GlennsPref

How do I stop flies drowning in my wine before I drink it.

Hi, I don't hang out here much, last time I got flamed.

But do any of you know how I can get my wine before the flys do.

They really aren't crunchy enough to be enjoyable and I hate to see them crawling around until they are sober enough to fly again.

Any tips, except fot screening off my room (like "the boy in the bubble", John Travolta movie)

Cheers Glenn.

Sorry, Up here it's only thursday , But I've started the friday beers session 24 hours early.

;-)

Take a dump in the corner of the room.

That'll keep the blowies otherwise occupied for hours, allowing you to enjoy your cheese and beverages in peace.

Thank you all, lol.

I thought I was missing something,

The next issue is the coffee pot, the flies just can't stay away. What do you think?

Glenn

Get one of those anti-fly screen things you can put over food. Like an upside down bowl or whatever they call them.

A pool fence, lol.

72. LOVING THE SELF

The sage retains a sense of awe, and of propriety.

He does not intrude into others' homes;

does not harass them,

nor interfere without request,

unless they damage others.

So it is that they return to him.

'Though the sage knows himself

he makes no show of it;

he has self-respect, but is not arrogant,

for he develops the ability to let go of that

which he no longer needs.

I'm still wondering why they(the flys are attracted to my coffee pot.

I'm still wondering why they(the flys are attracted to my coffee pot.

Maybe you buy shit coffee?

I can see why flies would have a strong attraction to coffee. If I only had 2 or so weeks to live I wouldn't want to waste any of it by sleeping.

:)

To be serious for a second this little problem is the origin of tapas, food placed over the glass. Never quite figured it out, you'd think they'd just go for the food, but if it's that bad a food fly cover is about your only option.

Personally I'd bomb the house with those powerful insect killers then keep the little buggers out, wash all your crockery and cutlery afterwards though.

Cheers

Take a dump in the corner of the room.

That'll keep the blowies otherwise occupied for hours, allowing you to enjoy your cheese and beverages in peace.

Crude, but probably most effective.

Thank you all, lol.

I thought I was missing something,

The next issue is the coffee pot, the flies just can't stay away. What do you think?

Glenn

Don't know, but somehow I think Rybags might have solved the problem for where ever it is the flies are annoying you.

A nose peg would be a good thing to add to your next shopping list too :)

Thus is the origin of tapas.

Originally those crazy spanieards used bits of bread to stop flys getting in thier beer. Then there started to be little bits of food on top of ye olde bread. And then tapas bars and the many many shoddy pieces of crap that claim to be tapas bars overtook the world.

In other words: Drink beer. It makes you smarter.

-X

Seems to be more Portuguese these days, but no doubt it originated in Spain.

Cheers

The added bonus of my idea is that if the coffee is bad, nobody will notice.

Leaving a crap in the room is just going to attract more flies to the room. They wont just stay over in that dirty corner, they like to fly around and shag and brag.

Drinking beer is an awesome answer. But sometimes you need to venture away from the teet and experience those fruit juice abominations they call wine. (30 seconds is probably enough)

Coffee pot? Sorry man, I'm lost there. My best advice is go with Fredzfrogs advice and drink beer.

Though flies are attracted to blacks and other colours. Maybe you need to paint your coffee pot in camo. Maybe it needs more tequila. Maybe it just needs a darn good cleansing.

Whatever the solution, be confident that I have beer and that means the world is where it should be.

Peace out.

3 things that work.

1. those colorful fly stickers that look like flowers. Stick em on the frames of the windows, or the glass if you have slats.

2. Flypaper. Hang one of them at each window, they're sweet and work a charm.

3. Those 'automatic insect sprayer', but the outdoor one to use inside, its a little stronger and it sprays upward so you can place it on the floor in the middle of the room.

Other ideas:

Venus fly traps? They're damn awesome plants to take care of.

Water fly traps? Sugar water in a tube, they're meant to work much like fly paper

incense? They work like smoking the room, no insects are ever around if i light a stick

Otherwise, spare coaster to cover the cup, or make 'half a cup' cover. Doesnt limit drinking, but does limit the area flies have to get in.

Soak a piece of flyscreen in sanitiser, and then fold it over the top of the glass and hold in place with your hand. Liquid can get out as you go to drink it, but bastard flies can't get in anymore! Win Win in my books!

don't leave empty booze bottles hanging around, and rinse the food off your plates/utensils, don't leave anything hanging around for the little fuckers to eat.......I get the odd one or two cruising through, but never had 'em going for my beer - maybe you should give the wine a miss, and just drink beer?

the only problem that I've found with drinking beer, is that it keeps running out.......

no flies on me.

:P

Hi, Thanks for your thoughts, a lot of those tactics I already use.

Our house is clean enough, maybe not for a baby to crawl around (been there) but we don't get colds and flu's.

My problem with beer is it runs out too quickly, as well.

I prefer XXXX bitter, but it gets expensive per session.

The coffee I get is Vittoria Italian Blend (granules), and I prefer it to any other. Hence to use of a coffee pot.

I guess I could use a travel mug for the wine, a cup is a cup afterall.

I think I'll write to Dr Carl for a scientific answer. Not that I really require one.

I was more wondering if it was just me, or what!

Thank you all.

Regards Glenn