nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

its only OP in hardcore, 2 hit kills ect although it balanced by the fact you run out of ammo for it quickly.

just to bump this but more info has been released about pre-order bonus for BF3 (hint: get ready to rage MOH: LE owners..)

BREAKDOWN OF ALL PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at Origin or at any retailer all over the world.

Available: The release date of Back to Karkand is not yet announced. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (pre-orderers and those who buy it separately) will be able to start playing Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at the same date.

Cost: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately for $14,99 if you don't pre-order (release date not yet announced).

More info: In this blog post.

Physical Warfare Pack

What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or at select retailers all over the world.

Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. You will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date if you don't pre-order (date to be announced)

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at Origin and select retailers.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1.

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

Dog Tag Pack

What it is: A set of 10 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your console avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free

What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta

What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.

Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.

Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

and he is more info about the open beta comming in september:

FAQ on the Open Beta

How early is early access?

Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?

This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?

Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?

No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?

Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?

The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?

Yes.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...ed-edition.aspx

along as all of this stuff is available in the game at some point ill be happy..

Edited by jdog

Argh, fuck this trend of exclusive bullshit. I'm just going to buy the normalest version I can find and not bother with pointless stuff like early weapon unlocks or stupid custom dogtags. This should not be encouraged.

All I want is the Back to Karkand stuff, and if I can get that for a few bucks somewhere down the line, then so be it.

Yeah, I'm just going to buy the retail version with Back to Karkand and that other weapon thing.

The rest of that petty crap, I don't care in the slightest.

Yeah, I'm just going to buy the retail version with Back to Karkand and that other weapon thing.

The rest of that petty crap, I don't care in the slightest.

+1

im just going to pop into my local EB (as its my closest game shop) and pre-order it there.

the best weapon from SOC was the G36, the VSS just ran out ammo to quickly, ammo cost a small fortune and the ammo weighed like 3 times more than 5.56mm NATO rounds and my VSS always jammed regularly but the G36 didn't.

I personally disagree, My opinion may be different as i probably played the game differently. After working alot for duty i had so much ammo i didnt know what to do with it.. you get given the 'special' ammo with high damage against armor or other stuff, and i have 500-2000 of most types in my stash.. Also if you where in a situation where reloading was not preferable i just switched to the bulldog. I only used the standard ammo to finish missions for special ammo lol. Got all that whilst saving up for exo.. I was pissed when i found it later on in the game and just spent ages saving 110k ru. Anyway this is off topic sorry.. I didnt really play bc2 in HC mode. I didnt really play it on pc. :( When your not in hardcore mode nothing beat the little machine pistol. pp something?

Really looking forward to BF3 but i hope its more BF2 then Cod, sadly the trend in current fps games says otherwise. Cod is the Wow of fps.

im surprised they offered anything at all for MOH LE owners. TBH i figured they would 'forget' to offer anything. still 48 hours early access is better than nothing

Edited by Devit

just found some more info about some of the diffrent unlocks and medals in BF3

.....Back in 2005, Battlefield 2 was one of the first shooters to introduce a deep persistence system to add that extra layer of tasty rewards and unlocks to keep players returning to the battlefield for hundreds of hours. With Battlefield 3, we are pulling all the stops. Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.

Skill and dedication equal rewards

On top of these ingame hardware items, players will also be richly rewarded with medals, ribbons and service stars displaying their skill, commitment, and teamplay prowess. You will be rewarded handsomely in Battlefield 3 for exemplary skill, such as capturing X amount of bases in one round. Excellent teamplayers who keep the team’s vehicles in mint condition and revive fallen comrades will not go unnoticed either. These type of skill-driven rewards are typically handed out in the form of ribbons, and good players can often get more than one ribbon in a single round.

From top left to bottom right: Assault Rifle Ribbon (7 assault rifle kills in a round), Nemesis Ribbon (2 nemesis kills), MVP Ribbon (be the best player in a round), Ace Squad Ribbon (be part of the best squad in a round), Medical Efficiency Ribbon (5 revives in a round), and finally the Air Warfare Ribbon (6 air kills in a round).

