The Fuzz damn you!

Duke Nukem Forever trailer

Crude, cheesy humour, plenty of hilarious censorship, violence galore. This is a definite purchase for me, however bad it is. This is a little piece of modern-day videogaming history. The only question is: come May 9, how easy is it going to be to get an uncensored version?

Edited by The Fuzz damn you!

Well it's about goddamn time they set a DEFINITE release date :P

After all, we've been waiting for over 12 years, a few months wouldn't hurt anyone.

Just saw the trailer, the Duke is DEFINITELY back.

Insta-purchase for me too Fuzz :)

Edited by krispy89

…how easy is it going to be to get an uncensored version?

Knowing our luck the uncensored version will probably get an R18+ classification. So it'll be entirely made of unobtainium.

Knowing our luck the uncensored version will probably get an R18+ classification. So it'll be entirely made of unobtainium.

http://bcove.me/isv9muoe

why I have to go looking for this?

AWSUM way to make you want to get and forget 12 years

Not entirely. There are plenty of people in Australia playing the uncensored Left4Dead 2. Like me, for instance. For me, it's just a matter of how tightly Steam clamps down on Aussies using US Steam accounts. For others, it's a matter of whether or not customs actually checks their import.

I'd heard it'd been taken over by a different group, but I certainly didn't expect the release to be a few months away.

Hopefully it lives up to expectations. I'll be grabbing it anyway, but that was one of my most played games as a kid :p

Instant purchase for me as well, Aus purchase vs import will depend on a number of factors... r18 is the main one... but the quesion of collectors editions will be another...

becuase ive never played the orginal is it worth buying this when it is realeased?

it does sound like a lot of fun though!

becuase ive never played the orginal is it worth buying this when it is realeased?

Ask us again when May comes around, but judging by initial impressions, it seems like it'll be worth buying it. But a lot of factors contribute as to whether or not it's feasible to buy it here.

It depends on what rating it gets, if it will be censored in Australia etc.

I'll believe it when I see it on a shelf.

My words exactly. I've been made a monkey of before by that title.

I want one thing from this game, and one thing only. It's something simple, something that devs have been getting right since Doom days. Something that for reasons surpassing human understanding, has been fucked up regularly for the last 12 months and is singlehandedly responsible for killing my interest in gaming.

Please, PLEASE, get the mouse movement right. If this game suffers the same negative acceleration issues that have plagued every other fucking game released in the last year, I'm going to get really quite angry.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to make a pledge right here. I've been fucked up the arse for the last year by devs who think that relative thumbstick input translates to mouse linearity, and I'm getting sick of buying a game only to find it unplayable. I don't even want to know how much money I've thrown away on dodgy ports.

So, I'm going to buy this game, in whatever manner of fancy collector's edition I can find it in. (Because regardless of the game itself, I do like a nice looking box.) If this game, after all this time, presents me with erratic mouse movement, I'm going to stop buying PC games altogether and go full on fucking pirate, torrenting everything in sight and buying only those choice few that prove themselves. I know it's not a popular view around here, and I know as well as you do that piracy is the reason we're being fed this rubbish in the first place. But I simply can't stomach spending any more money on games I play for ten minutes and put down in disgust.

Of all the games I've looked forward to the last few years, I'm really staking a lot on this one justifying my faith in the PC platform. If a game with Duke's pedigree lets me down, I'm just not going to have anywhere left to turn. I'll take up the try-before-I-buy approach, and make my decisions that way.

I guess I really AM betting on Duke.

I'm the same man.

There's just some games that I've played in the last few years that are just too horrible to control. And this puts me off even bothering to start playing the game after moving around for a bit.

I like to try before I buy on most games. If it's shit, I certainly will not buy it. Why waste my money just to test a game out.

I'll believe it when I see it on a shelf.

My words exactly. I've been made a monkey of before by that title.

I haven't. No other announcement of imminent release has done anything to convince me that it was actually on its way, but I'm willing to bet that this time it's actually going to happen. It might slip its release date, it might not, but it'll be here H1 2011.

I don't care if it's graphics look a bit outdated, it's fuckin Duke Nukem! a friend of the family introduced me to this badass awesomeness a millenia ago, when duke 3d was new!. Never forgot it!

Bring it on!

I don't care if it's graphics look a bit outdated, it's fuckin Duke Nukem! a friend of the family introduced me to this badass awesomeness a millenia ago, when duke 3d was new!. Never forgot it!

Bring it on!

Dude, I played Duke in 2D!

Those were the days...

i cant wait

i can remember the buzz around when it was announced 12 years ago .........rofl

the buzz turned to a cry.

but i hope it is released this year,it looks fkn awsome

another vid with some uncut stuff

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/duk...gameplay/316675

The ancient demo real leaked when 3D Realms went belly up has zero relevance to the new game trailer. Don't waste a click