nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

My bet, is that we'll see similar (maybe a little less) performance to BC2... but there'll be DX11 eye-candy options that'll grab your GPU by the throat and start applying pressure. :p

Yep im guesing what I posted are low settings. High being what we've seen in some of the HD videos like the tank battle.

Yeah, I reckon that'd be the case. Maybe DirectX 9 with lowish settings

But, if that is correct, looks pretty bloody nice for what it is

My bet, is that we'll see similar (maybe a little less) performance to BC2... but there'll be DX11 eye-candy options that'll grab your GPU by the throat and start applying pressure. :p

Yep im guesing what I posted are low settings. High being what we've seen in some of the HD videos like the tank battle.

nobody..psst... BF3 wont have direct 9! only 10 and 11! :P

still looking bloody wicked if thats low!

nobody..psst... BF3 wont have direct 9! only 10 and 11! :P

still looking bloody wicked if thats low!

Oh woops :P

Oh yes, I remember now. Way back in the thread...

In my experience, DX11 is much less of a gpu hog than DX9/10 on a lot of occasions. So will be interesting to see if it is more optimised in dx11.

For example, WOWs framerate doubles from DX9 to DX11.

Yeah, I think that specific rendering scenario worked better on DX11, was too much to ask of from the older SDK's

Yeah, I think that specific rendering scenario worked better on DX11, was too much to ask of from the older SDK's

Having DX11 means that some of the CPU load can fall back onto the GPUs instead.

I think I've only seen Operation Metro on Rush... with a handful of players.

And Rush sucks.

That map would be complete chaos with 64 people running around on it.

Reposting all Videos just incase anyone missed them.

Below is information in regard to the closed Alpha testing which is going on currently which is invite only and also information about the up coming beta. If your going to pro order I recommend doing it now :)

Hello folks! I´ve been getting many questions on twitter regarding the Alpha Trial and also the upcoming beta which was announced at E3 to be in September.

It´s amazing that so many people want to share their experience and are so keen on playing Battlefield 3.

Here are som questions and answers you might find useful :):

How can I get into the Alpha Trial?

It is a highly tech focused test period where the main purpose is to do a number of server related tests in preparation for game launch requiring a set amount of players online to ensure the final experience is as much fun and easy as possible.

Is this the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition?

No, this is an Alpha Trial, meaning this software is still not at the "Beta" development milestone. The Open Beta will start in September. The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.

Can I join the Battlefield 3 Closed Alpha Trial?

The Alpha is a closed test and by invitation only. If you'd like to have a chance to be called upon make sure to register for our newsletter and ensure your Veteran status is up to date.

We are also not giving away keys to the Alpha Trial on any of our social networking platforms.

Recently a Medal of Honor: Limited Edition Beta newsletter went out to users. What is that all about?

Well, that newsletter says you are entitled to play the beta in September. It is however not a ticket or a code. If you purchased a copy of Medal of Honor with the Battlefield 3 Beta sticker on it, you are eligible for the Beta. If you have not received the newsletter, make sure you opt in on your EA Profile to receive them. Also, if you haven´t received the newsletter and own a copy of Medal of Honor: Limited edition, you are eligible to play in the beta.*

I'm not all that interested in playing the beta anyway, unless I'm really bored and having nothing to play when it comes out, I'll just wait until release.

I'll be interested in the beta if they have at least a huge Conquest map with jets and helis on it (for balance testing purposes, mostly).

I really hope the choppers are like BF2, not the slow-ass flying tanks in BC2.

I also hope flares and secondary fire on air vehicles (and secondary for tanks and APCs) are default like BF2, and I hope the chopper gunner controls the damn TV missles again instead of needing two guys with secondary fire to use darts and more powerful missles like BC2.

And it'd be nice if the AA was missles again, not that OP burst firing AA gun.

This makes me want the game very badly :D Taken from http://bf3blog.com/2011/07/battlefield-3-alpha-impressions/

Gameplay

• Feels more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company 2. The pace is a bit quicker than in BF2, but it appears it’s because of the map and the Rush mode.