Winning a round for the team should always be the priority, so we are making sure that even when players are chasing their personal achievements, they are contributing to the overall battle. You will also be rewarded for true dedication and commitment, such as playing x amount of hours as a U.S. soldier. These honors come in the form of the much harder to get medals. They are typically given at specific milestones in your career.

There are a large number of ranks in Battlefield 3, similar to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Your rank badge is a quick measure of your overall progress in the game. And even if you hit the max rank, there is always more glory to strive for with the new concept of Service Stars that we are introducing in Battlefield 3.

Service Stars challenge the hardcore

Even getting your first Service Star would be a major achievement. But keep playing, and you will be eligible for even further promotion by getting Service Stars added to your weapon skill badge, your vehicle, your kit, and your overall rank. Anytime your kill card is displayed, everyone will see exactly how experienced you are with your current equipment. The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles. Getting there will be a massive task – consider that a challenge! :)

The design philosophy behind the unlocks in Battlefield 3 is pretty sweet. We basically give you more hardware to play with for doing what you love to do. Case in point: Using gun X will give you more upgrades specifically for that gun. Playing with a kit and vehicle earns more upgrades for that kit and that vehicle. In addition, all XP gained also goes towards your overall rank, which in turn unlocks new weapons, specializations, and camouflages usable by any class.

From left to right: Maintenance Medal (obtain the Maintenance Ribbon 50 times), Marksman Medal (obtain the Marksman Ribbon 50 times), and the U.S. Army Service Medal (spend 100 hours in the U.S. Army.)

Play Battlefield 3 your way

The mantra we keep coming back to when designing Battlefield 3 is “play it your way”. What that means is there’s an unprecedented flexibility in how you tailor your kits. The playable classes are not rigidly defined in what they are supposed to play like. While all four classes in Battlefield 3 (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon) start out with everything they need to be an efficient soldier in the field, it is totally up to you and your personal preferences how you want to tailor them.

Take the Assault class, for example. As you may know by now, this is now the class that has the ability to equip both a defibrillator and medkit for frontline medic abilities. But if you would prefer to switch your add-ons to, say, an underslung grenade launcher with 40mm grenades, go ahead! That will give you an Assault soldier with a more offensive set of capabilities than the player who opts for the default medic approach.

Tactical unlocks force you to choose the right loadout for you

That’s the way all of the unlocks and upgrades work. They are specifically designed to be tactical in nature, forcing you to choose loadout based on the map and situation. Do you go for the heavy barrel for your assault rifle? It gives added accuracy for single shots, but at the cost of stronger recoil in burst fire/full auto mode. A standard assault rifle can be modified into a long range accurate weapon or for close quarter, almost SMG-like, combat. For jets, do you go with Maverick ATG missiles to take out tanks or AA missiles to dogfight airborne threats? With your Engineer, do you bring your anti-tank or your anti-air RPG launcher?

In short, we think there has never been a better time to be a Battlefield gamer, no matter your play style.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...1/08/05/bb.aspx

lol so glad I never bought MOH to get beta access, 48 hours earlier... hah!

Beyond stupid man. I just want a decent game for a change and the VSS is op in normal aswell.

Well this isnt going to make people happy...

Battlefielid 3 WILL NOT be on steam

acording to this "tweet":

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/stat...712574400102400

BF3 will not be available on Steam as the service restricts our ability to directly support players http://bit.ly/nLooUi

^NW

and this post on the official EA forums:

EA offers games, including Battlefield 3, to all major digital download sites. In doing so, our goal is to not only reach the widest possible global audience with our games, but also to provide ongoing customer support, patches and great new content. We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play the game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with consumers.

For more on our policy to offer games to any major third party download service, please read here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page

Gamers can pre-order Battlefield 3 at Origin.com as well as over 100 digital retailers worldwide. EA offers games to all major download services. Unfortunately, Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. No other download service has adopted these practices.

We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers. We hope to work out an agreement where Steam can carry Battlefield 3; meanwhile, gamers can pick from the more than 100 digital retailers listed at http://www.battlefield.com/digitaldownload, or go to http://www.origin.com.

source: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7468888.page

Edited by jdog

Plus it makes sense, a successful digital content platform needs a large user base which is going to require some sort of pull. Origin itself is just as an important investment for EA as BF3 is int he grand scheme of things if not more.

