nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

Onslaught is the name of the co-op "horde" mode on BC2 on console that was supposed to be coming to PC this year, but was cancelled so DICE could work on BF3.

Still wish 1943 came to PC :-/

Ah well, BF3 being a proper PC game is better news (and has been from the start of this thread)

This is my opinion on the matter.

EA Know that there is probably nearly as much money in DLC is there is the actual games they sell. EA/DICE have been pushing this whole PC agenda since BF3 was announced.

EA Don't want to release map/mod tools because then people will be less inclined to pay for DLC if someone can make their own maps.

So EA make up an excuse, the mod tools are too hard to use etc. rather than saying "We don't want to give you mod tools because we want more of your money after the game comes out" because they know this will cause (more of) a fallout with the PC community, who they've been trying dearly to win over for the last 12 months.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

*EDIT* Just watched mudg3's video, summed it up perfectly.

Edited by NukeJockey

EA Don't want to release map/mod tools because then people will be less inclined to pay for DLC if someone can make their own maps.

It worked fine for Fallout/Olivion etc. DLC and modding tools. Just the DLC has to step up its game to out shine the mods.

I generally don't like DLC's. I like expansion packs, as they bring a new campaign or something, not just some new skins and a couple of guns

Oh, it's thetap :-)

*Waves*

It worked fine for Fallout/Olivion etc. DLC and modding tools. Just the DLC has to step up its game to out shine the mods.

Dat means they have to spend more of their moola on production instead of just releasing 1/2 baked content and raking in the cash brah.

if would be a smart idea if ea/dice released mod tools AFTER all the DLC is out. That way they get there money and people can be happy with having mods in the game.

unlikely to happen but still.

oh, nice video mudg3.

when are we getting the beta? Anyone know?

Wasn't that part of buying MoH was getting access to the bf3 beta?

Thats a bit different mate, thats a singleplayer RPG, they need to release DLC to keep the cash flowing in for 6-12 months after release.

With an online shooter the DLC model is there to keep people playing up until their next release. This is why Activision spaced out the DLC map packs for MW2/Black Ops. The latest DLC for blackops has basically only just come out, 8 months after the release of the game and chances are they'll release another one a month or so before MW3.

if would be a smart idea if ea/dice released mod tools AFTER all the DLC is out. That way they get there money and people can be happy with having mods in the game.

unlikely to happen but still.

oh, nice video mudg3.

No, it would be a bad idea. EA have stated that they plan on doing the BF series and MOH once every 2 years, next november (2012) we will be seeing the 2nd MOH "reboot". Which means they will most likely continue releasing DLC for BF3 right up until towards BF4s release date.

DLC is a money maker, more so than game sales most of the time, they need to release mod tools early or not at all, if they release them late then there will be huge backlash and a low adoption rate, gaming is at the point now (and has been for a while) where its not about making the best game ever that no one will ever top, its about making as much money as they can off a franchise and then topping it again, year after year.

EA wants a slice of Activisions pie.

Figure this needs a little update. Pre- Alpha images have been released/ Leaked

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It certainly sates my ocular sweet tooth with it's eye candy.

510 frames per second?

dunno. But the PC it was running on was just a phennom x4 4gb of ram and a gtx460. Looks alright :)

Maybe for alpha testing, it's convenient to be able to switch back and forth to report errors or sumshit?

Looks impressive it's only playing on a 460. I may not have to build as beasty a PC as I was expecting to. The second shot looks far to pretty to be shooting guys in!

It certainly sates my ocular sweet tooth with it's eye candy.

510 frames per second?

dunno. But the PC it was running on was just a phennom x4 4gb of ram and a gtx460. Looks alright :)

That just sounds bloody terrific. XD

Haha, from what has been said earlier supposedly there is no PC around today that will play BF3 completely maxed out

Still, shows it is quite scalable and looks very good

Haha, from what has been said earlier supposedly there is no PC around today that will play BF3 completely maxed out

Still, shows it is quite scalable and looks very good

yep heard that too, but if those sceenshots and spec's of the pc running it are right then ....I'm freaking stoked!! as i got my PII x4 955be today and i have a gtx460 =]

My bet, is that we'll see similar (maybe a little less) performance to BC2... but there'll be DX11 eye-candy options that'll grab your GPU by the throat and start applying pressure. :p

My bet, is that we'll see similar (maybe a little less) performance to BC2... but there'll be DX11 eye-candy options that'll grab your GPU by the throat and start applying pressure. :p

Yep im guesing what I posted are low settings. High being what we've seen in some of the HD videos like the tank battle.