nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

Breaking News: Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

Earlier today DICE disappointed Battlefield fans everywhere with the news that Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught had been canceled for PC. Care of Arbiter on the forums we finally have our first look at Battlefield 3!

The teaser trailer leaked out about an hour ago as of writing and just minutes ago the Official Web Site just went live!

"Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3."

Taken from games.on.net

Disappointed with the cancellation of the the 2 games above, though I'm looking forward to what the Frostbite 2 brings for us

That is the worst teaser I've ever seen...

I do hope this game is based on BF2 and not BC2, but encompasses good elements from both

That is the worst teaser I've ever seen...

I do hope this game is based on BF2 and not BC2, but encompasses good elements from both

well seeing as how its battlefield 3 and not bad company 3, I'd expect it to be more along the lines of what BF is

Bf2 reskin. 64 player maps.

TV missles and barrel rolls in choppers.

PLANES!

I hope there are more wide open maps like BF2 rather than the choke point crap that made BC2 so annoying.

I must admit some maps that is really frustrating when you have like 32players in a small strip of land trying to destroy an MCOM station, port valdez springs to mind where theres only a narrow strip and if your team is shit you just get smashed from every which way although 1 good squad can still dominate. Edited by nesquick

Fuck yeah!

I hope there are more wide open maps like BF2 rather than the choke point crap that made BC2 so annoying.

I wholeheartedly agree. However, I do hope the destructible terrain from bc2 makes it in.

-X

I must admit some maps that is really frustrating when you have like 32players in a small strip of land trying to destroy an MCOM station, port valdez springs to mind where theres only a narrow strip and if your team is shit you just get smashed from every which way although 1 good squad can still dominate.

I completely agree. I get around this problem in BC2 by playing on half full servers (eg 20 of 32 players). Less players on a 32 player map = more flanking and tactical opportunities.

This openess is what made some classic BF2 maps so popular. Even though Karkand looked like a frontal assulat map, there where so many ways into the back of the map that by probing long enough and pushing hard at the right time, you always broke through.

Looking for the same roaming goodness of BF2/2142

Tye

oh yeah!

if this game is anything like bf2 (with all the good features) but with dx11 and some of stuff homefront is getting then its gonna be awsome!

bring it on!

Edited by jdog

I'd be happy with a BF2 reskin + destruction.

The devs have stated previously that BC2 is its own Battlefield offshoot, so hopefully the classic gameplay, huge maps, vehicle physics, and overall style and squad/commander etc setup is making a return.

Please, please please let this be good.

EDIT: noticed this on the page too nobody linked to:

UPDATE: We have a few newly declassified details care of Game Informer: "Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone."

Good start.. I'm withholding my enthusiasm like a man who has bene hurt before, but it's a good start.

Edited by philo-sofa

Please, please please let this be good.

EDIT: noticed this on the page too nobody linked to:

UPDATE: We have a few newly declassified details care of Game Informer: "Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone."

Good start.. I'm withholding my enthusiasm like a man who has bene hurt before, but it's a good start.

Lol I love how you put that mate. We should tag up Philo!

sweet!

i also know that this will have dx11 has frostbite 2 has been built with dx11 in mind.

if this gets better then preorder from day 1!

sweet!

i also know that this will have dx11 has frostbite 2 has been built with dx11 in mind.

if this gets better then preorder from day 1!

Hope so.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info about what DX11 features it will actually support, the wiki only mentions a few PS3 things, mainly MLAA.

Also, hope no one who plans on playing this is running old DX9 hardware/OS as it will not support it.

Edited by nukejockey

this article from early last year says so:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14494-battle...-for-pc-gamers/

no DX9 and no Xp...

and heres some more (some of which may be repeated) info:

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February

source:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...rder-now.aspx##

cool hey?

Edited by jdog

Given the low price barrier to windows 7 ($100) and a dx10/11 capable graphics card (say another $100) there's really no reason not to be able to run BF3 :)

t

no DX9 and no Xp...

Good stuff :-)

Some of you may be interested in the Q & A with Dice on Frostbite 2.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/content/images/p...s_Interview.pdf

A section from it reads

Now with DirectX 11 and Windows 7 we have a very different, and much

better, situation for 3 reasons:

- DirectX 11 isn't limited to Windows 7, it will also work on Windows Vista

so everyone that is already using Vista will be able to use it. This is a huge

benefit for everyone involved.

- Windows 7 is an excellent OS for gamers (but please use the 64-bit

version!) and I predict a vast amount of the gamers that are still on

Windows XP, which is now a 8 year old operating system, will upgrade to

Windows 7 and as such go directly from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11

awesomeness.

- Thirdly, many game developers have also been "stuck" on DirectX 9 and

Windows XP as this have been the primary and very large user base that

they have been developing for. This created a Catch-22 situation as many

gamers didn't see the benefit of upgrading to Windows Vista & DirectX 10

as there were few games that supported it fully.

Now with Windows 7 and DirectX 11, it feels like there are a lot of developers

that are planning to make the jump directly from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11,

which will help solve this Catch-22 situation and provide gamers with another

great reason to upgrade.

My bold :-)

nice info aliali,thanks!

ive been trying to find that article for ages!

Edited by jdog

just found some more info about how console are limited so cant have as many features as the PC version also i brief idea of what PC hardware required:

Senior Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz responded to a question about why the PS3 won't have 64 players by saying, "Of course, we didn't say "oh console players don't want 64 players.' Network performance and cpu/gpu power and memory."

While definitely not official, DICE's Johan Andersson recommends a Window 7 PC with a 64-bit processor and a video card that supports DX11. However, the Frostbite 2.0 engine is being built to scale based on the hardware.

Source:http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-...re-and-networks

Edited by jdog