Not to mention the trouble EA and Steam are having atm with regards to how they manage their content which has resulted in Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 being pulled from Steam but like nuke said I knew this months ago.

Heh I pre ordered anyway. This game is something Im going to sink thousands of hours into I figure it will be worth the sub $100 they are asking for.

some very interesting stuff in that screenshot...

co-op (yay!)

and battlelog doesnt look to bad..

Ozgameshop still doesnt have a price for it yet. :(

You mean this?

Not limited edition though, so no free map pack :/

So this isnt going to be a suprose to anyone following BF3..

ALL copies of BF3 on PC will use orgin service to play (including retail)

Gamers were a little frustrated when they found out that Battlefield 3 would be passing on Steam to instead feature exclusively on Electronic Arts' own digital distribution service Origin.

No matter where or how you purchase the game, you will still need to run it through Origin.

Confirmation of the decision came from global Battlefield community manager Daniel Matros via Twitter. When asked by one user "What about the rumors spreading on the forums that we need origin to play BF3 if we have the DVD? D:", Matros' response was as follows:

"Yes those 'rumors' are true :)"

Source: http://games.on.net/article/13436/No_Escap..._Require_Origin

oh and Battleblog #6 is out, This week its about weapon authenticity:

Battleblog #6: Building Battlefield 3 from the gun out

BY: HBrun

POSTED: Aug 11, 2011, 12:01AM

COMMENTS: 99 (Login Required to Comment)

Every Battlefield game is built from the gun out. If persistence is what keeps you coming back for more, the gunplay is the essential foundation that the entire game hinges on. Read on for Senior Designer Alan Kertz’ thoughts on what makes shooting in Battlefield 3 unique.

Tweaking, testing, and re-tweaking the weapons in Battlefield 3 is the short description of a normal workday for Senior Designer Alan Kertz at this stage in the production. Now that we are well into August, Alan’s work has long since gone from overarching shooter vision to detailed fine-tuning. Walk down to his desk at any given day and you are likely to find him poring over notes or some onscreen graphs, deep in discussion with his designer colleagues:

Is the exit smoke from this RPG large enough? Is the precision increase when adding a heavy barrel to this rifle noticeable enough in semi-burst fire mode? How does the addition of a foregrip to this rifle affect the stability when firing in fully automatic mode?

-- Authenticity is really important when you’re doing a modern day game like Battlefield 3. We know our players look critically at the guns in our games, so we brought in experts like Andy McNab. Our military advisors not only help us get it right, they help us understand why it’s right.”

Compared to both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2, there is a larger focus in Battlefield 3 on authenticity and real life handling. This comes down to details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and even how the caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy. For Alan, this approach clearly leads to better gameplay.

-- With authenticity as a base, you get a natural balance because all real life guns are based on trade-offs. It really pulls out the personality of each weapon system to use the authentic stats and features. Each army selects a different weapon, for a different reason, and we pass those selections on to our players.”

Varied weapons for all play styles

The arsenals of U.S. Marine Corps and the Russian Army are both featured prominently in the game, since those are the sides you play in both single and multiplayer. Building from that base, we selected a number of additional weapons that are returning classics, competing designs, and alternate combat roles. Each weapon choice means it gives the player an additional tactical choice: Get in close with a carbine, PDW, or shotgun. Hit from long range with a sniper rifle. Engage tanks with an RPG. Or lay down suppressive fire with a light machinegun.

We’re not just giving you weapon A or B, take it or leave it, though. Each main weapon will be heavily customizable to suit different roles. The majority of weapons in Battlefield 3 can be tailored by the player to fit anything from close quarter to long range combat, or something in between. But we’ll save that for a later Battleblog post, when we will go deep into weapons customization.

Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...he-gun-out.aspx

i want the chinse again..:P

Edited by jdog

Ozgameshop still doesnt have a price for it yet. :(

I think you missed out on the LE from there bro.

I saw it a couple of months ago for $47, then a few weeks later went up to $49 and I got it at that.

Then about a couple of weeks ago it was in the the state that it's currently in.