nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

Pff, people will still cave and buy it anyway when they realize they're not going to get their way.

The MW2 'boycott' was the same. Even if it doesn't end up on Steam in the end at all, I really can't see this being any different.

If I am forced to, I'll do the Origin thing... although I don't want to.

But I'm not going to let one program get in the way of my love for Battlefield. ;)

I read something earlier about the possibility of it popping up on Steam anyway.

Look at Alice: Madness Returns.

Published by EA, wasn't on Steam at all until the day of release, and bam... there it is.

Perhaps the same will happen for BF3.

Any official word on whether retail copies will tie to an Origin account like some games do with Steam?

Any official word on whether retail copies will tie to an Origin account like some games do with Steam?

Yeah they will.

If it's not on Steam on day of release I'll just go to Ozgameshop.

It will probably be cheaper anyway.

I'm happy to have a physical copy of this anyway.

Yeah they will.

Got a link to back that up, y0?

I was planning on getting a box version anyways. EA are asking too much from this game. They're trying not only to become THE fps but trying to get a a footing in the digital distribution market. No matter how hard they try, everyones first choice for digital distribution will be steam. Valve have created a lot of confidence in the platform with regular updates, regular sales and generally thinking of the player before the money.

Edited by SlurmsMackenzie

PC footage is looking insane.

Hopefully the console versions hold up ok and the framerates (while 30) will be nice and solid.

Edited by xfu

I don't really care about it not being on Steam. What I do care about, is if it's LANable. I can't remember reading if it is or not. It probably isn't.

Really getting sick of playing CoD4 at LANs after all these years...

i hope to that BF3 has LAN as well.

Last i heard it going to be alot like BFBC2 so no LAN :(

I just had a quick look, found tons of threads campaigning for LAN support.

So it probably won't have it.

Haha, I see what you did there.

Here's hoping it's got LAN support. Killing LAN support seems to be a common trend these days. And that really, really sucks for my annual LAN with my mates. :(

Yeah, I go to a big LAN event in Perth whenever it's on, usually around 500 people there... and we're all still playing CoD4 and CSS and stuff. Would be nice to have something new and exciting instead of the same old same old. These big LANs even have internet connections these days, simply because so many games require it. I think they've got something like 50 high-speed wireless connections bridged together...

So playing BC2 and BF3 online with the people in the room may be possible and even decent... it would still be an arseabout way of doing it.

there are lots of awesome games you can play via LAN Harmonic, C&C3, Company of heroes, Left 4 dead, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Splinter cell games, Half life games, CS games, total war games, borderlands, FEAR games, TF2, Red faction games just to name a few off the top of my head.

I don't really like RTS over LAN, it just takes too damn long. I play in quick bursts separated by other stuff. Company of Heroes I never really liked, though I didn't give it much of a go.

Left 4 Dead games haven't really interested me, too consoley, and of course, nerfed to shit. I wasn't even aware Stalker had multiplayer. I've certainly never seen anyone playing it at a LAN. Ditto Splinter Cell. I thought that was single player sneaking around stuff?

Half Life games are old as the hills, though I suppose they have tons of mods, so they might have some value. I liked the first FEAR when it came out, and actually managed some multiplayer on dialup once or twice, was pretty cool. There wouldn't be enough people around who'd still have the game though. I have no idea what any of the sequels are like or if I'd bother getting them.

TF2 is one game that people actually play, and I have played it myself on a friend's account. I may even own it. Not sure. I didn't really enjoy it though. Are there any different game modes or anything? All I remember is running out of the base and dying and repeating. With cool cartoony graphics.

Red Faction I have no idea about. I remember playing one of them on PS2 years ago, digging tunnels in mountains with rocket launchers. That was pretty cool.

Basically though, I just haven't played much/any games for the last few years because of lack of internet connection at home and all games requiring internet activation. And EB games having a dismal array of PC games these days. The only place I played games up til a few months ago was at LANs, where it usually just CoD4 because I couldn't be bothered acquiring anything else, and no one even seems to play much else.

I don't really like RTS over LAN, it just takes too damn long. I play in quick bursts separated by other stuff. Company of Heroes I never really liked, though I didn't give it much of a go.

