nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

You really needed at least 40 people.

No way. BF2 was heaps of fun with smaller teams too.

Maps are too big bro. You need enough people that the action keeps coming. When you only have 8 people playing, even on oilfields, one of the smallest maps, everyone resorts to sniping or using the chopper. 20 a side is minimum for any decent map (Karkand, Dalian, Jahalabad, Kubra, not Wake, not under any circumstances).

You must have been playing with really bad people then lol. 8v8 10v10 was awesome for scrimming. 32v32 was only good for pubs and raping scrubs.

thanks for the link reb1rth!

some great info!

I found 32p on 64p maps to be some of the most fun I had though. Alot more freedom in the actions you can take.

I also like 16p on 64p maps, while combat could be a bit sparse at times flag cap chases could be fun. The SF maps where often the best for this especially Ghost town and Warlord.

16 on 32 inf only was also a lot of fun.

One thing I would like to see on BF3 but unlikely to happen is choice of vehicles, so instead of all vehicles or inf only we have a (EG) transport vehicles only. So jeeps, buggies and the like. Could be a good fast moving inf game then.

GAMEINFORMER SCANS HERE.

10 magazine page scans, including pictures, etc.

Enjoy.

http://hotfile.com/dl/102824988/f9a6526/BF...former.rar.html

Scans here if you CBF downloading them http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164286

Uh Oh. I am reading through the article and I am feeling a little uneasy. if you go to page 52 and the interview at the bottom of the page there is a question about the commander role. Essentially the response is that DICE think there was a problem with the original commander as it wasnt available to 'everyone'? and that they are intending to "lower the threshold" essentially so that people can "... play together having fun on their own more or less".

I interpret pretty much the entire interview as basiclly saying "we are going to try and make this game as accessible to everyone as possible".

I really want someone to ask DICE exactly HOW they are going to encouragh teamwork, becuase so far in everything Im reading all the talk is about 'playing it your way' and "making things more accessible". This is not good.

GAMEINFORMER SCANS HERE.

10 magazine page scans, including pictures, etc.

Enjoy.

http://hotfile.com/dl/102824988/f9a6526/BF...former.rar.html

Scans here if you CBF downloading them http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164286

Uh Oh. I am reading through the article and I am feeling a little uneasy. if you go to page 52 and the interview at the bottom of the page there is a question about the commander role. Essentially the response is that DICE think there was a problem with the original commander as it wasnt available to 'everyone'? and that they are intending to "lower the threshold" essentially so that people can "... play together having fun on their own more or less".

I interpret pretty much the entire interview as basiclly saying "we are going to try and make this game as accessible to everyone as possible".

I really want someone to ask DICE exactly HOW they are going to encouragh teamwork, becuase so far in everything Im reading all the talk is about 'playing it your way' and "making things more accessible". This is not good.

Call of Duty with squads?

LAN play is important, for all the usual reasons: low pings, less stupid behaviour such as TKing (nothing stops Tking like a slap upside the head), and the massive social aspect of fragging with friends. I can actually drag together 30ppl for a LAN, so large maps and 15v15 is great.

So fingers crossed......no hope, but fingers crossed :[

Lol, this thread took off

LAN was always epic on the older Battlefield games, hopefully there will still be. Plus, all the reasons mentioned below make it preferable for me (punch me mate instead of me monitor :P)

This better be as epic as they're hyping up.

If it is, this year is unbelievable for gaming!! Off the chain in fact!

I'm getting more and more excited about this one too. Hopefully not for nothing.

Its serouisly about time they made a battlefield like the classics agian. Im not bagging out BC / BC2 there great games in themselfs but the veteren battlefield have yearned for the return of Jets and 64 player Servers

Can't wait for the realse of more Trailers and Teasers and im off to Pre- Order =)

Battlefield will be epic, THANK YOU DICE

Frostbite 2 engine will be nice. Its about time, Battlefield 3 better bring sexyback. it can destroy COD's engine and limited innovation and make BC2 a dwarf.

David posted that on the main page like 8 hours ago man.

lol I dont look at the news page.

I've never been a huge fan of the BF series but I understand the appeal. Actually they may have held up development on ME2 because of BF3 which I find disappointing.

I hope DICE have it in them to provide 64 players on both the PS3 and X360.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Doubt it as I thought the consoles didn't have the grunt to run the big 64p maps and 64 players.

May be wrong on that though.

Doubt it as I thought the consoles didn't have the grunt to run the big 64p maps and 64 players.

May be wrong on that though.

DICE have tweeted they are announcing player caps later on, no such comments have been made on the platforms.

BC2 console - 24p

BC2 PC - 32p

Going by BC2 we can probably expect BF3 to be similar on console.

I read somewhere that 64p wouldn't be possible on consoles and that even 32p was asking too much.

I read somewhere that 64p wouldn't be possible on consoles and that even 32p was asking too much.

Did you read this from DICE? Because a link would serve you well.

Did you read this from DICE? Because a link would serve you well.

Honestly not sure dude, I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

Not exactly official DICE stuff, but reb1rth's quote a few pages back says 64p for pc and 26p for consoles, theres also a quote further back, in this article that basically says that PS3 won't be 64 due to network and gpu limitations.

Take it as you will, but considering just about every FPS on a console to date has had less players than its PC variants, I think its safe to say that you won't be seeing 64p on console.

That and the mention in all the articles that says "64p on PC"

Edited by nukejockey

I was aware of those comments before, actually they haven't deterred me...

we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience

Their lack of an official announcement implies they're pushing it as far as they can, I personally don't know what it takes to have 64 players online but I'm comfortable leaving it to DICE in getting it as close as possible. I assume 64 players inflicting destruction complicates what can be processed.

Take it as you will, but considering just about every FPS on a console to date has had less players than its PC variants

I don't have the statistics. Edited by King_TriTAN