Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

And it makes it too hard to aim I find.

It's slightly more challenging but more fun and satisfying for me.

I hope they show some of the more traditional battlefield gameplay on fallon this week

I so wanna see jets together with all the other vehicles and infantry together working in unison. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I think this was pointed out before in the thread but EA are removing their games from Steam including bf3

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/06/15/ea-remo...mes-from-steam/

So...they want it to take the throne off call of duty yet at the same time are removing it from the largest online distributor for pc games? I suppose most people who are pc gamers have already made their decision on whether to buy it or not but still an odd move.

They want to take on steam too. Origin already has a fairly large catalogue.

The thing is, I'm not so sure I want more than 1 DD app on my computer.

That and their pricing, Crysis 2 is like $80 on origin, better off buying retail at those fucked up prices.

Posted Image

Bye EA, have fun selling your DLC on your lonely little client! Tell Games for Windows Live I said hi!

I assume all future EA games, including Mass Effect 3 will be origin exclusive and even the retail boxed copies will require origin installed to authenticate. Also, I predict exclusive DLC packs, beta access and advanced release date if you buy direct from origin.

They will shove this shit down our throats. In b4 they charge me to re download a game i've purchased

Edited by mudg3

Posted Image

Bye EA, have fun selling your DLC on your lonely little client! Tell Games for Windows Live I said hi!

I assume all future EA games, including Mass Effect 3 will be origin exclusive and even the retail boxed copies will require origin installed to authenticate. Also, I predict exclusive DLC packs, beta access and advanced release date if you buy direct from origin.

They will shove this shit down our throats. In b4 they charge me to re download a game i've purchased

I wonder if I can go and put in my CD Keys to the origin system and redownload them again, games like Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2 etc.

I wonder if I can go and put in my CD Keys to the origin system and redownload them again, games like Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2 etc.

I doubt it. If they did I'd be so surpised.

I'll just buy it from ozgameshop if it doesn't come out on Steam.

It's only $47. I'll wait until a week or so before release before I do though just to see what happens.

DICE make an announcement: Physical Warfare Pack unlocked to all after a certain time period.

From: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...-players.aspx##

Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year

BY: HBrun

POSTED: Jun 16, 2011, 01:28PM

COMMENTS: 2 (Login Required to Comment)

A point of clarification for all of our Battlefield fans. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack to all Battlefield 3 players later this year – for free. Read on for more details on this and Back to Karkand.

So maybe this is stating the obvious, but all of us at DICE are here because of our passion for games and the passion to bring you the games we too love to play. I always knew our pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 would be open to misunderstandings. This post is an attempt by me to answer any questions you have.

I would like to start by clarifying that the Physical Warfare Pack is a time-based exclusive. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don’t worry. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available as a pre-order bonus all over the globe. Right now, the UK is the only country where it has been announced, but stay tuned to get constant updates on where you can pick this up in your country. And remember, if you do not pre-order, you will still get access to this content at a later date, free of charge. If you do pre-order, you will get access to it from day one.

For Battlefield: Bad Company 2, many in the Battlefield community were very vocal about wanting additional, new maps to expand the multiplayer experience. With Battlefield 3, we want to make sure we can increase your library of maps quicker than we did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. We also want to give you something special for pre-ordering, as pre-ordering is basically your way of saying you believe in DICE and Battlefield 3. When we announced that everybody who pre-orders Battlefield 3 would get an entire future expansion pack at no extra charge, I knew we had created a very generous pre-order offer.

Back to Karkand is a massive, themed expansion pack available a period of time after the base game, developed by a separate team here at DICE -- the same team that brought you Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. If you played Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, you have a pretty good idea about the scope and ambition of our expansion packs. This is so much more than just four remixed maps.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3, you will be able to play Back to Karkand at no extra charge as soon as it is released, but it is not day one DLC and it is not on the base game disc. We think it’s a sweet deal, and it’s available to everyone everywhere. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3, you can still buy Back to Karkand separately and play it as soon as it is released, the very same date as anyone who pre-ordered. In other words, there is no segmentation of the community when we launch the base game.

There are more pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 out there, and in order to try and avoid any confusion we will return within the next couple of weeks to detail all of them as well.

As always, post any questions you have here, in our forums, on Facebook, or Twitter. We are listening and value your opinion.

Cheers,

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE

So, did they bow to the backlash and are throwing down some Warney-like spin, or was it all a marketing ploy to generate media/internet interest. I'd hate to think it's the latter, it's a pretty cynical way to be dealing with a fan base that was already up in arms about the DLC issues.

This wont be the end of companies pushing their own game or content delivery platforms,

Activision plans on selling third party over battle.net in the future,

GFWL isn't going away either.

I am not looking forward to needing like 4 different clients for my gaming collections...

I think it is just a tie in to get the cash flow going before release so the developers start seeing some income.

So, did they bow to the backlash and are throwing down some Warney-like spin, or was it all a marketing ploy to generate media/internet interest. I'd hate to think it's the latter, it's a pretty cynical way to be dealing with a fan base that was already up in arms about the DLC issues.

I think that is a false false dichotomy I think it was poor PR or communication, I suspected it would be time based as most DLC of this nature is time based even when branded with the label 'exclusive'.

So they fixed the issue. Before it was "exclusive" to pre orders. Now ie" the t88 is available to all at a later date. This is perfectly fine as no one is now missing out on content, No beef was had with the free addition of the Back to Karkand back aswell no doubt the map pack will be massive and be well worth the money.

cool,its free!

ill just pre-order a retail copy to get BTK for free and as i have all the battlefield games on PC (im missing vietnam) ill pick this up as well.

if only more game companies did this..

Looks similar to the PC version, it's hard to tell with encoded video but other than heavy aliasinhg and possibly smaller geometry I can't tell much difference.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Looks pretty good for console, although PC looks significantly better visually imo. SHOW A GOD DAMN PLANE ALREADY!

Edited by SlurmsMackenzie

dont knw if its just me but if u watch the clip in 1080p u seem to get horrible jagging when the player is moving around in the first part of the level =[ id be pissed as if this is how it will look when released (for the console pple not the PC)

I don't really care about it not being on Steam. What I do care about, is if it's LANable. I can't remember reading if it is or not. It probably isn't.

Really getting sick of playing CoD4 at LANs after all these years...

Why would EA even bring out that Origin Store in the first place. How the hell is that going to compete with Steam.

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by Mr.Twinkie