COH is awesome fun doing 4 humans vs 4 ai and its tactical you can't just spam units, you could try C&C3 it runs on pretty much any PC and is heaps of fun when you team up against each other as allies or fight 2 extreme AI's

Left 4 Dead games haven't really interested me, too consoley, and of course, nerfed to shit. I wasn't even aware Stalker had multiplayer. I've certainly never seen anyone playing it at a LAN. Ditto Splinter Cell. I thought that was single player sneaking around stuff?

L4D has never felt consoley to me, feels like playing HL2 with lots of zombies, Stalker has MP yes its like a deathmatch or capture the artifact kinda thing with money for armors and weapons CS style, one of the SC PC games had a MP mode where 1 lot of people played as guards and the other lot and splinter cells chaos theory may have it but I know pandora tomorrow has it.

Half Life games are old as the hills, though I suppose they have tons of mods, so they might have some value. I liked the first FEAR when it came out, and actually managed some multiplayer on dialup once or twice, was pretty cool. There wouldn't be enough people around who'd still have the game though. I have no idea what any of the sequels are like or if I'd bother getting them.

Playing HL deathmatch over LAN at school with 32 people on that kitchen level is some of the most fun I have had with any multiplayer game and its super cheap in fact I think HL2 deathmatch was free for ages so some people may have it already.

TF2 is one game that people actually play, and I have played it myself on a friend's account. I may even own it. Not sure. I didn't really enjoy it though. Are there any different game modes or anything? All I remember is running out of the base and dying and repeating. With cool cartoony graphics.

TF2 is now a free game, thats right free full game and you can create your own servers to!

I guess if you and your friends are boring then your LAN will be boring, try something new

one of the SC PC games had a MP mode where 1 lot of people played as guards and the other lot and splinter cells chaos theory may have it but I know pandora tomorrow has it.

Pandora Tomorrow has the 2v2 Versus mode.

Chaos Theory has an improved 2v2 Versus mode.

Double Agent has a dumbed down version but with 3v3.

Chaos Theory is the best one, I should know... I've put over 1000 hours into CT Versus mode. :)

My favorite PC multiplayer game ever, so unique, and it really relies on teamwork to win vs decent players.

It's just a shame the Australian community was extremely small.

Due to this, myself and my team mate were the best players in Australia.

Then eventually all the locals stopped playing. :(

Thanks to the disappointment that was Double Agent Versus mode, the 'vets' from Splinter Cell Versus are attempting to develop a UT3 mod (though I think it is standalone now, it just uses the UT3 engine) called Project Reality, which is supposed to emulate the gameplay found in Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, with tweaks and gameplay/balance improvements.

http://www.projectstealthgame.com/

No idea how long they've got 'til a playable version is released to the public though.

that mod looks awesome! it would be nice if for the next SC game they went back to their roots maybe a game that plays just like the first 3 would be awesome.

Though I love playing Left 4 Dead, it ain't a "proper LAN" game. Need to be logged in to Steam friends to play it

Last Valve games that you could play multiplayer offline was TF2, DoD:S and CS:S

But yeah, still lots of good games to play

Though I love playing Left 4 Dead, it ain't a "proper LAN" game. Need to be logged in to Steam friends to play it

Last Valve games that you could play multiplayer offline was TF2, DoD:S and CS:S

Last LAN I went to I logged in the same steam ID for 8 computers and it worked fine, you just have to run it in offline mode and someone run a dedicated server. Edited by nesquick

Last LAN I went to I logged in the same steam ID for 8 computers and it worked fine, you just have to run it in offline mode and someone run a dedicated server.

Ah okay, so there are workarounds

Last LAN I went to I logged in the same steam ID for 8 computers and it worked fine, you just have to run it in offline mode and someone run a dedicated server.

yes but don't tell valve that :P

all that happened though was everyone was running around with AllNightmareLong, AllNightmareLong(1), AllNightmareLong(2) until they found the change name option.

Edited by nesquick

all that happened though was everyone was running around with AllNightmareLong, AllNightmareLong(1), AllNightmareLong(2) until they found the change name option.

Hahahaha. Now that would be funny

Are we talking about BF3 in here?

Stop getting my hopes up every time I click on this thread.

Onslaught cancelled. Ohh well just put up with fucken conquest again shall we?

I remember something like that on half life. Everyone running around with the same name. All they wanted to do was shoot people.