• You can now strafe run, which adds a lot more than it sounds.

• You can see your legs/feet when looking down or jumping over things. It’s not as weird as it sounds.

• No bunny hopping or dolphin diving.

• 3D spotting has been revised. It feels like you need to be more accurate when spotting enemies than in Bad Company 2.

• Classes are a lot better and make more sense (Assault with med kit, Support gives out ammo).

• Everything ran very smooth at high frame rates, it gave it a bit of a “Call of Duty” feeling at times.

• The game appears to be ready for in-game advertising support (banners etc.). Although it could be just random BF3 banners posted.

Guns

• Hit detection feels much better than in Bad Company 2.

• Guns look, sound and feel differently from Bad Company 2. It’s more like BF2 than BC2.

• Muzzle flash on guns has been reduced compared to BC2, now is on par with BF2.

Audio

• Just as crisp and lifelike as in other Battlefield games. It sounds more realistic in BF3, kinda like “war tapes” in Bad Company 2.

• There’s still automated chatter from soldiers around you, including enemies (which reveals their position, like in BC2).

• No commo rose

Vehicles

• There was only one vehicle, the LAV-25 APC. Controls felt like Bad Company 2, but the cannon firing and sounds were much more realistic, as if you’re in a real APC.

• It felt like it took a few more rockets to completely destroy the LAV compared to Bad Company 2.

Graphics/destruction

• The game looks great, no way around that.

• Animations are way ahead of Bad Company 2 or any other FPS.

• Destruction feels more limited than in BC2. There are buildings you can destroy, buildings you can’t. There are walls you can destroy, and walls you can’t. There’s no real way of telling which is which.

• There is also a lot of cover that would have been destroyable in Bad Company 2, but isn’t in BF3. (UPDATE: according to some, destruction has been limited in the alpha for testing purposes, which would explain what we experienced).

• The lighting is amazing, both in doors and outdoors. Also, you can only shoot out some of the interior lights, not all.

Misc

• Award pins have been replaced by BF2-style ribbons.

• There are a bunch of new guns, like the G36C, MP7, M27.

• There are now faction specific weapons and rocket launchers.

• When M-Com stations are armed, a C4 device appears on it. When disarmed, the C4 disappears.

• 100 points are given for a kill, +10 points for headshots, +30 for kill assist etc. You get 200 points for arming M-Com, another 200 for destroying it.

Overall:

• The game feels a lot more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company 2, contrary to what many people think. It was hard to comment on pace, since it’s Rush, limited to 32 players, with tight combat areas — so pacing will naturally be fast. On open, conquest maps with 64 players, I can imagine it feels a lot more like BF2. Also, note that these impressions are for an alpha version — it’s far from a finished product.

FINALLY! Strafe-running.

Now I can run in one direction while watching another without having to stop sprinting.

Also, wasn't the G36C and MP7 in BF2?!

Otherwise, everything sounds excellent so far.

Yep, read a lot of things I like there. Don't know if I like the choppers and other vehicles being made even more formidable. Some maps are constantly ruined when it's just guys in choppers killing the shit out of everyone.

Having different guns for different factions makes sense. The US and Chinese had different guns in BF2, it doesn't make sense they should have the same stuff.

Strafe-sprinting, while it doesn't make any actual sense (can you sprint sideways?), it does make sense for being able to be more aware of your surroundings whilst running.

More spotting accuracy? O noes, now I can't mash Q in the general direction of where enemies may be!

Something I've been wondering with the visible legs and feet thing - could you look down and throw C4 on your foot, then go suicide bomber into your enemies? That would be cool. Hah, I have no idea if this works in BC2, but it would be awesome if you could throw a C4 pack on your whole squad and rush in and detonate at once :P

this game is getting better by the minute.

most things are good but im not to sure about what the fuss is about no camo rose, i didnt use it when i played BF2 so having it gone doesnt matter to me.

most things are good but im not to sure about what the fuss is about no camo rose, i didnt use it when i played BF2 so having it gone doesnt matter to me.

If you didnt spot or use that command then shame on you.