nobody813

Battlefield 3 Website is Live - Teaser Trailer Sneaks Out!

I was aware of those comments before, actually they haven't deterred me...

we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience

Their lack of an official announcement implies they're pushing it as far as they can, I personally don't know what it takes to have 64 players online but I'm comfortable leaving it to DICE in getting it as close as possible. I assume 64 players inflicting destruction complicates what can be processed.

Take it as you will, but considering just about every FPS on a console to date has had less players than its PC variants

I don't have the statistics.

Neither do I, but I have played FPS games on console and on PC.

For example:

COD4 PC - 32p

Cod4 Console - 20p?

BC2 PC - 32p

BC2 Console - 24p

There are more, like MW2 and Blackops (although they dropped off extra player support on the pc versions for some reason) I think even Battlefield Modern Combat or whatever it was had no where near 64p, so I don't see much hope for BF3.

They may get it to 20v20 or something, but I think even that would be a big ask. So I'm just gonna take a guess that it won't get to 64p on console, if it does, I'll buy you a beer some time.

I think AC-DC should get back together for this for sure.

Too many games of BC2 just by myself with randoms. Gets too boring.

Oh I know specifically that those games have more players on the PC, when you said almost every game on the PC has a larger player cap I chalked that up to be an exageration. Not that you were lying but rather my obsession for numbers and deducing a specific percentage.

They may get it to 20v20 or something, but I think even that would be a big ask.

I think for BF3 it will be, but I don't know what networking technologies are need for 64 player games. the destruction alone is going to really complicate what 64 players can do. Furthermore EA have to foot the bill for all the networking costs BF3 will accumulate on the console as EA host all internally created games on dedicated servers. So I'm interested to see what player cap they settle on and I hope I win a beer for it, the stakes are much higher DICE.

Edited by King_TriTAN

Oh I know specifically that those games have more players on the PC, when you said almost every game on the PC has a larger player cap I chalked that up to be an exageration. Not that you were lying but rather my obsession for numbers and deducing a specific percentage.

They may get it to 20v20 or something, but I think even that would be a big ask.

I don't know what networking technologies are need for 64 player games. the destruction alone is going to really complicate what 64 players can do.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one, ever been in a match with a whole team of recons as attackers all mortaring one spot (Isla Innocentes, Port Valdez and Valpariso comes to mind) and it can lag all but the most powerful of PC's so I'd hate to see what it would/could be like on consoles with 32P let alone 64P.

edit: ftr thats not me, when I play recon I play it so I get the camo suit which helps you hide close to an mcom so your squad can spawn off you or helps you hide right next to a tank so you can c4 it.

Edited by nesquick

I think AC-DC should get back together for this for sure.

Too many games of BC2 just by myself with randoms. Gets too boring.

Yeah I have raised this in passing with a couple of the other old captains/senior members of ACDC. People like AliAli are with other clans and I doubt would be switching. What would be needed is some people with some basic technical expertise to get the website/discussion board working again. There would also need to be discussion about what type of clan it would be. With BF2 we did scrim and compete a bit but it was ultimately more of a social clan. Which was good itself for pubs and information sharing. Some of my finest gaming experiences ever were with a full ACDC squad on a BF2 pub server.

But the point is that it takes time to run/organise a clan and moderate a forum. I was able to do stuff with ACDC because my time allowed it. Depending on what the model is I would be prepared to take on some basic admin functions again. But people need to committ. The clan is only as good as what people put into it.

I would be hapy not to be competetive and focus on pub skills as well as scrims with other clans. I also think it is a good opputunity fro Atomic itself to maintain a prescence and promote itself. It would be nice to get some kind of 'official' support from David and the team. Of what nature i dont know. ACDC players in BF2 were known and respected for being fair players and importantly team players. BF2 was/is a game were the definition of a good player should in no way be determined by KDR. Nevertheless a fair few of us were pretty bloody good as well in a toe to toe firefight which is handy. But yeah you needed all classes in BF2. And because of good inbuilt communication tools even snipers/recon were a good class because you could use the recon ability of the sniper properly.

The old clan page is here : http://at0mic.12.forumer.com/index.php

If enough people want to start using it again we can get it going. I may actually make a new thread about this on this forum and start to see what the response is.

Please note - though I and others such as Mills and Rezny8 have the admin capabilities for the website please dont make enquiries via the website as I wont be checking it a lot at the moment and I havenet spoken properly to other clan captains/admins about that. so you might not get a reply. But by all means have a look around it.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

I'm interested in getting AC-DC going again, played BF2 with you guys a bit back in the day, although I never used the AC-DC tag. Would also be happy to give some of my time to help with website/forums as I'm currently doing 3 days a week at tafe, which leaves me with a bit of spare time. I've moderated other clan forums and stuff before to. Also happy to help put towards a BF3 clan server if you decide to do that too, have a fair bit of server admin experience aswell.

