Sign in to follow this  
ae86represent

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

I griefed the everloving shit out of 1-1 with one of my first NG+ characters. Rusty Nail, no armour, lots of rolling and Soul Arrow. I didn't necessarily want to win the fights, I just wanted to ruin their armour and make them eat whatever Lotus leaves they had. And maybe make them sweat a little :)

Gold.

I do, but have never been picked up.

I might give Invading on 1-1 a try, sounds like fun.

I'm soul level 75 at the moment, any idea what you were by the end of the game?

Atleast the 200k souls you can get from the Blind chicks demon soul won't get stolen off you if someone invades you in 1-1.

I still see lots of spirits around too, any idea if it shows all players in that area or just the ones similar level to you?

I griefed the everloving shit out of 1-1 with one of my first NG+ characters. Rusty Nail, no armour, lots of rolling and Soul Arrow. I didn't necessarily want to win the fights, I just wanted to ruin their armour and make them eat whatever Lotus leaves they had. And maybe make them sweat a little :)

So glad I got soul arrow, used it to rape a black phantom that invaded my world the other day, he wouldn't come near me, he was in heavy armour with the meat cleaver and im just like, fuck ya then, spammed soul arrow and he was dead in 3 hits XD

Got BBS lastnight, haven't had a huge chance to use it yet only to farm up 2 more soul lvls for 22str so I could hold the flame(crest?) shield. 1 hitting lesser monsters and 2 hitting medium monsters is fun :P.

Nice points on the historical side.

Daemon Souls is a good game, for me, although I'm not really impressed.

God damn I'm so hyped for it...

you can have two Black Phantoms invade you now though? :|

Also...I love that speculation about losing so much "humanity" that you permanently turn into some kind of demon, and then lurk in the levels harassing players that come through...I really hope they keep pushing the multiplayer innovation in surprising ways.

Yeah I'm more excited for this than any other game in a long time. I think Resident Evil 2 was the last game I was this hyped for; buying magazines and shit that have even the slightest mention or screenshot (or preferably a poster) about Dark Souls in it.

Yeah its looking to be my GOTY, I know this will get me flamed, but I reckon this looks better than Skyrim and BF3.

Is there any official word on the Coop? Bundy told me it was going to be proper co-op, but everything I've read suggests it will be more of the same, no voice chat etc. Wonder if its possible to invite friends now though? Shame you can't do party chat/voip while playing games on the ps3 (or atleast, I think thats the case)

I don't know if it will get you flamed Nuke, I tend to agree while I can't give GOTY to something I haven't played yet, right now it's defiantly my most anticipated game that is launching this year.

I haven't heard anything about voice chat, I did see a developer interview that said there will be properly implemented co op in terms of joining friends worlds. i will try source that for this thread now.

Interesting to note cooptimus is reporting that as well as singleplayer co op there will be co op specific content ><.. wonder if that means bosses that can only be done coop like in monster hunter.

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1937/playst...dark-souls.html

It also reports drop in drop out co op.

I am hearing there will be no voice chat however.

Edited by Bundy

As I said, its looking to be my GOTY, knowing what I do about it and loving Demon's Souls like I do, I can't see myself being disappointed with this. I reckon come mid september I'll be wasting huge chunks of time on this.

Still not sure what platform to get it on though. Maybe we should do a roll call.

Who is getting Dark Souls and what platform are you getting it on?

Me, undecided (wherever the majority goes)

I know you know nuke, but for the purpose of the discussion,

I will be getting PS3 as its the only console I own :P. also my mate in Perth also will be getting PS3, but I am willing to play co op with all at Atomic. i sorta got left out before because I have a Asian version of Demon's souls this time I will get AUs retail version!!

One thing that might be worth mentioning is that PS3 is the lead platform for this game and it is on the same engine which was designed by Sony (PhyreEngine), now that being said I really don't expect there will be much difference between the 2 console versions but for some people this can be a determining factor.

Edited by Bundy

Would be PS3 for me. Even if I get a 360 in time which is possible, I'd probably keep the set together.

as for chat.. I really don't think I'd want to hear chatter from a BP invader... or in reverse either. In Co op it could be handy, but one of the things I liked about DS co op was having to work together intuitively.

The gesture system could often be used cleverly/comically, particularly in PVP. It was kinda part of the charm.

Edited by xfu

I really enjoy watching these two fellas getting a whiff of Demon Souls.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Oh man, I watched that a week or two ago...

"Dude, get it together, block! Fuckin' block!"

"The controls are bad!"

"YOU'RE BAD!"

... had me in stitches.

Oh man, I watched that a week or two ago...

"Dude, get it together, block! Fuckin' block!"

"The controls are bad!"

"YOU'RE BAD!"

... had me in stitches.

They do execute surprisingly good comedy. I'll give them that.

Anyone own an aus version with a character around SLEVEL 70-80? I cannot beat the false king (or the blue dragon) and I'm just about ready to give up.

Anyone own an aus version with a character around SLEVEL 70-80? I cannot beat the false king (or the blue dragon) and I'm just about ready to give up.

How long are you waiting for blue signs to appear?

Sometimes it can takes 30 secs to a minute or so for them to show up, and almost always at the start of that section is where people place theirs (nowhere else). Before you even go in to kill the first crossbowmen, around there somewhere...

And finished it lastnight, well not quite, all bosses down and I am just tying up loose ends farming some souls before i reset my world.

I am contemplating getting both Aus and Asia version of Dark Souls if its true that the Aus region is empty I am a little worried because mt asian version i stacked with multiplayer particularly in 3-2 and 1-3 and 1-4 go in there human form and you can see literally 10's of blue co op requests.

I love when I enter a new area I enter other peoples worlds as a coop partner its a great way to learn a level because if you die you don't lose your souls.

Edited by Bundy

Started Ng+ and decided I wanted to wear King Doran's armor, fuck he was a hard fight the hardest fight in the game so far, for me at least. I couldn't try him in my first game because a glitch made me lose the key to his chamber.

Bundy, did you have help defeating the false king?

If not, wanna tell me your strategy, considering we're both similar builds and soul levels.

I killed him co op yea, I tried him once solo and found the margin for error too slim.

Yea we are aprox same soul lvl I read that he can be distracted with that soul shit, but otherwise the only way I can see to solo him with our build dude is to draw the fight out and take hits after he does that fast charge thing and you can get behind him for a hit or 2 then retreat when he turns etc.

If you want to make the runs faster Nuke kill the blue dragon,

Arrow him like you were till he flys off then when he is at the stairs get under him and use auto target to target his head and finish him off, he wont re-spawn. Him being dead will make attempts much faster.

Also what shield are you using? I couldn't work out if he was hitting for Magic or physical damage but I really felt my +5 Purple Flame Shield helped with 100% damage resist and super high guard break, it didn't seem to help much for his AoE which i suspect is magic.

Edited by Bundy

Haven't really got a good shield at the moment, Dark Silver shield is supposed to be good against him though and I do have that.

As for the dragon yeah, I haven't had too much trouble with him, just that I can't hold enough arrows to kill him completely as I need about 600 hits to kill him and atm I can only carry about 700 arrows, meaning if I miss his head at the doors (which I will about 50% of the time) I need far more arrows.

Unless you know a better spot to shoot him from that can be 100% accurate?

Edited by NukeJockey