses so little voltage and i've been running it for quite a while. I did a quick 15min LinX stress test and it seems ok. I'll do a proper stress tonight, here is a pic:

Posted Image

See how high you can go on stock voltage, that would be the sweet spot for 24/7 I reckon :P

I'm now at 4.5Ghz with 1.255v (1.23v in windows). Just a small bump over stock voltage which is 1.230 so it seems like a nice place to keep my 24/7 overclock. It's funny how people said these chips were crippled overclocking wise. I'm running the memory at 1866 as well over 1600Mhz with 9-10-9-24 1T timings.

It's such a nice chip, so happy!

See how high you can go on stock voltage, that would be the sweet spot for 24/7 I reckon :P

I'm now at 4.5Ghz with 1.255v (1.23v in windows). Just a small bump over stock voltage which is 1.230 so it seems like a nice place to keep my 24/7 overclock. It's funny how people said these chips were crippled overclocking wise. I'm running the memory at 1866 as well over 1600Mhz with 9-10-9-24 1T timings.

It's such a nice chip, so happy!

When people said "crippled" they were referring to the non-K parts. Really, Intel should have unlocked all their parts since the bclk is for all intents and purposes a constant.

When people said "crippled" they were referring to the non-K parts. Really, Intel should have unlocked all their parts since the bclk is for all intents and purposes a constant.

Yea i'm not a big fan of them locking the BCLK, but considering why it's locked then i understand why they did it. Either way the K chips really dominate (the price premium is peanuts!) and the 2600K is only really contested by the 980X which just goes to show how good it is. I haven't spent much time looking at the 2500K, but from the overclocks being posted on other forums it seems like a winner as well. The shift from the Q9450 to the 2600K is like night and day, it's just that good!

I can only imagine the performance on the 6 and 8 core models on the 2011 platform although I'd presume they will be released at premium prices, much higher than the 1155 launch. So i'm looking forward to that. Sure Bulldozer is on it's way, but only time will tell if it can keep up.

well done mate!

5ghz is crazy!

but i wonder if it can only be done on a few chips....

still blooody impressive!

dejavu? :P

Yeah you'd think they would have learnt the first time.

Lol back to the old foxcon socket. Got links to pics or anything?

Thanks man

Posted Image

Yep thats socket burn. Should look into using the lotus sockets that EVGA does :)

Edited by mudg3

Heres some more socket burn for ya 1.55v in bios which became 1.58v in windows:

Posted Image

I could have lowered the voltage if i played around with it a bit more, but the main goal was to run Super PI 1M and 32M and then get out lol. I still think the chip has more in it, but have a feeling i'm already treading very close to the end of that line i shouldn't step over....

Yeah 1.55 -1.6 is scary territory man. I wouldn't be pushing it anymore if I were you.

Yeah 1.55 -1.6 is scary territory man. I wouldn't be pushing it anymore if I were you.

on 32nm thats like what 1.8-1.9vcore is to 45nm