People like AliAli are with other clans and I doubt would be switching. What would be needed is some people with some basic technical expertise to get the website/discussion board working again. There would also need to be discussion about what type of clan it would be. With BF2 we did scrim and compete a bit but it was ultimately more of a social clan. Which was good itself for pubs and information sharing. Some of my finest gaming experiences ever were with a full ACDC squad on a BF2 pub server.

But the point is that it takes time to run/organise a clan and moderate a forum. I was able to do stuff with ACDC because my time allowed it. Depending on what the model is I would be prepared to take on some basic admin functions again. But people need to committ. The clan is only as good as what people put into it.

Ye doubt I would switch unless LD folded for some reason. We also are mainly a social clan these days, playing co-op Company of Heroes Blitz against the AI and some BF AIX coop.

As far as the boards go they are still up and running and I still have admin rights so can assign the same to someone else for administration stuff if the clan gets going again, although Ivan's email is still the admin email for the site.

Yes there is some commitment needed from Clan members to make it work so if people are not prepared to put some time in to the drudgery it will fail (accounts, user administration etc)

As far as

Some of my finest gaming experiences ever were with a full ACDC squad on a BF2 pub server.

goes I think some of the best games where on LDs server (espec the inf SF games), which is one reason I moved over to them. They did not tolerate any garbage from players. Plus of course being a member meant randoms could be kicked from a full clan server to give a slot to a clan member.

:-)

That looks pretty good, but it doesn't look like the battlefield games i loved. However, it is just one trailer so maybe later on we'll see some of the old school battlefield style of gameplay

Yeah just the single player side of it.

Can't wait to see some MP too.

The game is looking very good, though SP looks rather scripted

Similar to the COD games I spose. Anyone getting this for the singleplayer is getting it for the wrong reason though.

Frostbite 2 engine is looking good aswell.

By the looks of what I just saw from single player, I'll definitely be playing that.

I played a tad of BC2 single player and I got bored... fast. Hopefully BF3 challenges war game standards set by other games to make single player a decent experience.

Can't wait to see how the multiplayer looks! I've been dying for this game ever since I stopped playing BF2 about 4 years ago.

this game is getting better day by day..i cant wait!

damm..i wish i got Medal of honor..then i could get into the BF3 beta (when its out)

something tells me i might need to get that GTX 580 sooner then planned if i want to play this at full settings...

I was aware of those comments before, actually they haven't deterred me...

we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience

Their lack of an official announcement implies they're pushing it as far as they can, I personally don't know what it takes to have 64 players online but I'm comfortable leaving it to DICE in getting it as close as possible. I assume 64 players inflicting destruction complicates what can be processed.

Take it as you will, but considering just about every FPS on a console to date has had less players than its PC variants

I don't have the statistics.

Neither do I, but I have played FPS games on console and on PC.

For example:

COD4 PC - 32p

Cod4 Console - 20p?

BC2 PC - 32p

BC2 Console - 24p

There are more, like MW2 and Blackops (although they dropped off extra player support on the pc versions for some reason) I think even Battlefield Modern Combat or whatever it was had no where near 64p, so I don't see much hope for BF3.

They may get it to 20v20 or something, but I think even that would be a big ask. So I'm just gonna take a guess that it won't get to 64p on console, if it does, I'll buy you a beer some time.

This post needs far more MAG and it's brilliant 256 player PS3 battles.

/on topic: The video (and the .gifs it spawned) are unfuckingreal. Per object motion blur (maybe, hard to tell), and some stunning lighting, just wonderful. ANd given DICE's track record of the best sound effects, BF3 will be a technical marvel if nothing else.

I'm already toying a new PC purchase for the purpose of playing Witcher 2, and this is weighing in rather heavily as well...

stupid bald tyres on the rear of my car will be slowing down any gaming related purchase however :(

sooo keen for this. Building a new pc just for it :)

Hopefully its pretty much a modern version of BF2.. that game did most things right..

Edited by hmboy

The game is looking very good, though SP looks rather scripted

Similar to the COD games I spose. Anyone getting this for the singleplayer is getting it for the wrong reason though.

Frostbite 2 engine is looking good aswell.

Watching it thats what I was thinking, looks their going after COD SP as well since Infinity Ward has been recently fractured cause of Activision causing that whole mass walkout thing I doubt they will be able to come up with a great SP game like their previous installments.

that M4 with scope looks a bit retarded though as hes shooting.

Edited by nesquick