Sign in to follow this  
smakme7757

i7-2600k @ 5.3Ghz

Upon some reading, looks like don't exceed 1.375v if you want to 'play safe'. But I see no problem in testing, some chips die with little to no punishment, some can withstand heaps.

I have been reading the overclocking is a bit different , and with the p67 bios boards are not spot on yet .

I have seen vantage with a cpu score of 77k .

But the new chips do look impressive

BTW, doing 5.5 on less than 1.6v is a nice chip compared to quite alot of sandys, from what I've been reading up

hey smak have you disabled load line cal ?

Nope, left it on level 2.

I might also let everyone know i'm well aware of the voltage limits which are floating around the internet. Intel states a maximum of 1.52v (Maximum not being safe maximum i might add) in their datasheet and some other people claim 1.35v and other people claim 1.37v is safe. Either way before i got the chip i'd already decided to really hammer it. Needless to say the results are extremely impressive. Should the chip die, then ah well. I'll buy a new one. It's been extremely fun benching this chip and it's a guilty pleasure, but extremely fun!

Here was a nice run in 3DMark 2001 SE

Posted Image

It's a pitty my ram won't overclock higher :(. I've seen a run from Dinos22 who i think is a member here and he has an extermely awesome 2001se score. I've entered this competition here at HWbot.org http://hwbot.org/competition/hoc_jan11 and i'm currently in 15th place (jackbrennan2008) although i can't push my ssytem faster so i think i'll drop off the top 20 list soon. It's been awesome fun though. Most other entries have ram runing at 2000Mhz+ which i don't have, so i don't really have a chance at getting better scores. Awesome fun though :).

Here is my HWbot page as well. Got 4th for a single GTX 580 =D

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2111...80_117700_marks

Edited by smakme7757